• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

If you lost access to your email (meaning all attempts at recovery failed, which is quite unlikely these days), then all you can do is contact KCC with a new email to which they need to send your second notification. May take a while and some persistence though.

Very unlikely to work. They don't want to change emails for fear of assisting someone trying to steal an appointment...

You don't really need the email. THe email tells you to check the ESC website for your appointment details. The details are not in the email. So - when you hear 2NLs are out you can simply check the ESC and find your date that way...

OK , how do i know if the 2nls are out of me :(
i have only one friend who has a case as0001**** > far from me :(
>>>>>>>>>>

I wanna make sure if the cases depend on the time you register , i mean if you register on the dv early October you get a case that is small like mine , and if you register late you get a high number like my friend ?
i know every thing is randomly but the cases depend on the time you register.
i think like that because i make a compensation between the numbers :)

>>>>>>>>>>

I wanna make sure if the cases depend on the time you register , i mean if you register on the dv early October you get a case that is small like mine , and if you register late you get a high number like my friend ?

Time of eDV registration has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with CNs which are randomly assigned to successful selectees.

>>>>>>>>>>

Usually the 2NLs are out about a week after the latest visa bulletin has pubiished the numbers. So just keep an eye on that. There have been some delays this year because of the new system but hopefully they will clear that backlog soon.

Case numbers have nothing to do with entry date. In the year I won we entered on the 2nd day and our number was AF51xxx. As with any random process you may find a couple of numbers that seem to fit a pattern but if you look at enough you will find that they don't. And in fact in DV2012 they voided the first draw because they discovered faulty programmimg had meant it was not random.

Hello All,

I'm very new to this but i've learned a lot reading through threads in this forum. I have a few questions in mind. But below are my details

Case Number: 2015AF000077xxx
Entry status checked : July 24, 2014
DS260 form Submitted : Oct 15, 2014
Confirmed: Oct 15, 2014
Second NL: not yet
Police Report: not yet
Medicals: not yet
Interview: not yet
Visa pick up: not yet

With my case number above, and having applied for DS260 in October, When likely is my visa interview? i saw that in the visa bulletins allocations for Africa is 8,000, 14,200 and 17,000 in October, November, and December Respectively.
Hi. Am glad you say that you have began by reading and therefore learnt a lot. This was wise of you. As you noted, you will get a visa interview invitation, called 2NL when/after your cn becomes current. In 2014 (check that thread too), cn77000 interviewed near the tail end. This year it is moving slowly, at least up to now due to the introduction of the online DS260 whereby kcc is contending with a flood of forms that were returned early.
We hope that that once the backlog is cleared, the pace will pick some steam so that things normalise somewhere along the way.
All said you will probably interview in august/sept 2015. Egypt and Ethiopia have slowed down and their VB cut offs reflect this so if you are from either of these two, put his into consideration:oops:.
Stay here, learn and give back

By sending your DS260 yes you will have delayed your interview and thus your 2NL. You may get a December interview - but it might even have been pushed to January.

Mr Brits, you were right, i called KCC couple of days back and they told me my interview might likely be in January or even February. They explain to me that at some point case numbers doesn't matter so much but applicants who have completed the DS260 would have their documents handled first

I see - so you tried to give them a new email address and they would not change it?
Yep, and the worst part is that they wont tell you if they will not notify you using the new email, they will always reply that your request is being processed.

Hi dears, can any of you suggest me when my interview date will be? My case umber is AF00014xxx; Entry Status checked: May 2, 2014; DS260 form submitted June 1, 2014. Second NL: not yet received.
Thanks

Hi dears, can any of you suggest me when my interview date will be? My case umber is AF00014xxx; Entry Status checked: May 2, 2014; DS260 form submitted June 1, 2014. Second NL: not yet received.
Thanks
Yours must be around the corner. Hit the documents preparations final mile with some vigour, for Jan/Feb interview,- my guess!

Hello everybody, help me to analyse this situation.
My previous posts were about unlocking forms, which many agree does not affect appointment dates.

Just to remind you,
-CN AF15*** ; Current for December Interview
-DS 260 submitted May 21
-Reopened Sept 08
-Resubmitted Sept 15
-Reason for change: Adress,Interview location, 1 School attended removed, Updating degree.
-New confirmation page: Your forms were sent to kcc for review
-2NL Not received
-KCC email reply on Oct 23; Your forms have been received and currently processing, allow several weeks for processing...
-KCC email reply on Oct 28; Your forms have been received and currently processing, allow several weeks for processing, you can read DV 2015 instructions and this may be helpful for you

1.The VB will come within 10 days, if till today forms are not processed, is there any chance to be Scheduled in the next Batch?
2.If unlocking forms can not affect scheduling, what do you think may be the other reason for this delay?
3.Is there anyone facing similar situations?
4.What can you speculate about this scenario?
5.Is there special circumstances which may lead the forms to be processed more than 5 months?
6.If you suspect that Reopening DS 260 was the factor for delay, what advice others should learn according to my situation..

Susie,Sm1smon and others plz your views!!!
Britsimon say something...

Hello everybody, help me to analyse this situation.
My previous posts were about unlocking forms, which many agree does not affect appointment dates.

Just to remind you,
-CN AF15*** ; Current for December Interview
-DS 260 submitted May 21
-Reopened Sept 08
-Resubmitted Sept 15
-Reason for change: Adress,Interview location, 1 School attended removed, Updating degree.
-New confirmation page: Your forms were sent to kcc for review
-2NL Not received
-KCC email reply on Oct 23; Your forms have been received and currently processing, allow several weeks for processing...
-KCC email reply on Oct 28; Your forms have been received and currently processing, allow several weeks for processing, you can read DV 2015 instructions and this may be helpful for you

1.The VB will come within 10 days, if till today forms are not processed, is there any chance to be Scheduled in the next Batch?
2.If unlocking forms can not affect scheduling, what do you think may be the other reason for this delay?
3.Is there anyone facing similar situations?
4.What can you speculate about this scenario?
5.Is there special circumstances which may lead the forms to be processed more than 5 months?
6.If you suspect that Reopening DS 260 was the factor for delay, what advice others should learn according to my situation..

Susie,Sm1smon and others plz your views!!!
Britsimon say something...
First. Not all cases take the same time for processing.
Second. I believe certain changes do cause reprocessing and have seen others cases that suggest that is true. The address/location change is an obvious example. They checked you against one address already, and you now tell them a new address so they need to check that address.

For Ethiopia, it VB cut offs are lower and interviw could in Feb/March but am not sure. One needs to hold on on documents that come with expiry dates, most likely the police certificate.

I’ve been trying to log in and fill the DS-260 form but i receive an error that the information entered does not match to the records.
Later on i figured out that in the initial form i have put wrong Month of birth (I had put JUL instead of AUG).
Is there any way how to correct it?
Any problem in case I go on filling the DS-260 form by putting JUL instead of AUG just to sign into the form, and then fill accordingly the form with my exact birth information?

Thank you

Hi. Am glad you say that you have began by reading and therefore learnt a lot. This was wise of you. As you noted, you will get a visa interview invitation, called 2NL when/after your cn becomes current. In 2014 (check that thread too), cn77000 interviewed near the tail end. This year it is moving slowly, at least up to now due to the introduction of the online DS260 whereby kcc is contending with a flood of forms that were returned early.
We hope that that once the backlog is cleared, the pace will pick some steam so that things normalise somewhere along the way.
All said you will probably interview in august/sept 2015. Egypt and Ethiopia have slowed down and their VB cut offs reflect this so if you are from either of these two, put his into consideration:oops:.
Stay here, learn and give back

Thanks Usken go, atleast i know when to expect KCC's email now. Your Post has really helped. Thank you.

Filling the DS260 in October should not negatively affect your case as your number is high. Your interview should likely be between August and September in case we get to the whereabouts this time. Good luck.

Thanks Charisma, at least i know when to expect the mail from KCC now. I really appreciate your Contribution to my understanding.