• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hi Zeru,
I am not sure what case number you have, but you should start preparing your documents, like authentication of your high school certificate, birth certifictae and marriage certificate (If you are marriad). I think it is better to have your document ready before you have the 2NL. That is what I am doing at the moment.
Thank you for yr quick reply I am current for Oct but i fill my ds very late

Here is the list of required documents.

A) For principal applicant

· Passport (with at least six months validation since the expected date of visa approval)

· High School Transcript 9 -12th grade (authenticated)

· National Exam Certificate/s, ESLCE for old curriculum or 10th and 12th national exam results for new curriculum (all authenticated) .......
or work experience

· Birth certificate (authenticated)

· Marriage certificate, if any (authenticated)

· Police certificate (original)

· Police certificate from abroad, if applicable (original)

· Medical certificate (original)

· Kebele ID, renewed

· First selection notification letter

· Second notification letter (2NL)

· DHL registration confirmation page print out

· Affidavit of support, including derivatives as beneficiaries (controversial)

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any

· Two Photos of size 5x5

· 330 USD

B) For derivatives

· Passport (with at least six months validation since the expected date of visa approval)

· Birth certificate (authenticated)

· Marriage certificate, if any (authenticated)

· Police certificate (original)

· Police certificate from abroad, if applicable (original)

· Medical certificate (original)

· Kebele ID, renewed

· First selection notification letter

· Second notification letter (2NL)

· DHL registration confirmation page print out

· Bank statement and/or proof of personal asset, if any (to be added to the principal applicant)

· Two Photos of size 5x5

· 330 USD

All documents except police and medical certificates should be accompanied by copies.

Anybody can add if there is any missing document i haven't listed here

Last edited:
About authentication process of documents, @Tew posted the following note on Ethiopian DV 2014 thread.

Ethiopian Academic Documents Authentication Procedures

· High School Transcript Authentication

First one needs to authenticate the transcript from grade 9-12 at the school where u attended your high school level and then bring the school authenticated transcript to the regional education bureau for final authentication. (This step is not necessary according to this year’s interviewed winners. If you can do it, but if you can't, don't bother.)

· High School National Exam Certificates Authentication

First one needs to authenticate the National Exam Certificates at the Ministry of Education and then take the authenticated Certificate to Mistry of Foreign Affairs for final Authentication.

· Higher Level Institutes Certificate and Grade Report Authentication

First one needs to go to the university/college to authenticate the higher level Certificate but for the new curriculum graduates most of the Universities request the receipt of payment for cost sharing in order to authenticate.Once u authenticate the certificate and the grade report as well from your Instititute then go to MoFA for final Authentication.

· High School (Preparatory School)

Place: The Place where u attended your Secondary and/or Preparatory Courses
Price: 10 birr/Paper
Requirement: unauthenticated High School Transcript
Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

Addis Ababa City Education Bureau:
Price: 25 birr/Paper
Place: on the road from 6Killo to Ferensai/Bella in front of Oromia Court or u can use the back gate which is in front of 6Killo Egypt Embassy next to International Leadership Institute
Requirement: 8th Grade Ministry Certificate and School Authenticated High School Transcript
Time: better to go in the morning and it took less than 30 minutes

MoE/NoE (Ministry of Education/National Organization for Examination)
Place: 5Killo St. Marry Church in front of Abune Paulos Residence next to Menelik II Primary School
Price: 35 Birr/Paper
Requirement: unauthenticated High School Certificates [EGSECE(10th),EGSLCE(10th),ESLCE(12th),EHEECE(12th)]
Time: if u give the Certificate in the Morning,u can take it back either 5:30 Local time in the morning or 10:30 in the afternoon

MoFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Consular & Document Authentication Section)
Place: Casanchis on the road to Bambis via Ministry of Labor
Price: 150 Birr/Paper
Requirement: MoE authenticated Certificates
Time: better to go in the morning and it took around 30 minutes (works 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Documents Authentication Procedures for Private School Graduates

1. If u have a diploma or degree form private school

§ Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Federal Higher Education Authentication agency in front of the embassy of united state.

§ Price 200.00 per page

§ Finally MoFA

2. If u have a diploma from technical school out of Addis Ababa

o Authenticate on the school you attend then go to the Regional Technical and Authentication Agency

o Finally MoFA

I agree that for this you can correct at interview, if you feel more comfortable unlocking and correcting before that is also fine. The important thing is that the original entry and the official documents have the right name.
Btw we corrected something on our DS230 at the interview, it wasn't a problem.
thank you susieQQQ !!! my c no is (af00006***) still current from octo that is why i am not unlock ds 260 . i am so late to submit ds 260 . am i not correct ?