• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

@ZGREAT is right.
Just to add some, your sponsor will download the form, fill the data on computer, print, sign and send it to you through postal service. Your sponsor should also include copies of passport (if a citizen) or LPR document and W2 (tax information). Then you will have it when you go to your interview.
Note that you are not expected to show the CO unless you are asked for to.
in deed it is the sponsor abroad who download and fill the form, don't the sponsor expected to notarize the document (the AoS) before sending it to us?

though it is not our culture to celebrate thanks giving ; I assume it is a very blessed idea to have one

so my beloved forum mates

HAPPY THANKS GIVING !!
Let's all thank the almighty for all the blessings in our life !!!
Amen

Hi every buddy i have already received 2nd nl , scheduled for January. now am studying at hawassa university (4th yr) and is that mandatory to authenticate my grade report, which are six in number(paper). Also how can i bring the following and their degree of obligation :

· DHL registration confirmation page print out

· Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial)

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any

Hi every buddy i have already received 2nd nl , scheduled for January. now am studying at hawassa university (4th yr) and is that mandatory to authenticate my grade report, which are six in number(paper). Also how can i bring the following and their degree of obligation :

· DHL registration confirmation page print out

· Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial)

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any
hello mikder welcome

you should ask your university to write you a support letter to the embassy stating that you are there student

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/niv/information/courier
yes DHL service is mandatory !! Go to the above site

AOS is a good backup for your case so try to have It

bank statement is not necessary in your case since you are a student

Thank you Rolex. It is very helpful. Does zat mean we will come back in z afternoon for interview. Thanks
Yap u should b at embassy gate around 11:30am (5:30LT) and finalize everything in the afternoon, good luck

Last edited:
hello mikder welcome

you should ask your university to write you a support letter to the embassy stating that you are there student

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-et/niv/information/courier
yes DHL service is mandatory !! Go to the above site

AOS is a good backup for your case so try to have It

bank statement is not necessary in your case since you are a student
Dear Z great , I think we have already discussed abt grade report authentication , as far as I knew none of Ethiopian university authenticates grade report , only original student copy is available and that's is only needed during the interview .

rolex123

you will submit it at the interview and your sponsor in us will fill it and send it to you
don't forget it has a validity period , I mean the time first signed and the time you showed to the interview should not more than six months

are you sure @rolex123 because we have never heared of that before , all DV applicants will have to go in the morning and go back in the afternoon ??
That is what i am concerned about. Actually I got answer from from britsimon that 12:00 is local mid day noon time. But the two times trip of morning and afternoon to the embassy is not clear yet. Already interviewed guys may help here. What time is written on your letter?

are you sure @rolex123 because we have never heared of that before , all DV applicants will have to go in the morning and go back in the afternoon ??
you r right zgreat I am checking something, but he can check with this telephone,
0111242435 US embassy addis abeba information desk ,
he can cross check and confirm about it.

That is what i am concerned about. Actually I got answer from from britsimon that 12:00 is local mid day noon time. But the two times trip of morning and afternoon to the embassy is not clear yet. Already interviewed guys may help here. What time is written on your letter?
ayanag pls check with this telephone 0111242435 US embassy addis abeba information desk

Hi Ayanag, our apointement was at 8:00am. We submitted our documents in the morning and returned in the afternoon for the interview.
I suggest that you avoid confusions and go to the embassy at the time you are given on 2NL. Leave the rest for the embassy...

Hi everyone. One good news. I got my 2NL. But the appointment time is 12pm. What does it mean?is zat lunch time? Z other forummates said zey went zere in z morning 2 submit there documents n in z afternoon 4 interview. What do you think?
The 2nd question is - do zey work on Ethiopian Christmas =gena?
Thanks

Ya Lunch time kekenu sidest congra, besides yes they will work on Ethiopian x- mass day good luck bro!

Dear @ayanag and @rolex123, the official page if US embassy stated that the embassy is closed for certain Ethiopian and American public holidays. You should call the embassy to ask information if you are scheduled on ethiopian Christmas or ethiopian epiphany.
I'm not sure about the timing.

`
Dear @ayanag and @rolex123, the official page if US embassy stated that the embassy is closed for certain Ethiopian and American public holidays. You should call the embassy to ask information if you are scheduled on ethiopian Christmas or ethiopian epiphany.
ya GIL, btw addis abeba US embassy can respond any request with this address or email please @ayanag u can request what ever you want to ask mentioning ur case no tru mail, they can respond right away.

' If you need additional information, you may

 Send a fax to 251-1-242435

E-mail at consaddis@state.gov

When communicating with our office either by telephone or by mail you must always refer to the applicant’s full name and case number
. '

yes I got something
Dear @ayanag I got something from us emabssay addis abeba official web site it says :
working hours
Monday to Thursday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Friday 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
Embassy is closed on Ethiopian & American Holidays.
her is the link : http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/about-us/working-hours.html

dear all here is holiday schedule for US EMBASSY I got on their official web site
Holiday Schedule to be Observed in the Year 2014
Date Day Holiday Name Country
January 1 Wednesday New Year's Day American
January 7 Tuesday Christmas Ethiopian
January 13* Monday Birthday of the Prophet Mohammed (MOULID) Ethiopian
January 19 Sunday Epiphany (Timket) Ethiopian
January 20 Monday Martin Luther King's Birthday American
February 17 Monday President’s day American
March 2 Sunday Victory of Adwa Ethiopian
April 18 Friday Good Friday Ethiopian
April 20 Sunday Ethiopian Easter Ethiopian
May 1 Thursday May Day (International Labor Day) Ethiopian
May 5 Monday Patriots' Victory Day Ethiopian
May 26 Monday Memorial Day American
May 28 Wednesday Downfall of the Derg Ethiopian
July 4 Friday Independence Day American
July 28* Monday Eid al-Fitre (End of Ramadan) Ethiopian
September 1 Monday Labor Day American
September 11 Thursday Ethiopian New Year Ethiopian
September 27 Saturday Meskel Ethiopian
October 4* Saturday Eid Al Adaha (Arefa) Ethiopian
October 13 Monday Colombus Day American
November 11 Tuesday Veterans' Day American
November 27 Thursday Thanksgiving Day American
December 25 Thursday Christmas Day American
* Holidays based on the lunar calendar. Dates are subject to change.
her is the link : http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/holidays.html
and embassy is closed during the above holidays
thanks rolex123