• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Y
You heard wrong about it "being required in the past and and no longer requested". Regardless of whether one is processing AOS or CP all applicants are required to be able to convince the IO/CO that they will not become a public charge either by showing they have their own personal financial means of supporting themselves or by presenting an affidavit of support.

You claim you've gone through the AOS spreadsheet I posted, you should have noticed the section that dealing with financial requirement or you assume that section is no longer applicable?
Yes I did but I thought that's for those who had a work permitted here not hoe the student visa

Yes now clear I got it, thanks
If I have other things like own house in m home country and I have the contract, is it also can be added with the decouments? I mean with the friend's support.
Great job friends

Y

Yes I did but I thought that's for those who had a work permitted here not hoe the student visa

Those with student visas in particular are those who are often required to present an affidavit of support especially if they're unable to show they have enough savings or earn an income that is above the applicable poverty guideline.

Yes now clear I got it, thanks
If I have other things like own house in m home country and I have the contract, is it also can be added with the decouments? I mean with the friend's support.
Great job friends

The value of your property in your home country will not be considered for AOS, the CO might have considered it if you were processing CP. For a family of 4, you'll need proof of a U.S. income in the sum of roughly $30K - if you're able to show you already have about $40K in savings, then the IO may be fine with not curtly having the required income.

If your friend is able to provide you with an affidavit of support - form I-134 - then that really simplifies things for you. Here's a link for guidance on how much is required based on the number of people in the sponsor's household plus the number of people in the household of the person being sponsored:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

I have an update on the whole SAE situation that I found myself in.
So... last week I went ahead and followed Mom's advice to send my AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox without having my DV fee receipt, however I included a brief explanation along with copies of the receipt section from the original money and copies from the money order inquiry receipt I made at the post office and a page from the USPS website saying my money order had been cashed. Of course, it is too early to know now if they will accept.
Today I finally received a response from KCC about the receipt, and they said it was sent on December 9th and if I do not get it by Jan 9th then I need to supply them with an e-mail address so they can send it electronically. This means they had sent out my receipt after all, even without a SAE.
I hope I won't have any problems with the AOS package now...

...Obviously this evening in the mail I received both the detailed money order inquiry from the USPS showing exactly who and when cashed my money order and the receipt from DOS -.-

Fantastic!

The USCIS case status just updated as follows for our family of 4

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On December 23, 2014, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1491549953, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by January 22, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request your card. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Looks like no USCIS interview for us and instead we get green cards for Christmas

On December 23, 2014, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC1491549953, and will mail it to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by January 22, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request your card. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Looks like no USCIS interview for us and instead we get green cards for Christmas

Nice - Mom mentioned that happens sometimes. Congratulations!

Yippee! Looks like you guys are one of the very lucky few who get their cards without being interviewed. Congratulations. What a fantastic Christmas present that is!!!

Awesome News Hammer67!!! The best christmas gift ever !!!

Congratulations!!! :):)

And it does seem to suggest KCC worked out how to send files - so that could a Christmas present for others too!

And it does seem to suggest KCC worked out how to send files - so that could a Christmas present for others too!
@Britsimon According to the front desk lady at KCC, the delay in sending DS260 was because they were waiting to get approval for their new method of sending files to field office. I don't think it was about finding how to send file. but yes, this is a christmas gift for us.

Hi. May I know how to answer the following question in DS-260 for someone who is on H1B visa in the US already please? ''Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? '' Thanks.

Hi. May I know how to answer the following question in DS-260 for someone who is on H1B visa in the US already please? ''Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor? '' Thanks.

Put yes or no - it won't matter.

I answered NO on our applications, logic being that we are already present and have been certified as part of the H1B

Hammer67, I am thrilled for you…I remember us inboxing back and forth at the beginning of the process-even before the fiscal year-and now this happy ending for your family! I bet you will have a splendid holiday season. Congrats, enjoy your new LPR status!

Hi. This may sound very naive, but I really don't know the answer.

It is optional to file I-765 alongside the adjustment of status application. I am currently on F-1 and am adjusting status since I was selected in DV lottery 2015. So, do I need to file I-765? I always thought that once you get a green card, you are eligible to work for any employer in any field within the US. Is this assumption wrong?

Thanks

Hi. This may sound very naive, but I really don't know the answer.

It is optional to file I-765 alongside the adjustment of status application. I am currently on F-1 and am adjusting status since I was selected in DV lottery 2015. So, do I need to file I-765? I always thought that once you get a green card, you are eligible to work for any employer in any field within the US. Is this assumption wrong?

Thanks
It is optional..people file I765 as it then allows you to work for any employer while you are awaiting the GC to arrive because generally the EAD would arrive first, but having said that, based on previous posts when it comes to AOS based on the DV lottery the time frames are different and the GC process is usually adjudicated within 2-4 months because of the 30 Sep deadline, and EAD processing time is 90 days - so at times your GC can arrive before the EAD or at the same time as the EAD, making it useless as you have the GC in hand. I submitted the I765 application, there was no cost so didn't seem like there was anything to lose by submitting it, if it comes first at least I could use it if I want to work/move employer etc..hope this helps