Error when scheduling/canceling OCI appointment at CKGS New York

dhari1

Registered Users (C)
Hello

My minor son who already has an OCI card recently acquired a new US passport. I am trying to go through the process of obtaining a new OCI booklet/sticker to match the new US Passport.

However I am running into an issue when scheduling an appointment at

When I try to schedule an appointment, I get an error stating “Appointment Is Not Scheduled For One Or More Applicants

If I try to cancel or reschedule, it gives me the same error message. Looks like some kind of inconsistency with the file.

I contacted Cox and Kings via email and they state that they have sent this to their technical team, which essentially means I will receive no response

I have 2 questions:

i) Is there a way to escalate this to higher management? The generic inbox is not helpful anymore

ii) Can I abandon this application and generate a fresh application with a fresh bar code and Web Reference number? If so, will this cause any problems?

Thanks

Hari

On the online application. Yes, you can just re-enter the form and it generates a new web reference number and you can submit that. Incorrect web submissions that are not finally used in the paper application do not matter. Just make sure that the last one which is correct is the one that you use when you submit your application. Obviously this is if you haven't submitted a physical application to CKGS yet.

The process to for OCI reissue with new passport for minors and other processes outlined on CKGS are as confusing as it can get. That being said -
  1. Is the process and documentation almost same as new OCI?
  2. How long it takes for OCI reissue on new passport?
  3. I'm strongly thinking getting PIO for my younger one, does it have advantage over OCI for minors?