fingerprinted for 10-year GC renewal in March, but still haven't received it?

foureyesimmigra

Registered Users (C)
My 10-year green card is set to expire this year, so I applied to renew it back in February.

I received notice to show up for fingerprinting at the USCIS office in Ralgith, North
Carolina.

They scheduled me for the first week of March. I showed up that day several hours
earlier, but the agent allowed me to get fingerprinted.(just had to wait about an hour
for her to finish processing those who showed up at the correct time) The agent at the
USCIS during fingerprinting put a sticker on my current GC to make it valid until December.

As of today, it's been 4.5 months since the fingerprint date. (5.5 months, if counting
from the date that USCIS received my application and cashed my check)

Is it really taking this long to get a green card renewed these days? The USCIS website
still only shows cases status as this:

"Initial Review
On February ##, 2014, we received the fingerprint fee for this I90 APPLICATION TO
REPLACE ALIEN REGISTRATION CARD. The case is now properly filed and we have
mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case"

Any guesses as to how much longer I need to wait? (best and worst case scenario....
okay, maybe not worst case... :D )

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Hello:

I also applied for 10-year renewal in October 2014. It's been 4 months and still no update. At USCIS website, I mean the case status update also says the same message mentioned above. What is going on? Simple GC renewal takes months now with no updates? No idea what is going on. Should have applied for citizenship and might have received by now.