H1b Transfer without travelling to US.

ranideep

Hi,
My employer said, yes it is possible to do H1b transfer without travelling to US.
I am in India right now and I never travelled to US.
I have been working with company A, and A had processed my H1B.
Recently Company B approached and said it is possible to transfer the H1B.
They transferred my H1B and I got the approval notice also.
It is mentioned in several sites that H1B transfer is not possible if I am not travelled. But they did it.
Is the approval which they did is correct?

Also, they are saying that , I need not to get it stamped to go to US. I can directly fligh without new stamping. They are saying the stamping with old company A it self is sufficient. Also, they made me talking with Attorney . They are also telling the same.

Can you please please clearify whether I/they are going in the legal way?
Please help me....

Thanks in advance,
Deep.

H1B Transfer without entering US

Hi Ranideep,

I am in similar situation wherein company who sponsored my H1 is not able to fly for last 9 months. So I am looking at alternatives to do the transfer.

Can you please help to clarif y -

1) How much time did it take for getting transfer approval for company B ?

2) Could you actually enter US using H1B of employer A ?

3) Did you do anything else before you started working using company B sponsored H1B visa ?

Please help to asnwer and that will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

My case also is same as yours.

I entered in to US with employer A visa and Employer B I-797. One more colleague also did same thing.

But, still some people are telling it should not be possible. I don't know what is correct, but I am in US.

H1B transfer before enetring US

Hello Rao,

Thanks for the post. Appreciate it. Frankly it's a moral booster.

I have few queries... could you please answer them -

1) If you are already in US, did you take H1B stamp of employer B in your passport or you are continuing with old H1B visa stamp & new I-797.

2) When Employer B applied for H1B transfer did you have to give original I-797 & other papers from Employer B ?

3) Most importantly, within how much time Employer B was able to get the transfer approval or say new I-797 approval.

Please do reply. That will be really helpful.

Thanks. :)

anilay06 said:
Hello Rao,

Thanks for the post. Appreciate it. Frankly it's a moral booster.

I have few queries... could you please answer them -

1) If you are already in US, did you take H1B stamp of employer B in your passport or you are continuing with old H1B visa stamp & new I-797.

2) When Employer B applied for H1B transfer did you have to give original I-797 & other papers from Employer B ?

3) Most importantly, within how much time Employer B was able to get the transfer approval or say new I-797 approval.

Please do reply. That will be really helpful.

Thanks. :)
1. old H1B stamp (employer A)

2. xerox copy of I-797 of employer A

3. one month time (premium process)

Thanks Rao.

Can you share your experience when you entered US for the first time with company A's H1B stamped in the passport and new I797 approval from company B.

At the port of entry did you have to explain immigration officer that you have old H1B stamped in your passport from company A and then showed new I797 from company B.

The reason I am asking this is - are immigration officers aware of such practice or it is subject to the discretion & interpretation of immigration officer at that point in time.

Can you share what was your experience at port of entry.

Thanks.

H1B Visa Transfer to first time travellers

Hello,

I have valid H1B Visa. Last 5 months my employer don't have projects so my travel is on hold. Is there any process can i approach new employer and get it transferred my Visa to New employer.
Is it legal to do so?
If they do transfer can i travel to US?
Is there any issue at the time of board interview?

Could you please help on my queries.

Note: One employer approached and said they will do transfer.

Thank you in advance..

Thanks,
Sekhar.

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B Visa Transfer to first time travellers

Hello,

I have valid H1B Visa. Last 5 months my employer don't have projects so my travel is on hold. Is there any process can i approach new employer and get it transferred my Visa to New employer.
Is it legal to do so?
If they do transfer can i travel to US?
Is there any issue at the time of board interview?

Could you please help on my queries.

Note: One employer approached and said they will do transfer.

Thank you in advance..

Thanks,
Sekhar.

Hi Sekhar,

Do you able to travel to US with company A stamp and Company B i797. What is the rule if one transfer H1 without entering USA.
Please share ur exp at POE. or if u go to restamp what were the questions asked by VO.

Thanks-

Hi All,

I am also in the same boat .... I got I797 & Visa stamp from Company A & almost 6 months completed no projects.
Planning to change from Company A to Company B.
So I will get new I797 from Company B since they are initiating H1b transfer

Shall I use Company A visa & Company B I797 to travel USA?

Please suggest on this.

Thanks in advance

I have visa stamped with Employer A and traveled to US on same I-797. After that I have changed employer from A to B. I got my I-797 transferred from A to B. Hence My Visa on Passport is showing Employer A and I=797 is showing Employer B. Now I resigned employer B and came back to India. Now new employer C is asking to travel to US with same old documents or asking to go for stamping with new Employer C.

Please suggest me what is the process for transferring I-797 and travelling to US.

Thanks In Advance

Veera