• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Thank goodness @OC_EMS I am so pleased for you!! I checked the forum a few times during the night like Emily- I was worried about you!! You must have been so tired from the lack of night sleep before and the stress of the day. Sounds like you got grilled compared to us, glad you stood your ground with confidence (the key!). Excellent result and well deserved!

Hi AimLK, I just received an email from the consulate saying that they forgot to retain the copies of my work experience and o*net.

Just wondering if they kept the copies of your employment and O*Net?

Now my status has gone from approved to pending jeeeeeeeeeeeez!

Last edited:
It's bloody awful. Walked past the local oval and the kids were in training. They looked both shattered and scared, as did their coaches. You expect people to get hurt in games like AFL and rugby (whether it be union or league). Cricket is always seen as more genteel... and then this happens.

Totally Susie. That poor kid.

Sometimes I forget you're from SA originally and know about cricket. :)

Love the game, one of my biggest worries about moving to the US is getting televised cricket! Our local cricket channel was pretty much all about Hughes yesterday.

Sometimes I'm impressed that any non Brits know about cricket.

<<Puts on flame retardant suit.>>

The England cricket team would generally be a few players short if Saffers didn't know about cricket ;)

There is a brilliant meme somewhere from a few years ago. I can't remember it exactly but 4 pics, Federer with the Wimbledon trophy, the springboks with World Cup rugby trophy, the Aussies or Indians with the World Cup cricket trophy, and the Spanish with the football world cup. The caption was: The British: Sh*t at every sport they ever invented.

The England cricket team would generally be a few players short if Saffers didn't know about cricket ;)

There is a brilliant meme somewhere from a few years ago. I can't remember it exactly but 4 pics, Federer with the Wimbledon trophy, the springboks with World Cup rugby trophy, the Aussies or Indians with the World Cup cricket trophy, and the Spanish with the football world cup. The caption was: The British: Sh*t at every sport they ever invented.

lol

Hi AimLK, I just received an email from the consulate saying that they forgot to retain the copies of my work experience and o*net.

Just wondering if they kept the copies of your employment and O*Net?

Now my status has gone from approved to pending jeeeeeeeeeeeez!
WHAT?!?!?! They gave ours back to us too - but worse still they gave us back our certified birth certificates with the passport pics attached and retained some originals too. We went the to the consulate today to drop them in and was advised that posted docs are only taken...

Did they just request that you post the docs?

Can you please advise where you were logging into to check the status...I have tried the CEAC status check website and its saying invalid number???

Love the game, one of my biggest worries about moving to the US is getting televised cricket!

Dishworld* has all the international cricket + lots of other international sport for $9 a month.

https://www.dishworld.com/packages/sports

If you like soccer they have live Australian A-League, UEFA Champions League, some EPL, Brazilian Copa etc. You can watch it using a tiny Roku box (similar to Apple TV) but Samsung TV, Android and iPhone apps are all available.

* Not to be confused with Dish Network the cable tv company. You can use this with other providers.

Hello all and congratulations to all those who have been successful so far. I am still a little way off knowing if I will have an interview or not, but have a couple of questions. Did those of you who have had interviews show any proof of finances? Also, in terms of being asked in the interview when you plan to move to the US would it be a problem saying that I intend to activate the greencard within six months and then finish off a work contract then move to the states within a year? Or is it better to just say I will move within six months?