• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Here is the list of required documents.

A) For principal applicant

· Passport (with at least six months validation since the expected date of visa approval)

· High School Transcript 9 -12th grade (authenticated)

· National Exam Certificate/s, ESLCE for old curriculum or 10th and 12th national exam results for new curriculum (all authenticated) .......
or work experience

· Birth certificate (authenticated)

· Marriage certificate, if any (authenticated)

· Police certificate (original)

· Police certificate from abroad, if applicable (original)

· Medical certificate (original)

· Kebele ID, renewed

· First selection notification letter

· Second notification letter (2NL)

· DHL registration confirmation page print out

· Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial)

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any

· Two Photos of size 5x5

· 330 USD

B) For derivatives

· Passport (with at least six months validation since the expected date of visa approval)

· Kebele ID, renewed

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any (to be added to the principal applicant)

· Two Photos of size 5x5

· 330 USD

All documents except police and medical certificates should be accompanied by copies.

Anybody can add if there is any missing document i haven't listed here

Dear ALL
staring page one this forum i follow every day post that is important for all of us nice to see you all .

i need have question
1.Document copy means not neccesary authniticate the copy or need copy outhentication in addition to orginal authenticaion ?
2. Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial) i dont understand this point could you please give example?
3 Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any peronal asset means principal asset or the host asset ?

Dear ALL
staring page one this forum i follow every day post that is important for all of us nice to see you all .

i need have question
1.Document copy means not neccesary authniticate the copy or need copy outhentication in addition to orginal authenticaion ?
2. Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial) i dont understand this point could you please give example?
3 Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any peronal asset means principal asset or the host asset ?
hey ede welcome !! glad you finally decided to join ...Our family is growing every day !!

1) photocopy of documents means you will take the orginal along with its copy : you will copy both the front and the back for authenticated documents *
2) if you have a family whom you have added as a beneficiary on the EDv entry , you will be providing AOS not only for you as a principal applicant but for all the family members ( so you will include the family members while the AOS is filled by the sponsor )
3 ) bank statement and personal assets which belong to you are a good back up incase you are asked about how you will deal with the settlement and trip expenses
p. s : can you tell us you case number and form submission date

Dear ALL

i need have question
Welcome ede.
To answer your questions
1. You don't need to authenticate/certify copied documents. The authentication is done on original documents, and you will make a copy of it.
2. The need of Affidavit of support is to show that you won't be a public charge ('yehager shekim endemibalew ezih') when you enter to USA. Your sponsor can make it. It should be written for principal applicant (the winner) and derivatives (spouses and children, if any) will be included in the same form as your beneficiaries. You can download the pdf format and see the details. Search Google by typing i-134 pdf format.(sorry i couldn't post the link here because I'm on mobile)
I said it is controversial only because some people said it is must to present it at interview time, but others said it is not mandatory. I personally advice you to have it.
3. The other way to proof you won't be a public charge is to show the CO that you can support yourself as you enter USA. You can show your bank account (you can including your spouse's in addition), your personal asset (like 'libre' for your car and/or 'carta' for your house, if any) or combination of the two.

hey ede welcome !! glad you finally decided to join ...Our family is growing every day !!

1) photocopy of documents means you will take the orginal along with its copy : you will copy both the front and the back for authenticated documents *
2) if you have a family whom you have added as a beneficiary on the EDv entry , you will be providing AOS not only for you as a principal applicant but for all the family members ( so you will include the family members while the AOS is filled by the sponsor )
3 ) bank statement and personal assets which belong to you are a good back up incase you are asked about how you will deal with the settlement and trip expenses
p. s : can you tell us you case number and form submission date
Exactly dear @ZGREAT.

Welcome ede.
To answer your questions
1. You don't need to authenticate/certify copied documents. The authentication is done on original documents, and you will make a copy of it.
2. The need of Affidavit of support is to show that you won't be a public charge ('yehager shekim endemibalew ezih') when you enter to USA. Your sponsor can make it. It should be written for principal applicant (the winner) and derivatives (spouses and children, if any) will be included in the same form as your beneficiaries. You can download the pdf format and see the details. Search Google by typing i-134 pdf format.(sorry i couldn't post the link here because I'm on mobile)
I said it is controversial only because some people said it is must to present it at interview time, but others said it is not mandatory. I personally advice you to have it.
3. The other way to proof you won't be a public charge is to show the CO that you can support yourself as you enter USA. You can show your bank account (you can including your spouse's in addition), your personal asset (like 'libre' for your car and/or 'carta' for your house, if any) or combination of the two.
Hi God -is -love
i have question that is when we submit the i-134? and who fill it ?

Hi God -is -love
i have question that is when we submit the i-134? and who fill it ?
@ZGREAT is right.
Just to add some, your sponsor will download the form, fill the data on computer, print, sign and send it to you through postal service. Your sponsor should also include copies of passport (if a citizen) or LPR document and W2 (tax information). Then you will have it when you go to your interview.
Note that you are not expected to show the CO unless you are asked for to.

@ZGREAT is right.
Just to add some, your sponsor will download the form, fill the data on computer, print, sign and send it to you through postal service. Your sponsor should also include copies of passport (if a citizen) or LPR document and W2 (tax information). Then you will have it when you go to your interview.
Note that you are not expected to show the CO unless you are asked for to.
well said madam

Here is the list of required documents.

A) For principal applicant

· High School Transcript 9 -12th grade (authenticated)

· National Exam Certificate/s, ESLCE for old curriculum or 10th and 12th national exam results for new curriculum (all authenticated) .......
or work experience

· Kebele ID, renewed

· Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial)

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any

· Two Photos of size 5x5

· 330 USD

B) For derivatives

· Kebele ID, renewed

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any (to be added to the principal applicant)

· Two Photos of size 5x5

· 330 USD

All documents except police and medical certificates should be accompanied by copies.

Anybody can add if there is any missing document i haven't listed here

Hi guys. I want to update the information about the validation period of passports for principal applicant and derivatives.

· Your Passport should have at least six months of validation period since the intended date of ENTRY to USA. (not from the date of visa approval). Thanks.

This forum has been a great help. My question is regarding medical process....what kind of certificate do the hospitals give you

This forum has been a great help. My question is regarding medical process....what kind of certificate do the hospitals give you
We don't know the details because hospitals send your medical document directly to the embassy. They give you only a piece of paper that confirms you finished the test on the final day. I did this test with my family at st. Yared Hospital (Lamberet).

Welcome GodisGreat.
Can you update your information please? Tell us your case number by replacing the last three digits by '*' (like AF11***) and the date you submitted DS260, so that we may estimate the date of interview. It helps you to prepare yourself in anyway.

Welcome GodisGreat.
Can you update your information please? Tell us your case number by replacing the last three digits by '*' (like AF11***) and the date you submitted DS260, so that we may estimate the date of interview. It helps you to prepare yourself in anyway.
Thank you everyone...my interview is for dec 1. I have done almost everything but I have lost the slip of the medical process they give at the end. Do they ask that piece of paper at the embassy.

By the way my case num is 3 digit number by itself.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone...my interview is for dec 1. I have done almost everything but I have lost the slip of the medical process they give at the end. Do they ask that piece of paper at the embassy.

By the way my case num is 3 digit number by itself.
That's great. You will bring us the good news.
By the way, what if you ask copy of the slip you lost from the medical center you had attended?
I'm not sure the embassy needs it. But you better have it.