eligibility for Naturalization

Hi,
I am a lawful permanent resident of United States since 5 years but i have a period of continuous residence for 3 and a half years i.e. i have stayed around 1300 days in US and have not been out more than 6 months, though i have taken shorter trips than 6 months. I got sponsored through my married daughter. I have heard that once you stay 3.5 years within 5 years of being a lawful resident of US, you are eligible to apply for Naturalization. I wanted to reconfirm this whether i should apply for naturalization or not?

There are 2 requirements for naturalization. You need 30 months (2.5 years) of days of physical presence, which you meet. But you also need 5 years of continuous presence before naturalization. This means in the 5 years before naturalization, you did not stay out of the U.S. for more than 6 months at a time (with some exceptions for trips between 6 months and 1 year). If you have interrupted continuous presence by a trip of more than 6 months, then you need to wait until at least 4 years + 1 day after you come back from that trip before you meet the continuous presence requirement.