want to sponsor friend from Tamil Nadu

Rebeccs87

I have a friend who is originally from Tamil Nadu, India. He worked in the states for three years, but now works and lives in Dubai. My concern is that I don't really understand the rules of sponsorship on my end of things. Do I need money? If so, how much? Does he need money? If so, how much? My income is low as well. I only make about $20,000 US Dollars per year and his salary in Dubai si comperable to that. I have heard that sponsorship is often rejected if you earn less than $30,000 or $40,000 USD per year. My father has said he would help me sponsor him, and our collective income would be about that much. Is it possible for both my father and I to sponsor a visitor visa for my friend? Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Triple C,

I am also aware that B2 are self sponsored, in that case why is the candidate required a i134 (affidavit of support)?

If a B-2 applicate cannot show enough bank deposit to sponsor himself/herself, he/she needs file a I-134. Usually it is better for a B-2 applicate to deposit enough money into the bank and show the bank deposit certificate to the VO.