• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I called USCIS to ask about my I-765 since next week it will be almost 75 days since I sent the form with AOS. They contacted the field office and here is the response I got via e-mail:

"Your case is currently under review with an adjudicator. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter."

60 days is too late for me. I wonder why they are taking so long for my EAD. I need it so that I can continue working after my OPT expires in February. I wonder if there is anything I can do for the EAD card to be issed?

You're stressing over nothing, and anyway typical processing time for an EAD application is 3 months, so it's not like your application has been pending for over 90 business days. In addition, the fact that they said a decision might take 60 days does not necessarily mean it will, so calm down. There's nothing you can do but to wait.

I hope so :) I was thinking what would happen if they delay the process too much an loose the FY2015. It seems stupid but do you think that it is possible at all?
I am sure they'll figure it out way before then…we are just anxious to be done and hold our green cards so it seems like torture right now, but it should work out fine hopefully for all of us. Fingers crossed...:)

Are the winners who are doing through CP experience the same delay situation? ?
They've had their share of delays as well in receiving their 2nd letters due to the new electronic system/DS-260. Some had to wait for 4-5 months before receiving their 2nd letter and are interviewing 1-2 months after being current…so yea it's a general situation…all we can do is be patient. It will work itself out ;)

I am sure they'll figure it out way before then…we are just anxious to be done and hold our green cards so it seems like torture right now, but it should work out fine hopefully for all of us. Fingers crossed...:)
All you said is true and I feel exactly the same. I really miss my family back home, want to see them as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for everyone :)

You're stressing over nothing, and anyway typical processing time for an EAD application is 3 months, so it's not like your application has been pending for over 90 business days. In addition, the fact that they said a decision might take 60 days does not necessarily mean it will, so calm down. There's nothing you can do but to wait.

Thanks Sm1smom. The only reason why I am stressed is because I might loose my job if I do not get the EAD card by February. I can see that on average people get the EAD card 2-3 weeks after the they have their bio data taken.

I called today KCC to check if the information they gave me last week is still the same, last week they told me that the OF had requested my file and that it was sent to them, I asked when? and they told me that she can not see when it was sent, now i call today and they told me that my case was request by the FO but they haven't sent anything yet and they don't know when is going to be sent. So now what?? until when are we going to wait? can we be out of the 50000 visa for this year, or everybody even those doing CP after us will have to wait the same amount of time.

I called today KCC to check if the information they gave me last week is still the same, last week they told me that the OF had requested my file and that it was sent to them, I asked when? and they told me that she can not see when it was sent, now i call today and they told me that my case was request by the FO but they haven't sent anything yet and they don't know when is going to be sent. So now what?? until when are we going to wait? can we be out of the 50000 visa for this year, or everybody even those doing CP after us will have to wait the same amount of time.
That is funny, they are treating everyone the same. I think that when you give them too much information then the representative builds on the information and says "Yeah, we have sent your file". The second time I called, I did not tell them anything about my interview. Then the lady had to actually hang on and check something. She told me that we do not know when we are going to send your file to the FO.
I am worried about the 50,000 limit but the admins told me that it is still the beginning of the FY and there should be no worries. I am looking for someone or some department to talk with and ask for a serious solution. But I have no idea who to talk with actually.
I have also read an article about a similar problem with their website in 2008. Finally, DOS announced that there is no need to check with the online system and instructed the consulates to continue with the procedure ignoring the electronic files. It might happen to us as well.

Hello everyone and thanks for your help. is there a link where i can get information about CP( process etc...), Also my number will be current around aug/sept and i want to change from AOS to CP.
when do you think will be the latest time to resubmit my ds-260? i haven't email kcc to ask them to unlock it.
Also, the reason i want to change from AOS to CP is because as F-1 student i worked off campus for a year. So, do you know if they don't check that for CP?
is there anything i should do here in the US before going home for the process?

That is funny, they are treating everyone the same. I think that when you give them too much information then the representative builds on the information and says "Yeah, we have sent your file". The second time I called, I did not tell them anything about my interview. Then the lady had to actually hang on and check something. She told me that we do not know when we are going to send your file to the FO.
I am worried about the 50,000 limit but the admins told me that it is still the beginning of the FY and there should be no worries. I am looking for someone or some department to talk with and ask for a serious solution. But I have no idea who to talk with actually.
I have also read an article about a similar problem with their website in 2008. Finally, DOS announced that there is no need to check with the online system and instructed the consulates to continue with the procedure ignoring the electronic files. It might happen to us as well.
When in 2008 did this happen? What month>

I just hung up from speaking with KCC, happy to report that in my case they have not only processed the file but have been able to release it to USCIS, file was emailed to the USCIS Filed Office yesterday. The agent said that they are working to have all other AOS cases released prior to Christmas, so within the next week.

I just hung up from speaking with KCC, happy to report that in my case they have not only processed the file but have been able to release it to USCIS, file was emailed to the USCIS Filed Office yesterday. The agent said that they are working to have all other AOS cases released prior to Christmas, so within the next week.

Sounds great!!! The log jam should be moving through....

Excellent news! Thanks so much for sharing.

Fantastic!

Here is KCC's answer to my email: "Your file has been requested and is being processed." I do not think that I can
That's great news :) Here is what they have replied to my email:
"Thank you for your inquiry,

Your file has been requested and is being processed.

When inquiring about the status of your case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center is a document processing facility, and cannot advise you on whether or not you will qualify for a visa. Only a consular officer can make that decision."

And let's hope they now what they are talking about this time.:rolleyes:

Just question about the 2nd letter:
Do you you think that because my student visa is expired these days so they are waiting until get the approval for the extention ? Or something wrong in the ds-260?
In the form I told them that my student visa until December 2014 but I'm legally since I applied for extention.
And also I answered no for the question if I had any canceled visa ( it was the embassy printing mistake and they canceled it without prejudice and made a new correct visa for me) or because my number is too high as egypt AF25xxcx so they waiting close to the interview time or mybe these reasons? As I told you before I called and sent email and they said you will receive nothing from us and I have to follow the VB and pay the fees.
Please advise. Thanks

Do you you think that because my student visa is expired these days so they are waiting until get the approval for the extention ? Or something wrong in the ds-260?
In the form I told them that my student visa until December 2014 but I'm legally since I applied for extention.
And also I answered no for the question if I had any canceled visa ( it was the embassy printing mistake and they canceled it without prejudice and made a new correct visa for me) or because my number is too high as egypt AF25xxcx so they waiting close to the interview time or mybe these reasons? As I told you before I called and sent email and they said you will receive nothing from us and I have to follow the VB and pay the fees.
Please advise. Thanks

With regards to the canceled visa I don't think there is any need to worry, by canceled they are asking for a visa which has been revoked, from the State Dept web site http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/glossary.html#C
A stamp a U.S. Embassy or Consulate puts on a visa when there is a mistake in the visa or the visa is a duplicate visa (two of the same kind). It does not affect the validity of other visas in the passport. It does not mean that the passport holder will not get another visa.

I've answered no previously on a number non-immigrant visa applications (L1 and H1) over the past 8 years and had no issue, and have done the same on our DS-260 which has been processed and sent to the USCIS Field Office for adjudication.

Please advise. Thanks

It's been over 4 months since you sent in your DS form, if I correctly remember and you should have received the 2NL by now. Did you ever receive an email similar to this from KCC:

"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

Please note that there are legal restrictions on who may qualify for adjustment of status in the United States, and
that while most adjustment applications are filed with USCIS, aliens in removal proceedings must file their
adjustment applications with the Immigration Court. You must also pay the Diversity Visa (DV) processing fee
before USCIS or the court will act on your adjustment application.

To adjust to legal permanent resident status through the Diversity Visa program, you must file Form I-485 with
your local USCIS Office. However, you must wait until an immigrant visa number is immediately available to
file Form I-485, otherwise your application will be rejected. To see if an immigrant visa number is immediately
available, check the current Department of State Visa Bulletin at
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

You must submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your
place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status. You may apply to USCIS for adjustment of status
from October 1, 2014 until September 30, 2015. DV - 2015 immigrant visa status is only valid through that date."

The above quote is the 2NL applicable to AOSers and it usually comes with an attachment for the DV payment instruction. This is not dependent on whether you're currently out if status or not, KCC does not check people's status before sending the 2NL. Could it have gone into your spam box?