• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

moderators,please kindly advice me on this since I dont want to be put on AP or encounter any delay.my husband who is accompanying me(principal) has been to the US on four occassions for summer work program and each time,he spent only three months there.in this wise,does he need to apply for police report from the US?
My last born,less than two years old had an omission alphabet in his name,eg Godfred has being spelt Godfre during the edv entry but has been corrected on the ds form.can that be a problem since all other documents of his bear the name Godfred?thanks

moderators,please kindly advice me on this since I dont want to be put on AP or encounter any delay.my husband who is accompanying me(principal) has been to the US on four occassions for summer work program and each time,he spent only three months there.in this wise,does he need to apply for police report from the US?
My last born,less than two years old had an omission alphabet in his name,eg Godfred has being spelt Godfre during the edv entry but has been corrected on the ds form.can that be a problem since all other documents of his bear the name Godfred?thanks
let me try answer your question before the moderator comes in, it states that
Police certificates are required for each visa application aged 16 years or older. A separate certificate is required from the police of each country in which the applicant has lived for twelve months or more after the age of 16; the period is six months if country of birth or current nationality. This certificate must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area or country and state what the appropriate police authorities’ records show concerning each applicant including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

for the name omission, i think there is no need to worried.

You don't need police certificates from the US (at all for DV - DV applicants are all put the fbi database as a matter of course).

Your husband doesn't need a PCC from the US, KCC will be conducting a background check on everyone to be interviewed.

No need to worry about the missing letter from your son's name on the eDV entry, it's a minor error which you've already rectified on the DS form. Of course he's still likely to be listed on the interview letter exactly as the name was written on the eDV application, you just have to make sure to ask the CO to make the correction at the time of the interview so that his name will be correctly spelt on his GC when it gets issued.

let me try answer your question before the moderator comes in, it states that
Police certificates are required for each visa application aged 16 years or older. A separate certificate is required from the police of each country in which the applicant has lived for twelve months or more after the age of 16; the period is six months if country of birth or current nationality. This certificate must cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area or country and state what the appropriate police authorities’ records show concerning each applicant including all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.

for the name omission, i think there is no need to worried.

The OP does not need a PCC from the US regardless of what is stated on the website.

meaning the statement does not apply to them who lived in usa for the 6month or more right?

No one is going to be asked for police certificates for the USA no matter how long they lived there, because that information is already made available through inter agency co-operation.

only 26 days bro. It is faster than i expected.
Have you been working as @Simon from Kenya recommended? Or just waiting for your GC?

nope.. as soon as my SSN arrived I started applying for jobs online. I wz scheduled for an interview (2 weeks ago) and my starting date is next week. The company needed time to do a proper background checks and also during the process they made me undergo a random drug test. Point is, the company I applied it took a while to do all those necessary checks (which is the standard requirement) It might be different elsewhere. So basically, u don't need to wait for your Green Card to start working