• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

That is wonderful. Wish you a pleasant and cool settlement. Simon, can you give us some narrations about what happened at your first arrival airport with the immigration officer. This information will enhance our experience. Thanks.
It goes like this:
We arrived at 2.05 p.m new jersey time which is 8 hours time difference to nairobi.
I went straight to the immigration desk where we presented a simple customs declaration form we(regardless of your origin even American citizens filled it) while on air.
Officer :Why have you come to America?
Me : I am here as a dv lottery winner..
Officer : Winner
Me : Yes immigrant
Officer : Checks and scan my passport and picks my yellow envelop,scan my finger prints(right only) and takes photo of face
Officer : Follow me sir-gets out of his desk and followed him to another waiting room where MOST people weer screened further
Me : Waited like 30 min-while other guys(mostly from west africa and Asia) who were also in that room were being called and requested to enter again in another room
Officer : After 30 min -come sign for me here and thats was it
Me: : I got out of the room and exited without picking my bag from the customs
Officers : I stayed another 1 whole hour as my left laggage went through more screening by the customs
Host : Came and picked me

It goes like this:
We arrived at 2.05 p.m new jersey time which is 8 hours time difference to nairobi.
I went straight to the immigration desk where we presented a simple customs declaration form we(regardless of your origin even American citizens filled it) while on air.
Officer : Checks and scan my passport and picks my yellow envelop,scan my finger prints(right only) and takes photo of face
Officer : Follow me sir-gets out of his desk and followed him to another waiting room where MOST people weer screened further
Me : Waited like 30 min-while other guys(mostly from west africa and Asia) who were also in that room were being called and requested to enter again in another room
Officers : I stayed another 1 whole hour as my left laggage went through more screening by the customs
Wonderful!! Thank you for sharing Simon.

It goes like this:
thanks boss , really help full , PEACE

I wish all the bests of chance for those waiting for the 2N begining this week.
As we are making final plan for our travel, we would like to ask the fallowing question about PoE (post of entry).
If the principal DV winner enters the US through a given PoE, can the rest of the family (beneficiaries/derivatives) use another PoE (or are they forced to use the same PoE as the principal)?

As we are making final plan for our travel, we would like to ask the fallowing question about PoE (post of entry).
If the principal DV winner enters the US through a given PoE, can the rest of the family (beneficiaries/derivatives) use another PoE (or are they forced to use the same PoE as the principal)?
Tough one:where are the experts?

There should not be any issue with that - the computer system should record the fact the the principal has entered already.

They can enter anywhere as long as the principal has already entered.

They can enter anywhere as long as the principal has already entered.
Thank you BritSimon and SusieQQ. I sincerely appreciate your fast responses. This will give a lot of freedom to the rest of the family (who will join after months) for booking and flying direct to the city of our final home.

There should not be any issue with that - the computer system should record the fact the the principal has entered already.
hi brits how are you ? i have one question when i fill ds 260 i miss a spell in my son info like my name 1234 my son 5678 & my father ABCD so the correct form is ABCD 5678 1234 but in ds 260 i miss ABCD 5678 124 i miss no 3 is that a problem in my process ?

hi brits how are you ? i have one question when i fill ds 260 i miss a spell in my son info like my name 1234 my son 5678 & my father ABCD so the correct form is ABCD 5678 1234 but in ds 260 i miss ABCD 5678 124 i miss no 3 is that a problem in my process ?
You are right about the order.
But, if the given name of your son is "1234" on his documents (like birth certificate and passport), you should unlock your DS260 and correct the mistake.
One thing i want to know, did you put the right spelling "1234" on the original EDV application?

My brother in law just moved in wiz my sis to us, he used to live there more than 7years, he came last month and moved with all his family, if things goes well he promised for my family accommodation 4 few months. I put my friends sister US address on my ds- 260. At z time of interview, If z co ask us 'what is ur relation wiz ur host? ' how I am going to answer z CO question? Is it good to inform z co that u didn't asked? I mean to inform abt my brother in law address than my friend's us address I put on ds260. Anyone who has such experience?
Thanks Rolex 123