Waiting Asylum decision

Pick up decision - no decision

The AO told me to pick up my decision on a particular day and time. I travelled there and they told me: didn't anyone call you? Someone should have called you, there is no decision on your case. There is no information about when there will be a decision. It will be mailed to you.

Did this happen to anyone else? Please help.

Aug 2013 Applicaiton received
Oct 2013 Interview conducted
Oct 2013 Pick up decision at Asylum Office : No decision, no information
Pick up decision - no decision

The AO told me to pick up my decision on a particular day and time. I travelled there and they told me: didn't anyone call you? Someone should have called you, there is no decision on your case. There is no information about when there will be a decision. It will be mailed to you.

Did this happen to anyone else? Please help.

Aug 2013 Applicaiton received
Oct 2013 Interview conducted
Oct 2013 Pick up decision at Asylum Office : No decision, no information
How about you decision?

How about you decision?

Actually the AO told me to come back after 14 days and i received recommended approval letter but I am still waiting for the approval letter through mail. In your case for how long did you wait ? You didn't make any inquiry still ? What did your lawyer suggest ? Dis you applied for EAD ? I am sure that things will be nice soon.

Does anyone tried to track an asylum application online.. Mine says the receipt number is Invalid when i tried it on uscis website? Thanks a lot.

Actually the AO told me to come back after 14 days and i received recommended approval letter but I am still waiting for the approval letter through mail. In your case for how long did you wait ? You didn't make any inquiry still ? What did your lawyer suggest ? Dis you applied for EAD ? I am sure that things will be nice soon.
Applied February 2014
interviewed may 2014
Told to pick up decision after 10 day. On 9th day AO called and said she will mail m
I am waiting since may 2014. I was told to pick up decision after 10 days. On 9th day AO called and told my lawyer she would send the decision by mail within 60 days.... still waiting. Its 8 months now... got my EAD... lawyer wanted to send inquiry. .... I told her not to..... because one of my friend send a letter.... he got no reply in months.

That is quite long time... what about going to the asylum office personally to inquire about your case? Which asylum office by the way? I have read some post that those who wait long time mostly got approval. It sound like you were on status when you applied for asylum.

You can't check status online
You can check your status after your asylum is approved by USCIS. It will say " EAD card production". FYI- you can refer some posts that are previously posted by the people who were able to check their status online after their approval. What did the USCIS website says when you entered your asylum receipt number ?

You can check your status after your asylum is approved by USCIS. It will say " EAD card production". FYI- you can refer some posts that are previously posted by the people who were able to check their status online after their approval. What did the USCIS website says when you entered your asylum receipt number ?
It says invalid receipt number

That means it is still pending... why don't you go in person to the asylum office and ask about your case ? Is it in Arlington asylum office ?

I am in jersey so its newark. One of my frnd went there. They said you have EAD card you have driver's license so why are you in hurry be patient. We are working on it. You'll have your decision by mail. That's why I didn't visit by person.

If so just be positive and make yourself busy. Mine is pending and still I am waiting something to make myself busy...soon it will come and surprise us...

I read all the threads in this post and found it very helpful.
My case was interviewed about 2 wks ago. We were out of status when interviewed. We were asked to pick up the decision on the 14th day in the office (San francisco).
However we were told no decision yet.
We have to wait.
Thinking that we have waited for 1 whole year for the interview after application, another endless waiting was killing us.
I found most of the people here have got their approval letters finally, some in 2-3 months, some in 6 months and some in around 1 year.
Some unlucky guys were still waiting after years of waiting.
God knows how long we need to wait.

------------------------------
Time Line:
Application: Nov 22, 2013
Fingerprint: Dec 10, 2013
Interview Notice: Dec 20, 2014 ( right, waited for 1 whole yr for this)
Interview conducted: Jan 8, 2015
Decision supposed to be picked up : Jan 21, 2015
Yet, no decision. Had to wait again...

Decision: N/A

I read all the threads in this post and found it very helpful.
My case was interviewed about 2 wks ago. We were out of status when interviewed. We were asked to pick up the decision on the 14th day in the office (San francisco).
However we were told no decision yet.
We have to wait.
Thinking that we have waited for 1 whole year for the interview after application, another endless waiting was killing us.
I found most of the people here have got their approval letters finally, some in 2-3 months, some in 6 months and some in around 1 year.
Some unlucky guys were still waiting after years of waiting.
God knows how long we need to wait.

------------------------------
Time Line:
Application: Nov 22, 2013
Fingerprint: Dec 10, 2013
Interview Notice: Dec 20, 2014 ( right, waited for 1 whole yr for this)
Interview conducted: Jan 8, 2015
Decision supposed to be picked up : Jan 21, 2015
Yet, no decision. Had to wait again...

Decision: N/A
Based on the story that I read from this forum, I can tell that you will be approved soon....by the way how was your interview...? In which asylum office ?

Based on the story that I read from this forum, I can tell that you will be approved soon....by the way how was your interview...? In which asylum office ?

Our interview went on well. At least we thought so.
It was a middle age man who conducted the interview. He was nice and polite. The whole interview last for about 1 hour. All the questions he asked were based on the form 589 and our case statement. There were no challenging questions actually.
He told us to pick up the decision in 2 weeks.
However we were told to keep waiting by the time we went to pick up the decision.

Our interview went on well. At least we thought so.
It was a middle age man who conducted the interview. He was nice and polite. The whole interview last for about 1 hour. All the questions he asked were based on the form 589 and our case statement. There were no challenging questions actually.
He told us to pick up the decision in 2 weeks.
However we were told to keep waiting by the time we went to pick up the decision.

I am sure you will receive the approval soon.... my interview took almost 3.5 hours...... Praying and waiting the approval through mail.....

Hello friends, it's been 2yrs now still waiting........ all I'm getting when I went to check for my status is your case is under routine review by Asylum officer' any great news for you guys?