Income situation

phils_kano

I am an American citizen married to a Filipina and currently living in the Philippines. After two years here I am throwing in the towel and wish to return home with my wife. I know I want to hire professionals to do the paperwork to prevent any mistakes but there is an issue Im concerned will make it pointless and waste of money even trying.

Not thinking ahead; Ive had my online income sources paying to her name here in PI. The only verifiable income I have to show for past couple years is my VA pension which does not qualify since is only 630usd monthly.

My sister offered for us to live with her (since I don't have a current US domicile) and to sponsor my wife. Issue being.. will they count me as a dependent to her finances. If they only count her and my wife she meets the 125% requirement. If going to count us as three it could be an issue.

Im not worried at all about living expenses once there; it is what I can prove on paper currently that will throw in the monkey wrench.

You have to file I-864 for your wife as a sponsor, and your sister will file I-864, too, as a joint sponsor. She will add you and your wife to her family members.
I-864 requires to attach tax returns.