• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Now the interview details:Got to the embassy before 6am with my family(husband and two kids).we got there in the company of another DV guy from my neighborhood.we were called to form a queue exactly 7am.All protocol observed and we were checked inn.Interestingly,we the migrant people were many but three of us were called at window three for one minutes briefing as to things to do or expected of us.so I got the impression that only three of us among the lots were DV applicants.we sat there about an hour before we were called by the cashier to come and pay our money(ie 3.3 ghana cedis to a dollar). After payment,we were asked to sit again till they called us to submit our documents,which again took us almost an hour before I was being called to window one to submit my documents.
After submission,I was asked to go back and sit.15 minutes later,my family was called at window one and this time for thumb print.All migrant people being called for their turn of interview were being denied and not to talk about non-immigrant.All my prayers by then was to be called at window 5 since our predecessors were saying nice things about the man at window 5 on the forum.
Lo and behold,my name was being mentioned at window three and my husband just inspired me that,God favor is upon us and irrespective of where ever they called us,we are going for it and I felt bold in my spirit that yes,its for us.
we stood at window three before a white consul lady.we were the first DV applicant to be called for the interview,so I realised the other DV colleaque changed their position to know and see how it will go for us.
The main interview:
CO;Good morning
ME;Good morning and how are you doing?
CO;Feeling great
CO;let me begin with your husband by asking him to thumb print with his right hand.
HUSBAND;Oh ok,thanks
CO;How long is your longest duration stay outside of Ghana?
HUSBAND;Three months
CO;Which country?
HUSBAND;U.S
CO;Oh ok,nodding her head and said stand here for for your wife to take over.
CO;How long have you been married?
ME;Answered
CO;And these are your two strong kids?
ME;Yes
CO:Ever married or have any other kids beside these kids?
ME;No
CO;So what do you do
ME;Answered
CO; how long have you been working ?
ME;Answered.
CO;Pulled the green sheets and said,please come for your visa next week friday in the morning.
ME;Looked at my husband face
CO;Or you would love to come for it in the evening?
ME;Yes please
CO;OK then come Wednesday for it and congratulation.
ME;THANKS
So smooth and simple,right?Please,the forum has been very helpful and just dont know what to say especially to the super moderators,but please moderators,from the deepest part of my heart,I say a big thank you to you all because your advise has been very helpful and to my fellow colleagues,I say kudos.

I know my witting is lengthy but please forgive me.just want to give a vivid picture of what really transpired there.

Awesome! Congratulations!!

Now the interview details:Got to the embassy before 6am with my family(husband and two kids).we got there in the company of another DV guy from my neighborhood.we were called to form a queue exactly 7am.All protocol observed and we were checked inn.Interestingly,we the migrant people were many but three of us were called at window three for one minutes briefing as to things to do or expected of us.so I got the impression that only three of us among the lots were DV applicants.we sat there about an hour before we were called by the cashier to come and pay our money(ie 3.3 ghana cedis to a dollar). After payment,we were asked to sit again till they called us to submit our documents,which again took us almost an hour before I was being called to window one to submit my documents.
After submission,I was asked to go back and sit.15 minutes later,my family was called at window one and this time for thumb print.All migrant people being called for their turn of interview were being denied and not to talk about non-immigrant.All my prayers by then was to be called at window 5 since our predecessors were saying nice things about the man at window 5 on the forum.
Lo and behold,my name was being mentioned at window three and my husband just inspired me that,God favor is upon us and irrespective of where ever they called us,we are going for it and I felt bold in my spirit that yes,its for us.
we stood at window three before a white consul lady.we were the first DV applicant to be called for the interview,so I realised the other DV colleaque changed their position to know and see how it will go for us.
The main interview:
CO;Good morning
CO;Feeling great
CO;let me begin with your husband by asking him to thumb print with his right hand.
HUSBAND;Oh ok,thanks
HUSBAND;Three months
CO;Which country?
HUSBAND;U.S
ME;Answered
ME;Yes
ME;No
CO;So what do you do
ME;Answered
ME;Answered.
CO;Pulled the green sheets and said,please come for your visa next week friday in the morning.
ME;Yes please
ME;THANKS
So smooth and simple,right?Please,the forum has been very helpful and just dont know what to say especially to the super moderators,but please moderators,from the deepest part of my heart,I say a big thank you to you all because your advise has been very helpful and to my fellow colleagues,I say kudos.

I know my witting is lengthy but please forgive me.just want to give a vivid picture of what really transpired there.
wow. Congra. God is good!

The main interview:
CO;Good morning
CO;Feeling great
HUSBAND;Oh ok,thanks
HUSBAND;Three months
CO;Which country?
HUSBAND;U.S
ME;Answered
ME;Yes
ME;No
CO;So what do you do
ME;Answered
ME;Answered.
ME;Yes please
ME;THANKS

nice naration

Thanks Citizen k,which Airline did you use and can you please advise me as to which airline to go in for with regards to the cheapest fare

I used BA (my brother got it for me so I had no choice) but u can go see the IOM ppl cos I heard they got cheap deals for dv lottery immigrants.

dian3 congratulations. What about the other guy in your neighbourhood? So u didn't even introduce him to this forum? I will partly blame you if this guy got denied... Lol.

dian3 congratulations. What about the other guy in your neighbourhood? So u didn't even introduce him to this forum? I will partly blame you if this guy got denied... Lol.
hmmmm,he is a regular visitor to the forum just that he hasn't sign up his signature but unfortunately,he got denied because he applied with work experience and not education.surprisingly,his job was listed among the Onet site provided by the KCC.HMMM,very sad and still weighing if he has to follow it up with some letters to the embassy as a concern since he felt not treated fairly

The main interview:
CO;Good morning
CO;Feeling great
HUSBAND;Oh ok,thanks
HUSBAND;Three months
CO;Which country?
HUSBAND;U.S
ME;Answered
ME;Yes
ME;No
CO;So what do you do
ME;Answered
ME;Answered.
ME;Yes please
ME;THANKS

Congrats

Sad for your buddy and Congrats to you. did you produce evidence of your marriage with marriage certificates and pictures? what other documents did you equip yourself with?

Last edited: