Chicago Asylum Office

i'm living in Chicago, the distance from my house to asylum office is just 6 kilometers..i applied for asylum in 8/16/2013 and did the fingerprint in 8/23/2013.. i got my interview notice in 11/27/2013 and did the interview which was good in 12/17/2013 also i applied for work permit in 1/17/2014... everything is pending till now.. the problem also i have 2 kids still in my home country and they are facing very bad situation and i cant bring them to USA because of my pending case...i don't know what should i do :(

i'm living in Chicago, the distance from my house to asylum office is just 6 kilometers..i applied for asylum in 8/16/2013 and did the fingerprint in 8/23/2013.. i got my interview notice in 11/27/2013 and did the interview which was good in 12/17/2013 also i applied for work permit in 1/17/2014... everything is pending till now.. the problem also i have 2 kids still in my home country and they are facing very bad situation and i cant bring them to USA because of my pending case...i don't know what should i do :(

It's a hard situation for all of us. Justice delayed is justice denied. I feel your pain, coz I am going through the same. I have not revived interview notice nine months after my application. I've even thought if transferring my case to Canada or somewhere in South America. Let's keep heart and pray for the best, God will make away for us.
Waz!

thanks Waz and god bless you... always when i visit asylum office to check my case they have only one answer "your case is pending and you have to be patient !! the problem if you trying to be patient do you think the owner of my appartment will be patient about the rent or the bills will be patient ?? i hope all of us will be in good situation in one day

Hello everyone,

I have been reading your posts and it was really helpful.
Just wanted to share my status with you all.

- i-589 filed Aug 2013
- Bio done Sep 2013
- Interview done at Chicago Asylum Office Sep 2013
- EAD applied Feb 2014(still waiting for approval)
Currently out of status and case pending for more than 6 months!

I applied for Asylum on October 2012 and still waiting for an interview... I am on F1 expiring on May!!
I also applied for assylum in October, 2013 at chicago assylum office,did you have your interview already? I did not have still an interview notice, I appreciate your response, thank you.

Hi all, I have been rading your posts for the last 3 months, Its going to be 5months since i sent in my asylum application, every thing moved fast in a way that i did my interview in about less than a month after applying. The interview its self took less than 40mins or even less, its been 3months since i did my interview and i haven't heard any thing, am in so much pain, i have a family back in my home country. A few days back, my status expired, so am into illegal status now, am planning to apply for EAD.

I just wanted to share my situation with you all, its relieving when you know you are not the only one going through a situation. I just want to know if there is any one here who did his/her interview through Chicago office around my time or at any time and going through the same situation as mine.?

I also need some help on how to fill and file my EAD forms, i never hired an artoney

This is such a great news. Congratulations!! It's always great to hear people in the same boat as us have a positive outcome.

By the way Lana_E, it will be very helpful to us if you can write down your application's timeline as a signature like many of us.

Hello everyone,
- i-589 filed Aug 2013
- Bio done Sep 2013
- Interview done at Chicago Asylum Office Sep 2013
- EAD applied Feb 2014(still waiting for approval)
Currently out of status and case pending for more than 6 months!

Thank you Ah786 for sharing your timeline . Can you paste your timeline here as a signature so it will show up under all your posts everywhere. In case you would like to, check the picture here that will show you where you can do it.

lota2013-signature.png

Auy update on Chicago office interview delay?
I appllied on 09/18/2014, fingerprinting done on 10/10/2014. No news after that..

Guys .... Asylum office ask my to come in after two weeks from now for my second interview in Chicago office.
I did my first interview in San Francisco in 2012
They told me that additional information required for my asylum application. therefore they scheduled a second interview.

Any ideas ?!

Hello,

I have been waiting for decision after my interview in 2016. Now it will be two years soon. Is Chicago office that slow? Anyone in a similar situation?