• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

dear all here is holiday schedule for US EMBASSY I got on their official web site
Holiday Schedule to be Observed in the Year 2014
Date Day Holiday Name Country
January 1 Wednesday New Year's Day American
January 7 Tuesday Christmas Ethiopian
January 13* Monday Birthday of the Prophet Mohammed (MOULID) Ethiopian
January 19 Sunday Epiphany (Timket) Ethiopian
January 20 Monday Martin Luther King's Birthday American
February 17 Monday President’s day American
March 2 Sunday Victory of Adwa Ethiopian
April 18 Friday Good Friday Ethiopian
April 20 Sunday Ethiopian Easter Ethiopian
May 1 Thursday May Day (International Labor Day) Ethiopian
May 5 Monday Patriots' Victory Day Ethiopian
May 26 Monday Memorial Day American
May 28 Wednesday Downfall of the Derg Ethiopian
July 4 Friday Independence Day American
July 28* Monday Eid al-Fitre (End of Ramadan) Ethiopian
September 1 Monday Labor Day American
September 11 Thursday Ethiopian New Year Ethiopian
September 27 Saturday Meskel Ethiopian
October 4* Saturday Eid Al Adaha (Arefa) Ethiopian
October 13 Monday Colombus Day American
November 11 Tuesday Veterans' Day American
November 27 Thursday Thanksgiving Day American
December 25 Thursday Christmas Day American
* Holidays based on the lunar calendar. Dates are subject to change.
her is the link : http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/holidays.html
and embassy is closed during the above holidays
thanks rolex123
this is for 2014 so we will have a different date starting from January 1 2015

nop susie there will be at list a 1 day different from year to year

Jan 7 2014 is Tuesday and jan 7 2015 is Wednesday

Please re read what I wrote. The HOLIDAY will be the same even if the DATE is different. I do actually realise that the calendar changes from year to year :rolleyes:

For example if Ethiopian Christmas was a holiday observed in 2014 it will be a holiday observed in 2015, even if the date is different. I presume you have another source other than the US embassy to find out which date Ethiopian holidays fall on in 2015.

Please re read what I wrote. The HOLIDAY will be the same even if the DATE is different. I do actually realise that the calendar changes from year to year :rolleyes:

For example if Ethiopian Christmas was a holiday observed in 2014 it will be a holiday observed in 2015, even if the date is different. I presume you have another source other than the US embassy to find out which date Ethiopian holidays fall on in 2015.
so in that case there will not be an interview on
Jan 7 Wednesday

this is for 2014 so we will have a different date starting from January 1 2015
no zgreat the holiday list they post as 2014 since we did not start 2015, and if u check some of the dates with that of our's it absoulutely fits , for example our x-mass it is will b on Tassas 29, which is January 7 of the holiday list posted on the official site. I think zgreat this holiday list is definitely for based on our's calendar 2007.

nop susie there will be at list a 1 day different from year to year

Jan 7 2014 is Tuesday and jan 7 2015 is Wednesday
by the way zgreat by chance or coincidence if u check
2014 jan 7 ( last year) and
2015 jan 7( next year after one month) both r our x-mass day , I was expecting one day back last year.
anyways we both agree there will b no work during holiday, but my worry how will our mate can change their interview schedule if it is holiday? needs real experience input.

dear Rolex,
My interview date is on Jan. 7 which is Wednesday.
feth , u should communicate with the embassy if they can shift your interview because it is officially closed day since it is our holiday. But we need to find someone who has got the same experience before.

So we have here two guys, @ayanag and @feth, scheduled on January 7 which falls on ethiopian Christmas. There might also be other guys scheduled on ethiopian epiphany, Monday January 19.
First, i wonder why @ayanag is scheduled at 12:00pm while we have seen all previous experiences (like @MB1xxx) appointed at 8:00am. That went to the embassy two times. I'm not surest about @feth's appointment time. Please share us.
Finally, I advice those who are scheduled on ethiopian Christmas and epiphany to call/email the embassy and check their appointment status.

Last edited:
no zgreat the holiday list they post as 2014 since we did not start 2015, and if u check some of the dates with that of our's it absoulutely fits , for example our x-mass it is will b on Tassas 29, which is January 7 of the holiday list posted on the official site. I think zgreat this holiday list is definitely for based on our's calendar 2007.
Dear @rolex123, I tried to check three calendars from different sources. All confirmed that January 7 is ethiopian Christmas. I think 2015 holiday list won't change anything about ethiopian Christmas day.

So we have here two guys, @ayanag and @feth, scheduled on January 7 which falls on ethiopian Christmas. There might also be other guys scheduled on ethiopian epiphany, Monday January 19.
First, i wonder why @ayanag is scheduled at 12:00pm while we have seen all previous experiences (like @MB1xxx) appointed at 8:00am. That went to the embassy two times. I'm not surest about @feth's appointment time. Please share us.
Finally, I advice those who are scheduled on ethiopian Christmas and epiphany to call/email the embassy and check their appointment status.
yap gil, my idea is also to request clarification about their interview date rescheduling? but is it KCC who can reschedule or embassy ? I couldn't able to google any experience like such coincidence on the internet and how did they mange to change their schedule .

yap gil, my idea is also to request clarification about their interview date rescheduling? but is it KCC who can reschedule or embassy ? I couldn't able to google any experience like such coincidence on the internet and how did they mange to change their schedule .

Guys, what I think regarding interview reschedule is we need to contact the embassy not KCC. I think the documents are already out of KCC and given to embassy.So what Feth and other person who will have interview on Ethiopian holiday should contact USA embassy in Addis. That is what I would do.

Guys, what I think regarding interview reschedule is we need to contact the embassy not KCC. I think the documents are already out of KCC and given to embassy.So what Feth and other person who will have interview on Ethiopian holiday should contact USA embassy in Addis. That is what I would do.
I agree with you @Fikir12