• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Tracking GC delivery via USCIS ELIS

Hi All,
I had an issue with the address I put when I filed my case. I called the USCIS and they asked me to change the address online by logging in to ELIS, so I changed it, but the thing is they didn't know if the cards are delivered or not!! Moreover, when I changed the address the status was moved to Optimized.
When they usually update the status on ELIS?
Do you think the cards are delivered even when the status is Optimized?

Thanks for the usual help.
William

Hi All,
I had an issue with the address I put when I filed my case. I called the USCIS and they asked me to change the address online by logging in to ELIS, so I changed it, but the thing is they didn't know if the cards are delivered or not!! Moreover, when I changed the address the status was moved to Optimized.
When they usually update the status on ELIS?
Do you think the cards are delivered even when the status is Optimized?

Thanks for the usual help.
William
Optimized means production has started. Use your receipt number IOExxxxx... to check the status on the case status tracker to see the exact stage of progress. Not sure if your new address is down in time for the mailing...hopefully, but keep an eye on it. The case status tracker will give you a USPS tracking number when it goes in the mail.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Many thanks,
I checked my status on the above link and found the below msg:

"On November 19, 2014, we began producing your new card for your Form OS1***, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE*****. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by December 19, 2014, please go to [LINK] to request your card. If you move, go to [LINK] to give us your new mailing address."

Please advise,
William

Many thanks,
I checked my status on the above link and found the below msg:

"On November 19, 2014, we began producing your new card for your Form OS1***, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOE*****. We will mail your card to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by December 19, 2014, please go to [LINK] to request your card. If you move, go to [LINK] to give us your new mailing address."

Please advise,
William

Yes so, it's pretty straightforward...what it says... That is the standard notice.
But the card should get to you well before Dec 19th unless there is a problem. When it goes to USPS, there will first be an update to tell you that has happened, then some hours after that a USPS tracking number will be provided.

hallo folks I just arrived in the states few days ago ,my worry is that I changed my poe from Colorado to texas and when paying for the 165$i did not change the address but I gave the officers at the poe my new mailing address ,my status details shows this
Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review ...... my question is which adresss will they use to send my greencard and ssn the one I gave at my poe or the old one which is in colorado ,and should I gave them a call so that I can update them...thanks for your answers folks

hallo folks I just arrived in the states few days ago ,my worry is that I changed my poe from Colorado to texas and when paying for the 165$i did not change the address but I gave the officers at the poe my new mailing address ,my status details shows this
Your application/petition has been accepted and is pending review ...... my question is which adresss will they use to send my greencard and ssn the one I gave at my poe or the old one which is in colorado ,and should I gave them a call so that I can update them...thanks for your answers folks

Hi,
They should use your new address that you gave the POE. You can also change your address in ELIS yourself.

Hey guys, I need some help. My POE was Fort Lauderdale October 22, 2014. Both my wife and I entered same time. I started to check the status just yesterday and realised that my wife card was produced and delivered and I did not even know it was in the mailbox. Delivered November 20th 2014, However my status says "Optimized" in the bubble and "In Process" is the status from November 14th 2014.

How would my wife get her card before me, being that I am the primary applicant and we were processed at the same time? Also when I enter my IOEXXXXXXXXXX number in the case status is says ;

Case Accepted By The USCIS Lockbox

On November 14, 2014, we accepted your Form OS155A, Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by December 14, 2014, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to <LINK> to give us your new mailing address.

why is my file in a lockbox? Is this a problem or is this normal??? Did anyone else see this on their status? Is there a problem with my case or file??

PLZ RESPOND!!!

Last edited:
Your file shouldn't be in a lockbox unless you did AOS. I would normally say don't worry as it is only a month from entry, but it is odd that your wife's has arrived and yours hasn't. I'd suggest calling USCIS or scheduling an infopass to see if they can give you any more info.

Thank you for your reply,

Well both my wife and I had B1-/B2 visas and I also had a C1/D visa before getting the Greencard which would mean we both changed from non-immigrant visas to a Immigrant visa through a F3 petition filed out of the USA. Would that be a cause as you are explaining (AOS)?

Thank you for your reply,

Well both my wife and I had B1-/B2 visas and I also had a C1/D visa before getting the Greencard which would mean we both changed from non-immigrant visas to a Immigrant visa through a F3 petition filed out of the USA. Would that be a cause as you are explaining (AOS)?

AOS - Adjustment of Status.
That means you were in the USA already on a temporary visa. However, you mention a POE - the place you entered and activated your Green Card. So, that makes me think you did not do AOS.

You are correct! I entered the U.S. with my wife in Florida. So I agree now AOS. So just to confirm, the lockbox doesn't receive all files and distribute from there. Could this be a penalty box for me for some reason? Maybe a problem with my file? - strange my wife got hers, she was added to my petition! So I am the primary applicant. Any other ideas out there?

You are correct! I entered the U.S. with my wife in Florida. So I agree now AOS. So just to confirm, the lockbox doesn't receive all files and distribute from there. Could this be a penalty box for me for some reason? Maybe a problem with my file? - strange my wife got hers, she was added to my petition! So I am the primary applicant. Any other ideas out there?

Okay, you're not stating things clearly here and that is making it difficult for you to get the guidance that you need. First of all, it seems to me like your GC wasn't DV based, however you're posting about your issue on a DV forum and people are finding it difficult to relate or understand.

There's nothing strange regarding your wife getting her GC before you even though you are the main applicant. The truth is once your petition is approved, her status becomes completely independent from yours and it does not mean they cannot produce her card ahead of yours. Anyway, you should give USCIS a call tomorrow to get further clarification with regards to the status of your card. You can also ask about the lockbox issue which doesn't seem to make any sense to you.

Ok sorry for posting in the wrong forum . You are correct my visa was not a DV based. I will call them and query my case!

Hi all,

Thank you to reply and help me when I get miserable. I received my green card one week ago. Million thanks to everyone.

Hi all,
Thanks for alls responses. I just want to know how to get my usps tracking number?
see below my last status on uscis without this tracking number

Card Was Mailed To Me
On December 2, 2014, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by January 1, 2015, please go to ....

Hi all,
Thanks for alls responses. I just want to know how to get my usps tracking number?
see below my last status on uscis without this tracking number

Card Was Mailed To Me
On December 2, 2014, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by January 1, 2015, please go to ....

This is usually updated late the same day or early next day with the USPS number.

hallo folks I want to know how long its takes for one to receive his greencard cz I think my card has overstayed I arrived on 21st of nov and when I try calling uscis they tell me that they will send ,am also worried cz I had changed my poe from Colorado to houston but I gave them the new mailing address... does it really take this long ?

hallo folks I want to know how long its takes for one to receive his greencard cz I think my card has overstayed I arrived on 21st of nov and when I try calling uscis they tell me that they will send ,am also worried cz I had changed my poe from Colorado to houston but I gave them the new mailing address... does it really take this long ?

That is not long at all!!! Relax about it - not having the plastic won't hold you back in any way. However, be aware that they sometimes mess up the mailing when you change addresses.

That is not long at all!!! Relax about it - not having the plastic won't hold you back in any way. However, be aware that they sometimes mess up the mailing when you change addresses.
Thnks britsimon do you think I should give them a call and ask them cz my status shows accepted