• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I think yes. They fix cut off numbers once a month and send emails(2NLs) once per month.

I think they send the 2NLs over a few days though, it won't be spread all through the month but it will be longer than just one day ...judging by previous reports. So "once a month" is right but that is not necessarily all at once, if that makes sense!

dear Britsimon/Susie
sorry to repeat my question again, but i'm wondering when my interview will probably be
as you all mentioned it will take 3months from the date of sending ds-260 to process the docs
i also called kcc told is under process but still have not received my second letter !!!!
do you have any opinion?

2015AS000010xx
ds-260 sent in aug.
was current for oct.

appreciate any opinion
:( :( /laleh

If it's still under process then they haven't finished dealing with it yet... You will probably have to wait for the next round.

Hey guys, my friend was interviewed 3 days ago. He told me that the interview was simple but at the end the CO asked him about bank statement. Does any one have an idea if the bank statement is a basic requirement or not.
Most of the times COs do not ask for it. But, if the CO thinks the winner may not be able to support himself/herself when he/she enter USA(becomes public charge), affidavit of support (from host) or financial capacity of the winner might be asked. Bank statement is one among these documents. So your friend can present
1 - affidavit of support from host
2 - bank statement
3 - personal asset, or
4 - combination of the three

So, After finishing the last sending 2SL ,I think so the KCC still make low current in next bulletin for ASIA! maximum 500 extra! 3750 :cool:

Last edited:
hey guys, I called KCC yesterday and they told me that my the processing of our DS-260 was finished on 6th Nov. so we will not have a January interview but will be scheduled for February!! (AF00058xx current since Oct. DS-260 submitted 7th Jul.) Tough luck huh!! Actually my concern is that my wife (who is the main applicant) is pregnant and we are expecting the baby to come first week of Feb and we are not doing the interview in our country but in another country as our US embassy is not dealing with IV. How do I deal with that if the baby was born in a short time prior to the interview? do I ask KCC to re-open my DS-260 and add the new born? will that affect the interview date? Or do I ask the embassy to re-schedule my interview? (Cairo embassy) is it easy to re-schedule or they might push me for another far date?
Please advise :)

hey guys, I called KCC yesterday and they told me that my the processing of our DS-260 was finished on 6th Nov. so we will not have a January interview but will be scheduled for February!! (AF00058xx current since Oct. DS-260 submitted 7th Jul.) Tough luck huh!! Actually my concern is that my wife (who is the main applicant) is pregnant and we are expecting the baby to come first week of Feb and we are not doing the interview in our country but in another country as our US embassy is not dealing with IV. How do I deal with that if the baby was born in a short time prior to the interview? do I ask KCC to re-open my DS-260 and add the new born? will that affect the interview date? Or do I ask the embassy to re-schedule my interview? (Cairo embassy) is it easy to re-schedule or they might push me for another far date?

1. Do not reschedule.
2. If the baby arrives early enough you might be able to add the child on the DS260, however, take the child to the interview whether or not you added him/her.
3. As soon as the baby is born, obtain the birth cert and passport. You might want to obtain an additional original copy of the birth cert if that needs to be sent away to get the passport. You will need both docs at the interview BUT even if you can't get them in time, attend the interview and they would ask you to supply the docs as soon as you have them.

Excellent advice from B.Simon. my two cents worth of additional advice. As soon as you get your 2nl, evaluate how close the interview will be to the birth of your child. be sure to e- mail your embassy before and after birth of the chi LD. Upon birth, hit the growing flying , hot in pursuit of birth certificate an passport. Again, DO NOT EVEN THINK OF RESCHEDULING. All the best.

thanks susie,

Im going to keep Canadian Residency for sure, even though I will regret for the rest of my life but I have to make a decision. My number will be current in January, Im thinking canceling the interview. I am choosing Canada because of their social and health care system. In US it is very tough
ok usken what to do please?

@lucky2015winner your story is interesting. My thoughts on this are that you talk to people who live in both countries who are in your profession. They'll give you a pretty good idea of the pros and cons of living in each country before you decide where you want to go. Reason I suggest this is I work with a number of Canadians here in California who also went through the hustle of getting US permanent residency. I do not know their reasons for moving from Canada but that would make me think twice if I were in your shoes. But again, it depends on your profession and what you ultimately want for your family. #my2cents

what will hapen if we request to change interview date for one month or two, please

If you request an interview date change, you cannot determine if the change will be for one or two months. A new date will depend on interview slot availability at the embassy and you risk being reschedule towards the end of the FY or not even getting a new slot before the FY comes to an end.

We also saw cases where people that had rescheduled found that they were pushed to a late appointment as Mom says but also once they were interviewed, their visa "slot" had been re-allocated and they had to wait for an available visa. In some cases that meant people did not get visas despite successful interviews. So - re-scheduling introduces a risk, it should only be done if there is NO other option.

Thanks Simon, usken and mom for the great advise. I was really thinking of rescheduling :s
Still I'm really afraid that my interview to be within the same week of the Delivery! Since I will also have to travel from my country to cairo for the interview. Now I'm even thinking to get the baby born in cairo, while it will also be difficult to issue him a passport while there!! If we would've just be scheduled in January or March all that would've been solved!! Can I even just ask KCC to push me to the end of February! I mean now before they fix the dates??

Thanks Simon, usken and mom for the great advise. I was really thinking of rescheduling :s
Still I'm really afraid that my interview to be within the same week of the Delivery! Since I will also have to travel from my country to cairo for the interview. Now I'm even thinking to get the baby born in cairo, while it will also be difficult to issue him a passport while there!! If we would've just be scheduled in January or March all that would've been solved!! Can I even just ask KCC to push me to the end of February! I mean now before they fix the dates??

You can unlock your DS260 now, and leave it unlocked until after the February interviews are scheduled (about 3 weeks from now). That would (I believe) mean they would not schedule your interview in February.

You can unlock your DS260 now, and leave it unlocked until after the February interviews are scheduled (about 3 weeks from now). That would (I believe) mean they would not schedule your interview in February.
By doing that and re submit again after ie 3 weeks, will I still guarantee an interview in march?

Briiight. B.Simon! How could I miss that?
Call it hitting your target spot on. There you are Jivara, problem solved.

By doing that and re submit again after ie 3 weeks, will I still guarantee an interview in march?

Well one of two things will happen. Either:

a. My theory won't work and they will consider you "ready for scheduling". IN that case you will get a February interview date anyway.

OR

b. They won't schedule you for February because your form is unlocked but then assuming you make no changes they will spend little/no time in reprocessing and you "should" be scheduled for March. Because the delay is not a rescheduling, you would not lose your allocated visa slot.

I can't guarantee which one will be applied. If you want a guarantee, buy a dishwasher.

10806351_841370415915323_4537118884047785589_n.jpg

there is an update in this site i could see who is online right now .. ^_^
and there is an update in FB i don't know what they want by this update :(