• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 winners from Sri Lanka

Hi All

Just to update regarding my journey

1st Step to USA on 7th Sunday at 2.55pm in Washington Dulles airport. finally dream come true. at the immigration Mailing address was changed & i recive my SSN on 14th Dec. still my family didn't receive the SSN of them.

i have lot of question & this forum is the best way to find the solution & search accurate info.

2014AS000104**
hai nav.when did u finished your intervew please?all the best your usa life.

hai britsimon.last year asia vb finished by 13350 except nepal 9100.its means total asia call for intervew 22450.am i correct?please explain.thanks

hai britsimon.last year asia vb finished by 13350 except nepal 9100.its means total asia call for intervew 22450.am i correct?please explain.thanks

Last year Nepal was held 9500. You don't add them together, the 9500 is included in the 13350 number - meaning that although the numbers rose past 9500 for other countries in Asia, Nepal cases were not scheduled past 9500.

Also. Each case number includes derivatives, BUT not all case numbers are real numbers - some are gaps. So you could see something like this:-

Case Number - number of visas(selectees plus Family)
1 - 3
2 - 1
4 - 7
6 - 1

Notice the gaps - we call those "holes". And the column is how many "selectees" are attached to each number.

This is explained in detail here:

http://britsimonsays.com/the-lottery-draw-process-holes-theory-and-so-on/

Last year Nepal was held 9500. You don't add them together, the 9500 is included in the 13350 number - meaning that although the numbers rose past 9500 for other countries in Asia, Nepal cases were not scheduled past 9500.

Also. Each case number includes derivatives, BUT not all case numbers are real numbers - some are gaps. So you could see something like this:-

Case Number - number of visas(selectees plus Family)
1 - 3
2 - 1
4 - 7
6 - 1

Notice the gaps - we call those "holes". And the column is how many "selectees" are attached to each number.

This is explained in detail here:

http://britsimonsays.com/the-lottery-draw-process-holes-theory-and-so-on/
thanks britsimon for your valubel answer and explain.

hai nav.when did u finished your intervew please?all the best your usa life.

Hi shawdha

Sorry for late reply bro.

We finished interview on 28th August & we are on AP due to I134 issue. however we have resubmited the new I134 & we got visa on October 9.

hai nav, how is ur usa life there can find job ? how is house rent chagers and expensess , sri lankan where living mostly ?

mr. Idea Mani

I apply last year October .I expecting result this year may. This my first time any possibility have with one time select. You how many time apply ?

Mr. Idea main

More then five time you applied ? When u sit interview ? If any body you know first time selected ? sorry for I ask because I had tension

hai nav, how is ur usa life there can find job ? how is house rent chagers and expensess , sri lankan where living mostly ?

Hi,

Yes , you can find a job , house rent prices are little bit high here & base on states it will depend, i am in maryland, 1 bed room apartment will be $1200 & single family house will be around $2000 if you are taking US salary comparing to it expenses are low but if you convert & compare with sri lankan rupees it seems to be very high, so do not compare with sri lankan rupees you will get headache, heard that most of sri lanakan are near the new York, they are in most states

Hi

There are so many people in this forum with more experience such as britsimon..etc, you all can get answers from those guys as well as they are accurate & more experience people. in my journey i also get information from those guys.

thx guys, 2000 $ house rent mean more then 4000$ need to earn.in bigging good salary job can get? after select lottery with in how many month they call interview ?

initially it's little bit hard to find high pay job, but you can check the minimum hourly pay rate which was decided by the government in relevant states. you can check the visa bulletin, & it's depend on monthly bulletin, however we won 2013 may & as i remember interview letter was updated on DV lottery web page on end of June 2014 & interview as per that letter end of august 2014. but year to year these interview periods are changing so follow the monthly visa bulletin. you can get idea on that.