• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Please i have a question and hope you guys will help me out. On my ssce cert is a middle letter ‘A.’ which is my local name- stands for ‘Aryee’. All other documents bear only my first and last names.can this letter ‘A.’ between my first and last names on my ssce results (***** A. *******)pose any problem during my interview? Secondly, on the ds260, there is a question that goes lik this: have u ever used any other names(i.e. maidwn, religous, professional etc). Can i answer ‘yes’ to this question and input ‘Ayee’. and explain to the CO shd he or she ask?bcos i dont use this name anymore. Or do I need a document to support the letter ‘A.’ if so how can i get this legal document? Thank you

Just list the name under the other names used section of the DS-260 form, and you should be okay. You don't need to present any legal document with the name in question listed.

Try not to get so prickly such that you miss the essence of what is actually being discussed. Nobody is insinuating there was something wrong with your papers or credentials; we're simply postulating on what could be behind the CO's line of questioning, the interview at the embassy had nothing to do with how people in your line of work get promoted compared to other professions. And I did state in a follow up post anyway that the CO probably thought you looked younger than your stated age and couldn't be working in the profession you claimed hence the questioning to confirm the claimed educational level.

No one here so far as said anything to malign you.
Am sorry for putting professional issues here but just dont undertand the CO intent... am humbly sorry guys forgive me

Am sorry for putting professional issues here but just dont undertand the CO intent... am humbly sorry guys forgive me

You honestly don't need to apologize, I don't think anyone is upset with you or feels like you've stepped out of line, so relax and enjoy the euphoric feel of having had a successful interview. We're simply rubbing minds together, and maybe we've spent too much time trying to understand what was going on in the CO's mind any, but none of that matters anymore.

Look forward to getting your passport with the visa in it and have a great life in the US. You deserve it!

I didnt even think,CO had a thought because it was normal for me to be asked questions on what you do..but will say am sorry for any foul language used on this platform and let the harden heart forgive ..thanks guys

You honestly don't need to apologize, I don't think anyone is upset with you or feels like you've stepped out of line, so relax and enjoy the euphoric feel of having had a successful interview. We're simply rubbing minds together, and maybe we've spent too much time trying to understand what was going on in the CO's mind any, but none of that matters anymore.

Look forward to getting your passport with the visa in it and have a great life in the US. You deserve it!
Thanks,buddy

I didnt only provide my SSCE but added my transcript..so where from those opinions of yours? The only thought,i think they had was my age,think am not 28years,i did my birth cert in 2007,my passport in April with the. Intention of applying for a school in the USA but not for the DV and fortunately for me,In May the results was announced and was selected..thats all guys
Sorry mate I have not posted anything as a reply to any of your posts. I posted those questions cos I wanted a deeper understanding of the procedures, I am sure educating ourselves on such issues will remove the mistrust a lot of people have towards the Embassy and also encourage people to do the right thing.

Sorry if the posts made you feel slighted. Chill.

Sorry mate I have not posted anything as a reply to any of your posts. I posted those questions cos I wanted a deeper understanding of the procedures, I am sure educating ourselves on such issues will remove the mistrust a lot of people have towards the Embassy and also encourage people to do the right thing.

Sorry if the posts made you feel slighted. Chill.
I personally think our discussions makes those who are now going for their interview prepare well..am not angry but my words were not rightfully expressed and am sorry to all..chill @guykofi,

wow 100 pages already? that's great. This forum has been of immense help to us all, rather unfortunate the very person who created this Ghana forum is no longer part of it ( understandably) Bigups @F-Lan we still gotcha back. Move on with life like a man :):)
yeah so pity for @F-Lan , in the mean time how is NJ treating you , how about the cold , do i really have to carry a blanket ?? loll

New Jersey is a nice place, free from the usual hassle and bassel of New York. The weather is getiing colder by the day, the lowest I've experienced so far is a -7 (degree celsius) but blanket ?? what do u need that for? there's already the burden of having to carry your luggage around and to add blanket doesn't even make sense as far as I'm concerned. What you should do is to get a heavy winter jacket to protect yourself from the cold or perhaps your host can meet you with a winter jacket. Good Luck

New Jersey is a nice place, free from the usual hassle and bassel of New York. The weather is getiing colder by the day, the lowest I've experienced so far is a -7 (degree celsius) but blanket ?? what do u need that for? there's already the burden of having to carry your luggage around and to add blanket doesn't even make sense as far as I'm concerned. What you should do is to get a heavy winter jacket to protect yourself from the cold or perhaps your host can meet you with a winter jacket. Good Luck
lol I was just kidding brother ; grab a whisky for the cold !!