• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

I appreciate for your continuous assistant on this forum but what most people are skipping to understand is that us isn't a small heaven where the government is meant to provide almost everything for smooth existence. You must sweat to acquire the return.escaping from the fact is one rhetoric which might ruin hearts of many whose expectations are beyond +ve.thanks to sussieqqq for explaining this further.

It seems to me you are trying to tell people "come to the US because you will get money for having children"
This is how very dangerous rumors get started...I have seen on forums people saying that the US pays for everything when you immigrate...your posts (which so far have not shown a single substantiated case of money being given with no strings as you imply) could be seen as a feeding ground for such a rumor... (Now you are saying maybe the employer, huh? Well maybe but that will be job dependent not the government and even so I would be surprised...) you really should be more careful about what you post.
Usage of WIC etc also builds up anti-immigrant feeling "look at these new immigrants all on benefits taking our tax money"....
Just saying.
i do agreed with you rumors are quick to spread especially among us African.

I appreciate for your continuous assistant on this forum but what most people are skipping to understand is that us isn't a small heaven where the government is meant to provide almost everything for smooth existence. You must sweat to acquire the return.escaping from the fact is one rhetoric which might ruin hearts of many whose expectations are beyond +ve.thanks to sussieqqq for explaining this further.
I don't know what you meant by..." most people"... don't just criticize...a simple question was asked by an expectant member of this forum who wanted some diverse opinion and- with or without our input- a bundle of joy shall be celebrated (either in Kenya or US) by November.Am sure No one will plan to have a baby through a selection probability of 1 out of 14 million applicants.This is a DV Immigrant program where everyone swear by oath before the CO that he does not intend to become a public charge and when I say this,its because of the kind of support the Host gives to the so called African society as well as the successful life the selectees had before relocating to the USA- OUR FORMER LIFE WAS NOT FOUNDED ON RHETORIC-Men and Women in this forum have left behind Big investments and Good jobs THEY ARE NOT ESCAPING THE REALTY .In Kenya we had a feeding program me (maziwa ya nyayo) for all school going children-it was given to all children without discrimination on financial background.I have 99% life changing success stories of all the 200 dv immigrants known to me for the past 10 years.

I should have know all of you existed my work would have been easy.
I waited for my 2NL for 4 months received it Dec 12.
My interview is on Feb 19.
Anyone else with interview in Feb, let's encourage each other.

Thanks to all who shared their interview experiences it's helping me prepare.
Feel free to share your tips.
For now all my docs are ready, medical exam passed, KNEC results already submitted to Embassy.
Following up with last vaccinations next month due after 6 weeks

Thanks to all who shared their interview experiences it's helping me prepare.
Feel free to share your tips.
For now all my docs are ready, medical exam passed, KNEC results already submitted to Embassy.
Following up with last vaccinations next month due after 6 weeks
@JC2015 which is this last vaccination? I thought all vaccinations required are administered during the medical check up at IOM. Could be am wrong.

Remittances from Kenyans in North America grew 9 percent to $677 million, accounting for close to half of the total amount sent to the African nation, central bank data showed. The central bank said the rise in funds from Kenyans living in North America was driven by an increase in attractive investment opportunities in Kenya, better capturing of data by commercial banks and the recovery in the U.S. economy. Treasury policy makers want to issue a Diaspora bond aimed at Kenyan citizens abroad, to raise cash to pay for construction of infrastructure such as roads and power plants.
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/busi...s-jump-10-7-pct-in-2014-help-cushion-currencyhttp://www.standardmedia.co.ke/busi...s-jump-10-7-pct-in-2014-help-cushion-currency

@coronahope we were given our IOM vaccination forms and told to do the same vaccinations again after 4-6weeks. It's more like the immunization sequence followed for infants. It ensures the vaccination process is complete which is then indicated on vaccination certificates. Right now our vaccination forms show 'incomplete'.

The IOM nurse explained that if we don't complete those vaccines here we'll have to do it in the US which will pose other complications and it's expensive. We have children and were told without the proper vaccinations for them it will difficult to enroll them in school. The only glitch is one has to pay for the vaccines again, around 20k @IOM but cheaper at City hall which is certified to do such shots.

It's vital to preview the IOM vaccination forms after the medical test to confirm your names, birth dates, passport# are written correctly. Ours had errors so we returned them and were corrected. It's this info that will be printed on the medical certificates that will be issued at the embassy. It's safer to ask questions before leaving IOM to not miss anything.

Last edited:
@coronahope we were given our IOM vaccination forms and told to do the same vaccinations again after 4-6weeks. It's more like the immunization sequence followed for infants. It ensures the vaccination process is complete which is then indicated on vaccination certificates. Right now our vaccination forms show 'incomplete'.

The IOM nurse explained that if we don't complete those vaccines here we'll have to do it in the US which will pose other complications and it's expensive. We have children and were told without the proper vaccinations for them it will difficult to enroll them in school. The only glitch is one has to pay for the vaccines again, around 20k @IOM but cheaper at City hall which is certified to do such shots.

It's vital to preview the IOM vaccination forms after the medical test to confirm your names, birth dates, passport# are written correctly. Ours had errors so we returned them and were corrected. It's this info that will be printed on the medical certificates that will be issued at the embassy. It's safer to ask questions before leaving IOM to not miss anything.

Btw for children - make sure the doctor gives you a copy of the official vaccination worksheet. This presents all the vaccinations (including the ones done previously that the doctor will transcribe from the vaccination record) in a standardized way that the US schools can understand.

Btw for children - make sure the doctor gives you a copy of the official vaccination worksheet. This presents all the vaccinations (including the ones done previously that the doctor will transcribe from the vaccination record) in a standardized way that the US schools can understand.
@SusieQQQ thanks for the info. Just inquiring do you mean the IOM vaccination forms or can i also carry GOK immunization cards from when they were born?

By the way I'm wondering for those going for the interview as a family, are we going to be interviewed together (parents and kids) or separately (each spouse alone?)
I'm the principal and will go with spouse and kids.
Please advice

P/s if someone has already had an interview with their family please share tips.
Thanks

@SusieQQQ thanks for the info. Just inquiring do you mean the IOM vaccination forms or can i also carry GOK immunization cards from when they were born?

That was the point I was trying to make, U.S. schools do not know all the way different governments have their cards, vaccines sometimes have different names in different countries and so on. There is a vaccination worksheet the panel doctor must fill out. I will see if I can find a sample online. The way this is filled in, the school can easily see if the required vaccines have been done.