• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All dv winners with EU CN 3x,xxx to 39,999 it's our time will we make it?

Simon even if you pay all your bill each month: is it better to use all the amount on your credit card each month or better to use only a part of it?

Yes I recommend to use only credit cards never debit cards. There is too much fraud so credit cards are better. Got one from BOA just before x-mas which returns 3 % on grocery 2 % on gas. But target store card gives u 5% of everything. Since I have not my ssn yet I can't get the store card but the credit cards was no problem even no ssn.

You are right that mortgage can be a good debt. If the asset appreciates and the interst is partly deductible. Getting one is however not as easy as 10 years ago but not as hard as it used to be.

Well in the USA it is hard to have no credit (because you kind need credit cards) but I agree you should aim to have no debt. So have a couple of credit cards but always pay off the full balances each month. Also, a mortgage is "good debt" (debt on an appreciating asset) so I don't mind that type of debt (it is preferable to renting forever).

Simon even if you pay all your bill each month: is it better to use all the amount on your credit card each month or better to use only a part of it?

The amount you use on a credit card should be kept low. Look at Credit Karma - you can see that utilzation of up to 20% of the credit limit is about right. I actually pay off my credit cards more than twice a month to keep the utilization low.

Ohhhh I didn't know That!!!!!!
I spent everything each month even if I needn't it! Just because I thought it wa better!! Am I going to have a bad credit score? :(

Only the last statement ending balance goes to credit reports, that is once a month. So you can spend 100% of your limit (some cards allow more than 100% of you stated limit), but as long as you pay it before your statement closing date it will never show on your report.
If you are NOT planning on applying for new credit, it is ok to have whatever utilization (even 100%), your score would temporarily be depressed, so what. When you have high balances the score goes down, you pay them off - it goes back up. There is no impact for the longer run. Having balances is an opportunity to create your payment history by making more than a minimum payment every month. On the other hand, in my past experience, the banks would not approve a credit line increase because I had not been utilizing some cards enough.
And when you know you will be applying for new credit in the future reduce you utilization to a minimum.

Only the last statement ending balance goes to credit reports, that is once a month. So you can spend 100% of your limit (some cards allow more than 100% of you stated limit), but as long as you pay it before your statement closing date it will never show on your report.
If you are NOT planning on applying for new credit, it is ok to have whatever utilization (even 100%), your score would temporarily be depressed, so what. When you have high balances the score goes down, you pay them off - it goes back up. There is no impact for the longer run. Having balances is an opportunity to create your payment history by making more than a minimum payment every month. On the other hand, in my past experience, the banks would not approve a credit line increase because I had not been utilizing some cards enough.
And when you know you will be applying for new credit in the future reduce you utilization to a minimum.

Great points!

Hey People! Any idea why my wife's USCIS case status is showing OPTIMIZED (in process), case received 20th of Jan (which is great by the way). And mine is still showing "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." Paid for both of us on the same day Nov 17th and of course we entered US on the same day January 10th. I am asking because my friend whose address I am using, is travelling for a month to NZ and I won't be able to grab our GCs if they arrive.

Hey People! Any idea why my wife's USCIS case status is showing OPTIMIZED (in process), case received 20th of Jan (which is great by the way). And mine is still showing "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." Paid for both of us on the same day Nov 17th and of course we entered US on the same day January 10th. I am asking because my friend whose address I am using, is travelling for a month to NZ and I won't be able to grab our GCs if they arrive.

When did your wife's switch to optimized?

Hey People! Any ideawhy my wife's USCIS case status is showing OPTIMIZED (in process), case received 20th of Jan (which is great by the way). And mine is still showing "Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review." Paid for both of us on the same day Nov 17th and of course we entered US on the same day January 10th. I am asking because my friend whose address I am using, is travelling for a month to NZ and I won't be able to grab our GCs if they arrive.
The GC will arrive within a week after the cases becomes optimized.
But I really dont know, why is yiurs not showing the same!
Wait one more week and see.

When did your wife's switch to optimized?

I think it had to be last couple of days as I checked both cases on Sunday.

The GC will arrive within a week after the cases becomes optimized.
But I really dont know, why is yiurs not showing the same!
Wait one more week and see.

Yeah. Will wait few days and drop them an email. Last time I used their contact form available on the USCIS ELIS website they politely replied within few days.

Yeah. Will wait few days and drop them an email. Last time I used their contact form available on the USCIS ELIS website they politely replied within few days.

Yeah' if it doesn't change soon call them. We had similar. Found out a month later one of the green cards had "unsuccessful production" but no-one seemed to pick this up till queried. So 3 went to optimized and arrived in the usual time and the 4th ended up taking something like 4 months.

Hey, say hello to mijoro for me.

Look for 5 months 6671 visas for eu, now if we assume that eu will get the ''normal'' quota 16.5k
They will have to distribute 1.5k visas per month for the last 8 months process...to meet this quota
I think EU cases are not dence at all ! Thats why they are scheduling 5000 per month lately and it will certainly
Reach 44 cn +.
And witha oas at the end +naraca increase i believe the quota will be around 18.5k

Do you love me more now ?? :rolleyes:

Hey, I have European case number 44,3XX. Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview?
Thanks

Hey, I have European case number 44,3XX. Do you think I have a chance of getting an interview?
Thanks

Very small chance in my opinion. You are in the last 250 cases in EU region (the last 400 selectees). So essentially you need the DS260 fiasco to cause enough people to miss out to make EU current. You need to have a plan B...

Thats bad news :( I'm not sure what the DS260 fiasco is?
I applied for the 2016 lottery too, does the fact that I have been selected before improve my chances of being selected again? Im not sure what my plan b is...

Thats bad news :( I'm not sure what the DS260 fiasco is?
I applied for the 2016 lottery too, does the fact that I have been selected before improve my chances of being selected again? Im not sure what my plan b is...

They introduced the DS260 system to the DV caases this year and it is taking 4 to 5 months to process the DS260 in each case. This created a backlog. I have posted about it here many times and on my blog.

No, winning one year has no effect on your chances from one year to the next. Best of luck for DV2016.

Yo Peeps!
Just had a "Nightmare at the airport" situation. Nobody knows about the "stamp" and the endorsement for a year deal so I had to argue my way through the gate because they would not accept the visa and the stamp as a temporary green card. Loads of phone calls until they found somebody knowledgable.

Jesus Christ Bananas! I'm too old for that stuff :D

Yo Peeps!
Just had a "Nightmare at the airport" situation. Nobody knows about the "stamp" and the endorsement for a year deal so I had to argue my way through the gate because they would not accept the visa and the stamp as a temporary green card. Loads of phone calls until they found somebody knowledgable.

Jesus Christ Bananas! I'm too old for that stuff :D

It's ridiculous isn't it! Just explain in a loud voice "I'm an LPR be-yatches - 'aight"

Off to the sunshine state?