• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

I'll let everyone in on how these immigration "attorneys" work. I went to Canada for further studies and after OAC got admission into University of Toronto. I got a 4 year study permit, while my sister got into Sheridan College but wanted to transfer to Seneca. We went to an immigration attorney to get him to help us file for a transfer. Once he had our documents, he convinced my dad if we moved to Quebec, he would be able to get us Permanent Residence in 6 months. We didn't even want the PR, but he insisted that it was easier and we wouldn't need visas if we ever wanted to leave Canada to visit home. Also, school fees for PRs is lower by 60% so somehow, we fell for it.

$18,000 later, we were getting no where. The idiot had our passports and had sent us fake work permits (we didn't know at that time), so we can get valuable work experience which will be required for the PR. 8 months later, I was on a UofT study permit, had completed a Business course, French Course and worked a night shift to "qualify". I had had enough and told dad, I want my passport and if I am not going back to university this fall, I am not staying here. I traveled to Toronto to meet him and lo and behold his office was locked. Called him, emailed him and guess what he tells us? We can buy Canadian Passports at $60,000. That there is a scam. We called dad, who flew in immediately. He warned us if we complain to the police, we would be arrested for working as illegals and would be deported.

We took the risk. The police arrested him and returned our passports. We left Canada the very next day. The world is a cruel place and give someone the opportunity, they will fleece you. Your passports, passport numbers, immigration documents should never leave your hand for whatsoever reason.

I'll let everyone in on how these immigration "attorneys" work. I went to Canada for further studies and after OAC got admission into University of Toronto. I got a 4 year study permit, while my sister got into Sheridan College but wanted to transfer to Seneca. We went to an immigration attorney to get him to help us file for a transfer. Once he had our documents, he convinced my dad if we moved to Quebec, he would be able to get us Permanent Residence in 6 months. We didn't even want the PR, but he insisted that it was easier and we wouldn't need visas if we ever wanted to leave Canada to visit home. Also, school fees for PRs is lower by 60% so somehow, we fell for it.

$18,000 later, we were getting no where. The idiot had our passports and had sent us fake work permits (we didn't know at that time), so we can get valuable work experience which will be required for the PR. 8 months later, I was on a UofT study permit, had completed a Business course, French Course and worked a night shift to "qualify". I had had enough and told dad, I want my passport and if I am not going back to university this fall, I am not staying here. I traveled to Toronto to meet him and lo and behold his office was locked. Called him, emailed him and guess what he tells us? We can buy Canadian Passports at $60,000. That there is a scam. We called dad, who flew in immediately. He warned us if we complain to the police, we would be arrested for working as illegals and would be deported.

We took the risk. The police arrested him and returned our passports. We left Canada the very next day. The world is a cruel place and give someone the opportunity, they will fleece you. Your passports, passport numbers, immigration documents should never leave your hand for whatsoever reason.

Wow, that is a bad story, but to be clear that is not a lawyer you described, that guy was a conman, nothing more than that.

Which is why I wrote "attorney". Do not trust every quack in a suit behind an oak desk. There are so many websites with "lawyers" asking you for your documents. "Consultants" asking you to pay for dv lottery registration. Somehow they make the consular officers sound like they're out to get your prized $330 and denying your rightful visa.

Went to a barber shop n its so proffesional u hav to book in advance by calin n it aint cheap,20$:( went to ross ross shop clothes n shoes are cheap.grabd sme dolce gabana shoes,Happy Thanksgiving nxt week.:)
I cut my own hair man, So perfectly... Haha, At first it used to be tough, doing the edges but I got better with time. Now I do it so well, anytime that I feel like doing it.
I guess I'd call it improvising.

hallo folks hop ya all good I arrived on Friday evening and man that journey is long , I don't know when I will go back home ,I want to thank God for the journey mercies all this is possible is God work ,I want to tell you guys that I changed my poe to Houston texas .America is amazing and I want to wish you all the best and happy thanksgiving I hope you all fulfill your dreams and may OUR good Lord bless you folks .take care and always remember God loves you

hallo folks hop ya all good I arrived on Friday evening and man that journey is long , I don't know when I will go back home ,I want to thank God for the journey mercies all this is possible is God work ,I want to tell you guys that I changed my poe to Houston texas .America is amazing and I want to wish you all the best and happy thanksgiving I hope you all fulfill your dreams and may OUR good Lord bless you folks .take care and always remember God loves you
I miss your devotional posts:-Continue posting on this forum

Guys Thanksgiving is around the Corner and i wanna meet with any DV Member out there who is in MA - Massachusetts - we should link up and give thanks to the Almighty for the wonderful things He Has Done For Us. -
I heard a rumor that One of the Simons - Either its Brit or someone else is also in Boston...
Please inbox me your digits i give u a ring.
Otherwise How is everybody Else?
Am doing pretty well for now i can not complain - the weather is warm today and am heading to some part-time gig....
Ciao.

hallo folks how are you guys doing ? hop all is well with you guys my question is can one start to look for employment with his visa if he is still waiting for the plastic card and ssn thanks a lot will appreciate

hallo folks how are you guys doing ? hop all is well with you guys my question is can one start to look for employment with his visa if he is still waiting for the plastic card and ssn thanks a lot will appreciate

Yes you can begin to look for employment while waiting for the arrival of your SSN - note: your visa upon endorsement at the POE is actually no longer just a visa, it is evidence of your LPR status and can be presented/used in place of the plastic GC for up to one year.

Hi all,

I'm an Australian guy who won the lottery in 2014 and has been living in Maine for the past year. I write a column about my own immigration experience for the newspaper I write for.

For my column this weekend, I was hoping to look at the experiences of others, particularly those from African or European backgrounds.

So if you've immigrated to the U.S. and would be willing to do a quick email interview with me before Friday, please reply to this post or let me know. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Houston Akello..give me a shout guriixaf@gmail.com

Welcome Akelloh to Obamaland...may all your dreams and heart's desires come to pass

Yes you can start looking for work.