• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support (I-134)

I thing you will be ok with that saving, unless you have big family more than two members (40k per adult or so) . Job offer definitely will make big differences. Try to reach there 30 minutes before your interview time, first come first serviced. All embassy staff are friendly and helpful just make sure all your documents are in place. Good luck
Thanks

Technically speaking, the affidavit is required to be presented with the original signature on it. However, one may be able to get away with a scanned copy if your embassy has not expressly requested that an applicant must present an affidavit, the original copy is properly scanned with a very good scanner, and the recipient is able to print it out using a top of the line printer (I have a printer at home where I sometimes struggle with identifying my original document from copies whenever I use the printer to make copies and got careless enough to mix up the documents).

So it's your call on what to do.
Hi @Sm1smom ! My sponsor is ready to mail me the original affidavit and other tax documents (w2 + 1040 form) + ID copies. Do you have any idea on how much time does US mail need to reach Europe (Albania) ? Is it safer to pay for faster service like express, recommandee or other courier (UPS, Fedex, DHL) ? My interview is on March, 3rd.

I don't know how much would the mail cost me but I am sure I can't use e-mail to get these documents as in US Embassy in my country it's clearly stated that original documents will be accepted only (even though my cousin told me that CO accepted copy documents at the interview one year ago....). I just want to go safe!

Hi @Sm1smom ! My sponsor is ready to mail me the original affidavit and other tax documents (w2 + 1040 form) + ID copies. Do you have any idea on how much time does US mail need to reach Europe (Albania) ? Is it safer to pay for faster service like express, recommandee or other courier (UPS, Fedex, DHL) ? My interview is on March, 3rd.

I don't know how much would the mail cost me but I am sure I can't use e-mail to get these documents as in US Embassy in my country it's clearly stated that original documents will be accepted only (even though my cousin told me that CO accepted copy documents at the interview one year ago....). I just want to go safe!

I honestly don't know as I've never shipped anything from the U.S. to Albania. You may ask your host to consider using USPS Express service to send it if you're concerned about cost, it's a fast service option which is usually cheaper than courier services such as FedEx or UPS.

You need an original 134, but copies for the tax docs and ID is fine.

I doubt Mom has much experience in mailing to Albania, but generally things I sent to UK and Spain take around a week at most.

For some who may be wondering about Abu Dhabi and how strict their are regarding the I-134, I just got this reply from the embassy:
"You must demonstrate that you will not be a public charge to the United States government. That can be done via an I-134 or your personal bank statements."

So definitely not mandatory. Bank statements will also do.

Hi! Quickly after I knew that I was a winner of DV 2015, I asked to a relative for an affidavit, he made and sent it to me on july 2014 , with all the other tax documents w2, 1040 form, ID copies of the last fiscal year "2013". I suppose my interview will be scheduled may-june 2015 and I now wonder if this I-134 made 9 months ago with documents of 2013 will be accepted. He was to a lawyer and said to him that I-134 is valid for a year. Any way I asked him to send me the adjunct documents of "2014". Do you think he should also do a new I-134?

Hi! Quickly after I knew that I was a winner of DV 2015, I asked to a relative for an affidavit, he made and sent it to me on july 2014 , with all the other tax documents w2, 1040 form, ID copies of the last fiscal year "2013". I suppose my interview will be scheduled may-june 2015 and I now wonder if this I-134 made 9 months ago with documents of 2013 will be accepted. He was to a lawyer and said to him that I-134 is valid for a year. Any way I asked him to send me the adjunct documents of "2014". Do you think he should also do a new I-134?

If he is sending the tax docs, get him to send a new 134. Why risk it?

In the website of Havana Interests Section (name for the future embassy) is written this requirement for DV.
  • Evidence of economic solvency such as a bona-fide employment offer and/or submission of the Affidavit of Support I-134.
What is "bona-fide employment offer" ? There is an official or legal form for this?

thanks

In the website of Havana Interests Section (name for the future embassy) is written this requirement for DV.
  • Evidence of economic solvency such as a bona-fide employment offer and/or submission of the Affidavit of Support I-134.
What is "bona-fide employment offer" ? There is an official or legal form for this?

thanks

It simply means an authentic job offer, a verifiable job offer; not something deceptively put together for the purpose fraudulently getting the visa. There's no legal or official form for it.

@britismon..does us embassy in yaounde Cameroon require that affidavit of support?

Generally speaking - no - although they could ask for it in some cases. Most people in Cameroon will overcome that requirement by having a USA based host.

Generally speaking - no - although they could ask for it in some cases. Most people in Cameroon will overcome that requirement by having a USA based host.
. Bt lemme ask,wat are the kind of cases that require it?? Can it be like a case of mother and child?