• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

yes not married to her, but my daughter is only 1 year, l can not travel with her

There is not a problem with including your daughter if born after DV entry or excluding your wife. You will need a copy of custody documents or other permission to take her however if you want a visa for her.

Am confused a bit, almost 4yrs l left UK to Ghana and l still need UK police records

Any country you have lived in for 12 months or more (or 6 months if current country of residence) requires a polcie certificate. If you are confused then you please need to re-read the instructions on the dvselectee website (link from your selection letter) to ensure that you have understood all the requirements, so that you don't end up on AP.

yes not married to her, but my daughter is only 1 year, l can not travel with her

You keep revealing details and issues bit by bit - and it is all starting to sound risky. In order to save yourself some hassle and costs you need to be very clear and honest, right now.

Did you do the entry yourself or did an agent do it for you?
Was your daughter born before the date of your entry (i.e. is her date of birth before October 2013 or after)?
Did you enter your daughters details on the eDV entry?
What did you enter for marital status (single or married)?
Were your photos of you and meeting the requirements?

Thank God Our(My wife and two girls) case was approved and has been asked to pick our passports with Visas on the 3rd of Dec. Our case probably might be the shortest. The CO in Window 5 a man confirmed that it was the quantity of pictures I sent to the embassy that did the trick for me. The CO confessed that they spent half an hour just to look at my beautiful wedding and family pictures and based on that they approved of our case before they called us to the window. Secret is the lord. Our interview was just to confirm our names to the CO.Thats it.
Congratulations, but u kept us in suspense for long. Some of us couldn't sleep well.
This family is really be coming part and parcel of me. I can't do without checking on my DV families just a day.

l did it myself, my daughter was not born by then, and am divorce. that is what l wrote on my eDV entry which l have the certificate to that effect. l had my daughter on November, 2013

l did it myself, my daughter was not born by then, and am divorce. that is what l wrote on my eDV entry which l have the certificate to that effect. l had my daughter on November, 2013

That is all good - I am relieved.

Ok, so you were right to not include your daughter on the eDV, but now you have included her on the DS260. Doing so is applying for a Green Card for her, saying that she will be a permanent US resident. Since her mother is not applying, that means you are bound to be asked about custody for the child. You will need documentation for that. In reality they are bound to be skeptical that the child's mother is happy for you to take her baby to the USA and she stays behind. If the plan is for you to sponsor the mother later, you are being foolish not doing that now.

That is all good - I am relieved.

Ok, so you were right to not include your daughter on the eDV, but now you have included her on the DS260. Doing so is applying for a Green Card for her, saying that she will be a permanent US resident. Since her mother is not applying, that means you are bound to be asked about custody for the child. You will need documentation for that. In reality they are bound to be skeptical that the child's mother is happy for you to take her baby to the USA and she stays behind. If the plan is for you to sponsor the mother later, you are being foolish not doing that now.

He has to list her as a child on the DS even if she is not going with though...

True - lists her on his, but not fill in a 260 for her (if she was not going)- is that right?

Yes that's right, and I got the impression that's what he did - listed the daughter on his own DS form, not that he submitted a separate DS form for the daughter.

Congratulation. Very soon in Jesus Name.
l had my daughter after the DV entries and included her on my DS-260 excluding the mother,
things could not work between

will that be a problem

I don't think he needs to worry about custody documentation at the time of the interview, he's not planning on traveling with her

By acknowledging and listing her on his own DS form, he's able to sponsor her in the future if that is the plan.

Yes that's right, and I got the impression that's what he did - listed the daughter on his own DS form, not that he submitted a separate DS form for the daughter.

I don't think he needs to worry about custody documentation at the time of the interview, he's not planning on traveling with her

By acknowledging and listing her on his own DS form, he's able to sponsor her in the future if that is the plan.

Ahh yes - I can see what you're saying - and I am sure that must be the plan....

That shouldnt be an eye opener as you would have seen the regulars advising to take photos in cases of doubt over marriage documentation/dates etc.
so u mean there was no need for that stuff (fotos)?
if he was married to her and had a marriage certificate, why was the need for fotos if it wasnt the woman who was filing for her to join her or vise versa

so u mean there was no need for that stuff (fotos)?
if he was married to her and had a marriage certificate, why was the need for fotos if it wasnt the woman who was filing for her to join her or vise versa

As he said, the photos helped reassure the CO that they were a real family, which I'm sure helped on a human level.

However other cases will need photos and other evidence to prove a recent marriage is genuine...

As he said, the photos helped reassure the CO that they were a real family, which I'm sure helped on a human level.

However other cases will need photos and other evidence to prove a recent marriage is genuine...
@Britsimon, what do you mean by recent marriage? i got married in 2011. my first baby born two days after the edv submission and the twins born 10 days before our interview date(rescheduled). in my class will you suggest anything more than photos since all my kids were not on the edv?

@Britsimon, what do you mean by recent marriage? i got married in 2011. my first baby born two days after the edv submission and the twins born 10 days before our interview date(rescheduled). in my class will you suggest anything more than photos since all my kids were not on the edv?

So yours is clearly not a fraudulent marriage, and not what I would class as recent. Recent would mean marriages after eDV submission and especially those after selection.

So yours is clearly not a fraudulent marriage, and not what I would class as recent. Recent would mean marriages after eDV submission and especially those after selection.
thanks for your quick response. for the kids, photos should be enough?

For your kids, you should present their birth certificates, on which the names of parents are listed clearly.
You also need to have passports too for your kids.