• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

dian3 congratulations. What about the other guy in your neighbourhood? So u didn't even introduce him to this forum? I will partly blame you if this guy got denied... Lol.

What should one expect if you are qualifying and applying by Work Experience and your job is also listed on the web site at Onet ? what are the chances ? I know the top jobs in the US are IT and Medical related. In the case of your area friend did you know what job he was applying with and how many experience he had gained in that cartegory ? Advice and suggestions are highly recommended.

hmmmm,he is a regular visitor to the forum just that he hasn't sign up his signature but unfortunately,he got denied because he applied with work experience and not education.surprisingly,his job was listed among the Onet site provided by the KCC.HMMM,very sad and still weighing if he has to follow it up with some letters to the embassy as a concern since he felt not treated fairly
What should one expect if you are qualifying and applying by Work Experience and your job is also listed on the web site at Onet ? what are the chances ? I know the top jobs in the US are IT and Medical related. In the case of your area friend did you know what job he was applying with and how many experience he had gained in that cartegory ? Advice and suggestions are highly recommended.

There has been a lot written here and on britsimon's blog. It's difficult to qualify this way. You can't just choose a job off ONet, say you do it and expect them to take it at face value. You need to document properly that your experience fits the job. (And obviously it needs to be the right type of job on ONet in level and SVP).

Sad for your buddy and Congrats to you. did you produce evidence of your marriage with marriage certificates and pictures? what other documents did you equip yourself with?
Thanks.Yes,I added my marriage certificate with a photocopy and was even asked to add extra photocopy of the marriage certificate to that of my husband documents.All my spouse documents were returned back to him since he is not the principal applicant except the photocopy of the marriage certificate,police report,passport,passport photos and the medical report were taken.I carried our wedded album along but,they never requested for it.All other documents(job related,etc)were also not collected or requested.But please,its better to be well armed before going there.Dont underrate or take anything for granted because,you cannot predict what may be requested of you on your d-day.

susie QQQ is right.Please,take what ever advice the moderators are offering.My friend applied as a safety,fire and environment man and also works with very high recognize company in Ghana with 9 years of work experience.But I dont really know what went wrong with him.I also read the denied letter.very frustrating to know his job which is listed among the onet provided was used as the basis for his refusal

In other words,when the consul got to know that I am a psychiatric nurse with years on the field,she never hesitate or bothered for further question and my interview lasted less than two minutes.so,situation vary with each and every one.be well prepared and thats all

Please guys, be aware that just because a job is listed on ONet and you have a few years experience, that doesn't mean it is acceptable. It must be job level 4 or 5 with a SVP of 7 or higher.

So Dian, not sure exactly what your friend does, but without solid proof of exactly a high enough level of work that he did, a quick search on ONet tells me he was probably job level 3, and that is why he was rejected.

In other words,when the consul got to know that I am a psychiatric nurse with years on the field,she never hesitate or bothered for further question and my interview lasted less than two minutes.so,situation vary with each and every one.be well prepared and thats all
you have said it right. one thing we have to note is that the level of education informs the CO whether u will be a public burden or not. In order words, the higher you are from high school, the safer you are to getting approved although the law says minimum high school certificate.
Again qualification by work is difficult also because most of the professional works requires certification to practice. it will difficult to practice as an loan officer, banker or accountant if you do not have CFP/CPA status. So i believe all these factors are considered by the CO in relation to the public burden to make a final decision.

dian3 congratulations. What about the other guy in your neighbourhood? So u didn't even introduce him to this forum? I will partly blame you if this guy got denied... Lol.
there are many people out there who visit the forum daily but are not members:)

hmmmm,he is a regular visitor to the forum just that he hasn't sign up his signature but unfortunately,he got denied because he applied with work experience and not education.surprisingly,his job was listed among the Onet site provided by the KCC.HMMM,very sad and still weighing if he has to follow it up with some letters to the embassy as a concern since he felt not treated fairly

Well, this fellow certainly has no one but himself to blame for the denial. A regular visitor who never bothered to post. If he had bothered to post or sought guidance on with regards to his plans about qualifying based on work experience, he would have been better guided and probably could be singing a different song today. Just because a job is listed on the O*Net doesn't necessarily mean it meets the required qualification. Like we've always said, it's a lot harder to qualify based on work experience, there's a lot of preparation and proof required in order to be approved based on that.

There's nothing left for him to do but to move on with his life. Even in cases where a case is erroneously denied by the CO, which I do not think is the case in this one, there's no appealing the decision. His letter will not lead to a reversal of the decision. He cost himself the visa as far as I can tell by your narration, he can't claim unfair treatment from the CO/embassy.

Hi Moderators and fellow mates. I have a concern and would need some entries. On my ds260 i stated my ‘highest level of education’ as ‘HND’, eventhough my highest is a Bechelor’s degree. The reason being that i have only transcripts for my bachelor’s since the cert would be in later, after my interview. Are the degree transcripts enough proof of ‘highest level of education’ to the CO, without the cert.? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Moderators and fellow mates. I have a concern and would need some entries. On my ds260 i stated my ‘highest level of education’ as ‘HND’, eventhough my highest is a Bechelor’s degree. The reason being that i have only transcripts for my bachelor’s since the cert would be in later, after my interview. Are the degree transcripts enough proof of ‘highest level of education’ to the CO, without the cert.? Thanks
I guess that shldn't be a problem because on the DS 260 the question categorically asked for highest school COMPLETED.
Am in the same soup with you but even though I did not list the Bsc degree on the DS 260 because I have not completed yet, I have taken transcript to date and am going with it to the interview.
But I stand for correction though.

I guess that shldn't be a problem because on the DS 260 the question categorically asked for highest school COMPLETED.
Am in the same soup with you but even though I did not list the Bsc degree on the DS 260 because I have not completed yet, I have taken transcript to date and am going with it to the interview.

Well since to qualify by education you need atleast a High School certificate, anything above the high school is a plus so there is nothing to worry about. just carry some proof by getting an introduction letter from the school on a letter head and add your transcripts and any other thing you can use as proof including your students Idcard. Good Luck

when is your interview?

when is your interview?

@dian3
I and my family, we got our tickets from IOM and it was really good compared to normal fares. You will need to show proof that you are migrating with your visa. I have a contact number.

@dian3
I and my family, we got our tickets from IOM and it was really good compared to normal fares. You will need to show proof that you are migrating with your visa. I have a contact number.

It will be great to give us a fair idea of how much they are quoting from Departure (kia) and POE .That will give us an idea and if you can also give us their contact number and Name . That will be appreciated

It's not a problem bro. well, i completed my degree quite long ago but transcripts were made available quite recently after receiving my 2NL. i will still take them along and notify the CO, to that effect. Thank you