• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Ok, your number is high, so you will probably interview in September. Your number is in a slightly risky range, there is a possibility that numbers will cut off earlier for Africa this year, but since you stated you are less than 71000, you are a heck of a lot better off than if you had said 79xxx.

All travel arrangements, flights, jobs in America and so on are your responsibility. The embassy will not help with any of that. Talk to your countrymen in this thread to understand the costs and challenges you will need to overcome....
Thanks for that information. I hope i will be lucky. I noticed that in the last two years, that is 2013 and 2014, the cut off went up to 81000. Since my number is just a few digits,less than a ten after 70000, do you think I may have a chance? I was actually comparing the case for last year and noticed that at some point, in December,they were at 17,900 almost same as at December is indicating 17000. Just a slight difference. January 2014 was 19000 while next year,2015,January is already indicating 21000,upsurge of about 3000. Is that a good sign? Kenya still has the same allocation as last year at 4027 if am not wrong. Does that bring hope?

The wisest thing to do for now, considering your can, is to save veery hard. You have to factor in currency fluctuation, inflation, etc so please save save save and let cost issues come alive when your can becomes current. It may sound tough but truth comes all shades.
Thank you so much. Do I stand a chance?

Who has an idea of the effect of Ethiopia,Nigeria and Egypts exclusion from the lists as indicated will affect the CNs in Africa? Did i understand the bulletin indication that these countries will be left out? SOmeone help. And what could potentially be the Cut-off for African countries? The last two years has been 81000. Just what I saw on the 2013 and 2014. Anyone with the information?

yes you do. re-read B.simon's last answer to you on this.70*** is perhaps a brighter prospect for an Aug/Sep. 2015 interview.
Thank you @usken go. This wait I have realised need people to give you hope and build in you confidence that withers not. I will be so happy to have the news about the interview and medical. God will lead the way.

Who has an idea of the effect of Ethiopia,Nigeria and Egypts exclusion from the lists as indicated will affect the CNs in Africa? Did i understand the bulletin indication that these countries will be left out? SOmeone help. And what could potentially be the Cut-off for African countries? The last two years has been 81000. Just what I saw on the 2013 and 2014. Anyone with the information?

Go Britsimonsays.com and peruse through;
1. the holes theory
2. the impact of exlcuding Nigeria

In summary, slowing Ethiopia and Egypt evens the playing field for selectees from other countries in the region. Exclusion of Nigeria implies a higher density in the Af region so the highest cn for 2015 will be lower than in 2014. All said you still have prospect.

@usken go, I have read most of the articles in the link you referred me and I have seen the trend. I even got the time to read on the statistical analysis over the years and noticed that I have a chance. I noticed that going by the statistics, January 2015 is already higher than 2013 and 2014. By the way, what does this term current mean. If it reaches september and they indicate in the visa bulletin that it is CURRENT, what does that imply?
Another question: Looking at the Nigerian case,they may not have actually formed such a big number like say,can't reach 6000. So how significant by estimation will the exclusion of a number like 6,000 have on Africa?

What are you speculating? Ethiopia and Egypt are not excluded from the list of eligible countries.

What are you speculating? Ethiopia and Egypt are not excluded from the list of eligible countries.
@God-Is-Love ,Sorry, it is the Nigeria I saw. It is only Nigeria that is excluded. What do you think and how will this affect the numbers and would you think of the scaling equivalent to the same number or what do you think? Am not sure about this. Just trying to be optimistic

Last edited:
Am really praying that this CN cut off reach the desired number like last year. I was thinking that the exclusion of Nigeria would make some countries in Africa get better chances and that the CN that are high like my case,70*** would be reached easily. By the way, the country allocation,does this change? I tell you you can read so much of these things until you get confused....

Thanks for that information. I hope i will be lucky. I noticed that in the last two years, that is 2013 and 2014, the cut off went up to 81000. Since my number is just a few digits,less than a ten after 70000, do you think I may have a chance? I was actually comparing the case for last year and noticed that at some point, in December,they were at 17,900 almost same as at December is indicating 17000. Just a slight difference. January 2014 was 19000 while next year,2015,January is already indicating 21000,upsurge of about 3000. Is that a good sign? Kenya still has the same allocation as last year at 4027 if am not wrong. Does that bring hope?

It is too early to get encouragement from the VB comparison against last year. They could easily limit the remaining vb numbers and then we are going to be disappointed.

Go Britsimonsays.com and peruse through;
1. the holes theory
2. the impact of exlcuding Nigeria

In summary, slowing Ethiopia and Egypt evens the playing field for selectees from other countries in the region. Exclusion of Nigeria implies a higher density in the Af region so the highest cn for 2015 will be lower than in 2014. All said you still have prospect.

Perfect.

hello everyone.I and my family are well and we made a safe landing @ Dulles Washington airport on 6th Nov.We are in our 2nd week today.We applied for uscis the following day after arrival and SSN the following week.The boy's SSN card arrived after about 6 days after application,but ours are yet to arrive.for now we are spending much of our time on the internet and taking walks as we wait for the cards to arrive,calls for a lot of patience.we are also taking MVA's driving test online (motor vehicle administration),the main body that is mandated with offering driving course here.The weather is awesome...............for now!regards.

hello everyone.I and my family are well and we made a safe landing @ Dulles Washington airport on 6th Nov.We are in our 2nd week today.We applied for uscis the following day after arrival and SSN the following week.The boy's SSN card arrived after about 6 days after application,but ours are yet to arrive.for now we are spending much of our time on the internet and taking walks as we wait for the cards to arrive,calls for a lot of patience.we are also taking MVA's driving test online (motor vehicle administration),the main body that is mandated with offering driving course here.The weather is awesome...............for now!regards.
thank God you arrived safely.
You are lucky. I hope we will join you soon.

Very good sm1smom....this is called DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM so if you are not from Kenya, then you dont have to comment because the US Embassy inyour country may have different rules.
New develpomnet and breaking story:I have a while (4 hours ago) LANDED in New Jersey-now taking meals at my Hosts Place-Should I comment as a Kenyan,USAan or Dv 2015 -guide me based on the statement above-any am joking:
I just wish to thank the moderators, Old registered members,new and Unregistered members for making the forum vibrant-

Sorry I did not give the clear hint. My CN is 70***. When would I expect to be called for an interview? And by the way, following the posts I have been reading, how much exactly for a Kenyan, would you need to prepare with to facilitate your process excluding air ticket? Or does one pay for the ticket at the embassy? I am green kindly help.
Welcome bro:Let me try swearing your answer even though more competent members of this forum are equally good;: