NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hai friends,
My Timelime:
June 6 ,2014 Applied for a PhD Student Visa
June 16 ,2014 Application Transferred to IPB ,Wellington
July 16 ,2014 Initial Assessment Completed and some additional documents requested
July 16 ,2014 Additional Documents Sent
September 24,2014 One more document requested
September 24,2014 Document Sent
October 29,2014 I sent a mail to my Immigration Officer to know about the status
October 30,2014 I got a reply from Immigration Officer stating that my Application is undergoing Third party verification and they are verifying my documents.
November 06,2014 Five months over after submitting my application

I have few doubts:
1) What is normal timeframe when an application is transfered to IPB ?
2) What is this Third party verification and how much time it will take?
3) For how many years are we going to get VISA ie. for 3 years or for 1 year?

Hi.

Answers to your doubts are :

1. Normal timeframe for the approval of VISA from IPB is 5 months. 2 MOnths after allocation of Visa Officer.
2. Third party verification is the verification of your submitted documents which is being performed by their registered Agency. Time requied varies.
3. You might get visa for 1 year or 3 years depending upon the funds in your account. If you get for 1 year also it is easily extendable from NZ.

Hi,

Funds required for PhD are

1. Tution Fees.
2. 15000 NZD per year.
3. 700 NZD approx for Administrative fees+Medical insurance.

Property is never considered in funds.
Thank you for reply...
As i dont have sufficient funds for 3 years. can i submit my application with one year tution fee and one year accommodation.
will they process my application ?

Thank you for reply...
As i dont have sufficient funds for 3 years. can i submit my application with one year tution fee and one year accommodation.
will they process my application ?

As far as i know.. Surely they will not process untill you have sufficient funds.
You can take funds undertaking from any one of your blood relation (Didi, Jiju, Uncle, Aunt, brother sister, Mom & dad, or in-laws).

Hello guys,

I have submitted my file for business management course with FTS system. I need advice. Please help me out.

Details
File submitted on 16th sep 2014
File collected on 17th sep 2014
Visa officer allotted on 14th Oct 2014
Course timeline was 11th Oct 2014
Next intake is 16th Feb 2015

Now the confusion is what is the standard time-frame for this process?

Why they are not replying our mail?

The intake for which I had applied was lapsed already but I have next intake offer letter. Now will they provide visa for Oct. Intake or I can consider it for Feb intake? I had sent mail for laps of my intake n offer for next intake but they didn't reply.

My parents are quite tensed with this long process time, I have applied from STORM educational consultant. But they said that they can't do anything, if I will send emails rapidly then it will effect my visa approval.

Need help....
Thanks in advance.

@Mayank Shrivastava
today I got an email from My case officer and he said that due to loads of the application he will be able to complete my initial assessment in next 2 weeks. So what should I expect, He will send my documents for verification after 2 weeks?
Or he will be the only one who will give the final decision on the application after the initial assessment done. I am in deli-ma... Can you please help me out??
I also wanted to ask, as I observed that many of you applied in the North island of new zealand but I am the applicant of university of canterbury, which is in south island. So, is there any difference in the application processing time for different island?

hello all,
Happy to let you know that my visa has been approved.
Hi ,

Congrats ! Can you tell us how much time it takes after the Visa approval to actually get VISA in hands ? Are you now supposed to send your Passport to NZ immigration ?

It depends upon your university...
After approval, visa officer asked me that university send the updated offer letter and receipt of fees directly to him. And my university send them both on next day and on the same day they gave final approval letter.
Now my passport is with tt services chandigarh which is nearby to me and i think they will send back to me on monday.

Hello friends,
Would it be helpful if you have a priority visa nomination from your University?
I think this was first introduced about a year ago.

Hi,
I am from Egypt. I sent my work visa application (specific purpose or event) to Dubai , it was lodged at 15 December 2014 . They told me they sent it to NZ Wellington IPB, it reached NZ at 7 January 2015. The job offer is to do post-doctor research in Otago University, only for six months, should start 1 March 2015 till 1 September 2015. IPB sent me email confirming that my application reached and waiting for CO allocation. I heard that the NZ visa delays in most cases, Has anyone experience about this type of visa, how much time needed to be finished. If the visa does not finish till the start time (1 March) what could I do, also when the visa accepted will it be for six months from 1 march or legible for 6 months from the day of visa acceptance.

Hi All,

Did anyone recieve any updates or reply . I have had no communication with the immigration officer since december.

Hi Tarun Jain,
I had a reply two days ago. They told me I am in a waiting list for immigration officer and my visa will take 3-6 months to be completed, some occasions take more and some take less. It was a shock to me a Visa for 6 months will take processing 6 months?!!

Hi guys,

Me Syed here (from Pakistan) I have applied for PhD.I want to share my visa application information with future applicants.

My Timelime:

• File Submitted - 8th March 2014
  • Received email file transferred to IPB - 13th March 2014
  • Received email application will be allocated to a case officer within 4-6 weeks - 26th March 2014
  • Additional Documents required - 24th June 2014
  • Additional Documents received by the Visa Officer - 24th july 2014
  • Further Medical Tests requested by the Visa Officer - 11th November 2014
  • Further Medical Tests received by the Visa Officer - 26th November 2014
  • Visa Approved - 5th January 2015 (delayed due to Christmas and New Year Holidays )
Normally time frame 5 to 8 months but in my case Christmas and New Year Holidays.

Actually students from high risk profile countries forward to the IPB.

So don't worry about time (I know very difficult to passed time :) ) also if you have acceptable standard of health, suitable funds and security clearance than 99% your Visa will approved. PhD Students also under Immigration category.

Moreover, what i analyzed from most cases male applicants forward to IPB and female applicants visa approved within 10 to 25 days.

Please checked the link below for the details:

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/govt-taking-years-process-high-risk-immigrants-5305346

My plan in the middle of February take flight.

See you in Auckland ;)

If any information please posted here i will regularly checked the email.

Best Regards and Best of Luck,

Syed

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Me Syed here (from Pakistan) I have applied for PhD.I want to share my visa application information with future applicants.

My Timelime:

• File Submitted - 8th March 2014
  • Received email file transferred to IPB - 13th March 2014
  • Received email application will be allocated to a case officer within 4-6 weeks - 26th March 2014
  • Additional Documents required - 24th June 2014
  • Additional Documents received by the Visa Officer - 24th july 2014
  • Further Medical Tests requested by the Visa Officer - 11th November 2014
  • Further Medical Tests received by the Visa Officer - 26th November 2014
  • Visa Approved - 5th January 2015 (delayed due to Christmas and New Year Holidays )
Normally time frame 5 to 8 months but in my case Christmas and New Year Holidays.

Actually students from high risk profile countries forward to the IPB.

So don't worry about time (I know very difficult to passed time :) ) also if you have acceptable standard of health, suitable funds and security clearance than 99% your Visa will approved. PhD Students also under Immigration category.

Moreover, what i analyzed from most cases male applicants forward to IPB and female applicants visa approved within 10 to 25 days.

Please checked the link below for the details:

My plan in the middle of February take flight.

See you in Auckland ;)

If any information please posted here i will regularly checked the email.

Best Regards and Best of Luck,

Syed

Dear Syed,

Congratulations, for getting your visa and best of luck for your studies abroad. I am Nizam Ud Din from Pakistan. I have got admission in University of Canterbury and submitted my visa application at UAE Branch at 16 Dec 2014. I had to ask you that what kind of additional documents (NICOP, Birth Certificate etc etc) they had requested you to send them...

Secondly, I had to ask, did you provide them any documents related to Residence Plan in New Zealand (i.e address of future residence in New Zealand) or it could be arranged latter.

I shall be looking for your response.
Nizam

Dear Nizam,

Thanks for your response.Actually that depend i send photocopies of Birth certificate and other documents.Visa officer not requested any Residence Plan.

Regards,

Syed

Hi,

I applied for my NZ PhD student visa on 21st January with all of my document and I didn't get any mail from case officer . Today I got my passport back from INZ with visa label stating that my visa has been granted for four years.