Resident Return Visa SB-1

Jan737

I am naturalized British citizen from Pakistani origin. I entered USA as green card holder through F4 in September 2012 and left USA in August 2013. I left due to my wife’s pregnancy (my wife and two older kids also had green card) and sickness because we didn’t have enough help available in USA, without re-entry permit. I was blessed with twins in September 2013. Due to some health complications with one of the twin, we couldn't return back to USA within the time period. Therefore we overstayed our allowed time to be out of USA. Now that things are back to normal and we want to go back to USA.

I did bit of research over the internet and found that I will have to apply for the Resident Return Visa at my nearest US consulate. I was wondering what is the best way? Specially at this stage I want to travel by myself to sort out things and then have my family traveled to USA.

What documentation do I need and secondly is it good idea to apply RRV just for myself as test case if approved then apply for the rest of the family? Or what is the best way to go about it? Any similar experience?

Your help is much appreciated!