• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

hello everybody, i want to say well done for those of u who picked their visa and let it be a smooth road for those to be interviewed. one question just came into my mind. ,.. is the 6mth visa validity period dependent on expiry date of the medical result

hello everybody, i want to say well done for those of u who picked their visa and let it be a smooth road for those to be interviewed. one question just came into my mind. ,.. is the 6mth visa validity period dependent on expiry date of the medical result

Yes.

Dear MB1xxx, i was trying to read back your posts.
Your medical had been done on November 2/2014, and your interview was on November 17/2014. You also said you plan to fly in July. I think the entry date you planned will exceed the six month limit between your medical examination date and entry date. What are you thinking?

362848"]**** breaking reaking news****

99 % visa approval :D:p:D

For these thread

So far so good !!!

We have one AP CASE which will be resolved Very soon hopefully !
[/QUOTE]
Eople
****Breaking news****

For these thread

So far so good !!!

Hi people

i am happy to join the group ;

zgreat have Invited me here thanks so much brother

i have a high case number i will show uo here soon

362848"]**** breaking reaking news****

For these thread

So far so good !!!

that's too much praise ; hope you will read every single page

I promise it's worth it !!!

Welcome and thanks

Last edited:
Dear MB1xxx, i was trying to read back your posts.
Your medical had been done on November 2/2014, and your interview was on November 17/2014. You also said you plan to fly in July. I think the entry date you planned will exceed the six month limit between your medical examination date and entry date. What are you thinking?
Hi God-is-Love, that is good question. All my plan is based on the six month duration starting from the date visa will be put on our passport (printed). I also know two DV cases this year whose duration on the visa is exactly six month from the date it is offered. Otherwise, if the six month limit is based on date of medical report, logically, there is no point of postponing our visa offering date. I am aware of the YES answer above from SusieQQQ:
However, at this point in time, I have no choice but wait and see how it will turnout. Probably I have been OVER confident to pay for the July ticket. Expect full answer to your question in this week or so.

Hi God-is-Love, that is good question. All my plan is based on the six month duration starting from the date visa will be put on our passport (printed). I also know two DV cases this year whose duration on the visa is exactly six month from the date it is offered. Otherwise, if the six month limit is based on date of medical report, logically, there is no point of postponing our visa offering date. I am aware of the YES answer above from SusieQQQ:

However, at this point in time, I have no choice but wait and see how it will turnout. Probably I have been OVER confident to pay for the July ticket. Expect full answer to your question in this week or so.

So, are you going to embassy this week?
The other thing, as I've learnt from this forum, the six month limit starts to count from the date of medical examination. I don't have any official page to link here about such case except previous posts by senior members. Others may help me with this.
But I advice you to ask the CO when you get your approval. You may need to tell the CO the intended date of entry and medical examination date. You may get the answer right there.
May be they request you to make another medical which won't expire till you enter US.

But if your interview was Nov then July is too late anyway, or did I miss something? The maximum validity is 6 months, shorter if medical expires earlier.

So, are you going to embassy this week?
The other thing, as I've learnt from this forum, the six month limit starts to count from the date of medical examination. I don't have any official page to link here about such case except previous posts by senior members. Others may help me with this.
But I advice you to ask the CO when you get your approval. You may need to tell the CO the intended date of entry and medical examination date. You may get the answer right there.
May be they request you to make another medical which won't expire till you enter US.
Yes we plan to go this week. I will do all that is possible to have everything as planned.

But if your interview was Nov then July is too late anyway, or did I miss something? The maximum validity is 6 months, shorter if medical expires earlier.
Yes SusieQQQ you missed some part of the story. We (my family) didn't receive our visa yet though it is already approved in view of accommodating completion of children exit exam within the six month limit.

Hi friends. Is there anybody (among January interview) who has picked up a passport with visa from DHL? How long does it take to pick up a passport once visa is approved?

****Breaking news****

For these thread

So far so good !!!

Good for this thread. But, does anybody know the national data for Ethiopia? I couldn't see the global data from @Britsimon's blog. My poor mobile. Is it in .xls format?