• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

thanks God -is -Love...case number for fiancé is AF67**. I let her to fill the DS260 form without mentioning my name thinking that it would complicate things to the process...but now, after the interview is scheduled for Jan 05, we both started to regret for not taking a risk and try our luck. she lives abroad and the interview is scheduled there...she wants me to join her to the interview. I'm saying it is too late to unlock the form or go there and make some proof of marriage. I am right. ..right?

So the interview is fifteen days away and you aren't even in the same country - so you would have to move very fast to get married and maybe you could attend the interview - BUT you would also need to have the medical also and so on. So - realistically I doubt all of that can be done in time. What she could do though is discuss the situation and see what the process would be to get you interviewed shortly afterward and get your visa also. It may be complicated, but perhaps you have no choice.

What a pity you didn't ask here earlier.

So the interview is fifteen days away and you aren't even in the same country - so you would have to move very fast to get married and maybe you could attend the interview - BUT you would also need to have the medical also and so on. So - realistically I doubt all of that can be done in time. What she could do though is discuss the situation and see what the process would be to get you interviewed shortly afterward and get your visa also. It may be complicated, but perhaps you have no choice.

What a pity you didn't ask here earlier.
What if they consider rescheduling their appointment by contacting the embassy? It may give them enough time for preparation.
The new appointment date might be around the end of the year, they need to take the risk too.

There is a provision that if they get married after the principal receives the visa but before she enters the US then the spouse can get a visa too. She needs to ask about this at the interview.

What if they consider rescheduling their appointment by contacting the embassy? It may give them enough time for preparation.
The new appointment date might be around the end of the year, they need to take the risk too.

That is riskier. The appointments that were pushed to late in the year last year had no preallocated visas, so some people got their visas some didn't. I would say get the principal selectee visa and bring up the fiancee at that intyerview to get the additional visa process agreed and the appointment scheduled straight away.

thanks God -is -Love...case number for fiancé is AF67**. I let her to fill the DS260 form without mentioning my name thinking that it would complicate things to the process...but now, after the interview is scheduled for Jan 05, we both started to regret for not taking a risk and try our luck. she lives abroad and the interview is scheduled there...she wants me to join her to the interview. I'm saying it is too late to unlock the form or go there and make some proof of marriage. I am right. ..right?

I think it's already too late to include you with an interview that's already scheduled for Jan 5th and in view of the fact that she's getting interviewed in a foreign country where you're not even based. The CO is bound to get highly suspicious of your relationship IMO. She just has to go as scheduled.

Hello guys ! I dont know if something similar has been posted before due to the numerous posts i have missed.well my wife and I lives is separate countries and the interview is planned where she is,(home country), sincerely i am really confused. I cant leave all my duties and spend about $2000 for the interview,i really wonder can my absence influence her interview? If you where in my shoes what will you do providing ?

Hello guys ! I dont know if something similar has been posted before due to the numerous posts i have missed.well my wife and I lives is separate countries and the interview is planned where she is,(home country), sincerely i am really confused. I cant leave all my duties and spend about $2000 for the interview,i really wonder can my absence influence her interview? If you where in my shoes what will you do providing ?

Do you want to be issued with a visa or not? In addition, what's your wife's CN? How long have you guys been married?

What do you plan to do once she has the visa, stay doing your duties and let her go to the US alone?? Don't you what a green card?

What do you plan to do once she has the visa, stay doing your duties and let her go to the US alone?? Don't you what a green card?
Yea thats why i really want to know if i can use the follow to join system and plan then travel so i can get my interview maybe 1 month after hers,but i dont know if possible

Af0022xxx, we have been together for 5yrs

Yea thats why i really want to know if i can use the follow to join system and plan then travel so i can get my interview maybe 1 month after hers,but i dont know if possible

No, you cannot use the FTJ option as it does not work like that. However there is the option of file transfer which you may be able to use. How this works is that your wife as at the PA attends the interview at her home embassy and following her approval, she can request for the embassy to transfer her case file to the U.S. Embassy of the country where you are for them to interview you.

However in you need to be aware there are risks involved with this option, it's not as simple as it sounds. Be aware that your wife's CN may not become current before March 2015 which is the earliest month she can be interviewed since Ethiopia is held back. Of course, not knowing when her DS form was submitted, she might not even get a March interview to start with. Assuming she gets a March interview, there's no guarantee how long it might take them to send the file to the U.S. Embassy of the country where you're at. Also there's no guarantee as to when that embassy is likely to schedule your interview which must take place before the end of the FY and there's no guarantee a visa may still be available by the time they get to interview you as your visa will not be put on reserve.

So you decide which way to go - spend some money upfront and attend the interview with your wife or request a file transfer. Bear in mind if you attend the interview with your wife you do not have to travel to the U.S. immediately with her, you can wait a couple of months after she leaves for the U.S. before you head out, as long as you do so before your visa expires.

No, you cannot use the FTJ option as it does not work like that. However there is the option of file transfer which you may be able to use. How this works is that your wife as at the PA attends the interview at her home embassy and following her approval, she can request for the embassy to transfer her case file to the U.S. Embassy of the country where you are for them to interview you.

However in you need to be aware there are risks involved with this option, it's not as simple as it sounds. Be aware that your wife's CN may not become current before March 2015 which is the earliest month she can be interviewed since Ethiopia is held back. Of course, not knowing when her DS form was submitted, she might not even get a March interview to start with. Assuming she gets a March interview, there's no guarantee how long it might take them to send the file to the U.S. Embassy of the country where you're at. Also there's no guarantee as to when that embassy is likely to schedule your interview which must take place before the end of the FY and there's no guarantee a visa may still be available by the time they get to interview you as your visa will not be put on reserve.

So you decide which way to go - spend some money upfront and attend the interview with your wife or request a file transfer. Bear in mind if you attend the interview with your wife you do not have to travel to the U.S. immediately with her, you can wait a couple of months after she leaves for the U.S. before you head out, as long as you do so before your visa expires.
Thanks for your prompt reply its really something to think about. I wish to ask do we need separate I-134 forms? and is it the only document required from our sponsor?

You can go right back out as soon as you've activated but must be back in the US within a year of leaving.
Thanks for your prompt reply its really something to think about. I wish to ask do we need separate I-134 forms? and is it the only document required from our sponsor?

Only one I134 is needed if you choose to present one it covers the principal selectee and all the derivatives. The I-134 must be accompanied by ID and earning/tax information such as their W2 and 1040.

Only one I134 is needed if you choose to present one it covers the principal selectee and all the derivatives. The I-134 must be accompanied by ID and earning/tax information such as their W2 and 1040.
if we need to have the interview separately,do we need to reserve an I-134 and support docs/person?

if we need to have the interview separately,do we need to reserve an I-134 and support docs/person?

No.

But you really need to think about what you are doing. You have been advised to interview together. You should do that.

On the other hand I suspect you don't really intend living in the USA. The Green Card isn't some super visa. It comes with obligations such as filing tax reports on worldwide income. If you are serious about living in the USA, start listening to the advice and focus on it properly.

It looks like your mind is made up about going the file transfer option. As long as you're aware it's a risky gamble to go this route.

Well, if you're going this route you better prepare like you're the main selectee, except of course prove of selection qualification/eligibility will not be required. Since your wife will not be there with you, I would say yes, you should also get an affidavit that covers both of you. Take a look at the U.S. Embassy of where it is you wish to be interviewed and carefully review what they typically expect DV applicants to present.

We obviously can't compel people to do things the way we will personally do them. The best we can do is provide the necessary information and guidance as best as we know. However don't say you weren't warned at the end of the day.