• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Why would you pile on the stress like that????
I have a job to go to and she has been waiting a long time already. Thats about the latest date that I can get a flight using points otherwise it will be 5th April. Does that seem more sensible?

Last edited:
Hi all
We take off this coming Wednesday for LA, then flight to Houston to start our road trip, anybody know about the best deals on rental cars looking at an SUV or similar from 30 th Jan until the 18/19 th fen,
Cheers Claire

Hi all
We take off this coming Wednesday for LA, then flight to Houston to start our road trip, anybody know about the best deals on rental cars looking at an SUV or similar from 30 th Jan until the 18/19 th fen,
Cheers Claire

That's exciting. Safe travels. I used Alamo last year and I found them really cheap and easy. Admittedly it was only a small car but it was only $25/day. And that was all insurances. I was happy with that.

Hi all
Cheers Claire

Use the kayak.com rental car search. Just checked - $48 a day for an SUV from George Bush Airport.

We've used Alamo and Enterprise and they have both been good. Always book online for the best rate, the airport isa lot more as you would expect.

Slightly random but moving-to-the-US-related topic: For anyone thinking of taking their cats and dogs to the US, you'll need to register their microchip in again in case they get lost. I found this website where you can register you pet's microchip for free:

https://microchipregistry.foundanimals.org/index.php

I've already signed up my baby because I couldn't bear the thought of losing him (even though he's an indoor cat). :)

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks for the helpful advice provided here (still going through the pages)..the strong sense of community here is great!
My CN is 7XX and I have an interview scheduled in Feb. If all goes well, then I have until July (when the med exam results expires) to get to the US to activate the GC. However, for my job I won't be able to move there straight away. Given that the GC is valid for 1 year away from the US then it should still be valid until July 2016...which is the deadline for moving there permanently. Just wondering whether I have to provide some proof for not being able to move there straight away as I've heard that the longer you take to move there, the more they question you at the airport at reentry. My main reason for staying here is to gain as much work experience as I can before I look for a job over there. Another issue with this is that I will be taxed twice if I keep working here .

Still trying to figure out how to transition the move there..seems like a daunting process!