• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

ok @Sm1smom

But if u c I-134 form on under the bottom of
Oath or Affirmation of Sponsor part

Who is going to sign on this part this part ?

Signature of Officer Administering Oath___________________ Title_________________
If affidavit prepared by other than sponsor, please complete the following: I declare that this document was prepared by me at the request of the sponsor and is based on all information of which I have knowledge.

Not sure where you got that from. The current I-134 form is a 2-page document and there's no such section on it. The Oath/Affirmation of Sponsor on the form has just one signature area which is for the sponsor. Below is a link to the most current I-134 in use:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf

hello there! can anyone tell me if it is possible for a fiancé without any legal paper of proof of being a fiancé but many many evidences of long time relationship to show and present can go to the interview?.... the name of that fiancé is not mentioned in any of the forms submitted to the KCC. thanx

hello there! can anyone tell me if it is possible for a fiancé without any legal paper of proof of being a fiancé but many many evidences of long time relationship to show and present can go to the interview?.... the name of that fiancé is not mentioned in any of the forms submitted to the KCC. thanx

The only way you can proceed and get a visa for your fiancé is to get married (as early as possible and before the interview).

hey @Britsimon , i had a discussion with one of my friend about entry photos , he told me he sent 2014 dv entry photos of his family on dv 2015 because he has only valid photo to try dv 2015 with his laptop during that time, and his wife won with cn af32xxx, but worried about the idea of kcc background checking and dv instruction for photos , does sending the same previous years dv entry photos has anything with z process?
thanks

hey @Britsimon , i had a discussion with one of my friend about entry photos , he told me he sent 2014 dv entry photos of his family on dv 2015 because he has only valid photo to try dv 2015 with his laptop during that time, and his wife won with cn af32xxx, but worried about the idea of kcc background checking and dv instruction for photos , does sending the same previous years dv entry photos has anything with z process?
thanks

Strictly speaking, it is contrary to the instructions. However I doubt it will cause any issue.

Hello Britsimon ,

have the same issue with my fiance . But am so afraid that it would look fishy for me to change my interview location to Ethiopia now - where my girl is , get married there and go for the interview . . . It looks in my case too much of a risk to take even though we are a 'virtually married' couple anyway ... so am thinkin to go for the looong way of bein with her again . . . wht do you think ?

Thanks a lot !

Welcome @syda.
I agree with @Britsimon. As long as you can proof the relationship is not established for green card, you can marry your fiance before your interview date and present the legal marriage document and the evidences of long time relationship when you go for interview. (I advice you to make it soon if you have decided.)
You can unlock your DS260 form and add your "wife" once you get married.
Please tell us your case number.

Last edited:
Hello Britsimon ,

have the same issue with my fiance . But am so afraid that it would look fishy for me to change my interview location to Ethiopia now - where my girl is , get married there and go for the interview . . . It looks in my case too much of a risk to take even though we are a 'virtually married' couple anyway ... so am thinkin to go for the looong way of bein with her again . . . wht do you think ?

Thanks a lot !

There is nothing wrong with getting married to an existing fiance in order to both get Green Cards. What is important is that the Green Card isn't the only reason you got married - in other words it must be a real existing relationship - and obviously - you will need to prove that.

Honestly, I think anyone who decides to go the longer route (sponsoring after entry as an LPR) is making a huge and very silly mistake - usually based on some rubbish they heard from a friend of a friend...

Thank you so very much Britsimon !!!

You are right some guys suggested me so , not to mention my own fear of spoiling this HUGE opportunity . But now , you really have changed my mind . I hope I am not late to do it right .

Would love to hear your say on the status I am in then :-
1) First of, I did n't write her neither in the original entry nor in the DS260 form .
2) Our relationship : - We are engaged one year ago in Addis , a year after she said 'okay' to be mine :) - I asked her to be so 6 months earlier . We have been quite a 'thing' for a year earlier and we know each other long ago too . (Normally we are waiting for us to be together and start our life getting married .)
3) My current interview place is Frankfurt . She lives in Addis .
4) Have some exams to take care in my study in Jan-Feb , possibly in March too . ( Well , I have to compromise if need be )
5) How shall I proceed then ? With the current pace of the case number progress ... when shall I go there , and get married ? Do I need then to open the DS-260 form to update my marital status ?
Can't thank U enough !

Thank you so very much Britsimon !!!

You are right some guys suggested me so , not to mention my own fear of spoiling this HUGE opportunity . But now , you really have changed my mind . I hope I am not late to do it right .

Would love to hear your say on the status I am in then :-
1) First of, I did n't write her neither in the original entry nor in the DS260 form .
2) Our relationship : - We are engaged one year ago in Addis , a year after she said 'okay' to be mine :) - I asked her to be so 6 months earlier . We have been quite a 'thing' for a year earlier and we know each other long ago too . (Normally we are waiting for us to be together and start our life getting married .)
3) My current interview place is Frankfurt . She lives in Addis .
4) Have some exams to take care in my study in Jan-Feb , possibly in March too . ( Well , I have to compromise if need be )
5) How shall I proceed then ? With the current pace of the case number progress ... when shall I go there , and get married ? Do I need then to open the DS-260 form to update my marital status ?
Can't thank U enough !

Ok, read the link below for some info.

I would personally recommend you immediately make a plan to get married and UNLOCK your DS260. The hope being that unlocking the form means they don't schedule the interview too soon. Then you get married, and resubmit the DS260 including the amendments for your spouse. The sooner you do all this the better. Your form is probably processed, but adding a spouse will delay things for a few weeks, so it is important you move quickly to get married as soon as possible.

http://britsimonsays.com/marital-status-getting-married-dv-lottery-process/

Thanks a lot Britsimon , quite informative I should say ! Would be great if anyone with similar experience in US consulate Addis has his/her say . Do you have something to add on the ''non-risky'' case (Scenario 3: Marriage after interview, before entry to the USA, and before the end of the year. ) in addition to the one on the blog ?
Thank you so much !

Thanks a lot Britsimon , quite informative I should say ! Would be great if anyone with similar experience in US consulate Addis has his/her say . Do you have something to add on the ''non-risky'' case (Scenario 3: Marriage after interview, before entry to the USA, and before the end of the year. ) in addition to the one on the blog ?
Thank you so much !

Deliberately doing Scenario 3 is something like going skydiving with a buddy and asking him to jump out the plane with your chute and meeting up with you at about 10,000 foot. Honestly I think that is bound to cause MORE doubt about your relationship...

Really, just keep it simple...

Deliberately doing Scenario 3 is something like going skydiving with a buddy and asking him to jump out the plane with your chute and meeting up with you at about 10,000 foot. Honestly I think that is bound to cause MORE doubt about your relationship...

Really, just keep it simple...

I agree with this - I think it is a more not less risky route.
Honestly I don't understand the problem, it's a long relationship and you can prove it - just unlock the DS and get married.

Welcome @syda.
I agree with @Britsimon. As long as you can proof the relationship is not established for green card, you can marry your fiance before your interview date and present the legal marriage document and the evidences of long time relationship when you go for interview. (I advice you to make it soon if you have decided.)
You can unlock your DS260 form and add your "wife" once you get married.
Please tell us your case number.

thanks God -is -Love...case number for fiancé is AF67**. I let her to fill the DS260 form without mentioning my name thinking that it would complicate things to the process...but now, after the interview is scheduled for Jan 05, we both started to regret for not taking a risk and try our luck. she lives abroad and the interview is scheduled there...she wants me to join her to the interview. I'm saying it is too late to unlock the form or go there and make some proof of marriage. I am right. ..right?