I-485 Interview Cancelled? What would cause this

michaelscai

so yesterday I went to USCIS to check case status and was thrilled to see our I-485 interview has been scheduled for January, my wife was happy.

Today, I checked the status a again and saw this, what a bummer, why would something like this happen?

Interview Was Cancelled

On December 17, 2014, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxx and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 16, 2015, please go to ... to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to ...to give us your new mailing address.

Yep. Interviewers are taking vacation days, so some interviews got cancelled. Of course, they should have confirmed the availability of interviewers before scheduling the interview, but this is USCIS -- we can't expect them to do anything forward-thinking and efficient.

so yesterday I went to USCIS to check case status and was thrilled to see our I-485 interview has been scheduled for January, my wife was happy.

Today, I checked the status a again and saw this, what a bummer, why would something like this happen?

Interview Was Cancelled

On December 17, 2014, we cancelled your interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number xxx and mailed you a cancellation notice. We will notify you by mail if the appointment is rescheduled, a decision is made, or if we need something from you. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by January 16, 2015, please go to ... to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to ...to give us your new mailing address.
Hi.. what happen after you receive the notece on the mail. I check the status on Internet and it said the same thing as yours. It would really help me if you could answer me pls.