• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

hey forum mates , did u hear anything like affidavit support requirement at US ADDIS ABEBA embassy for dv2015 winners this year, I mean if anyone knew someone who already conducted October interview in addis abeaba and requested for the I-134? if yes?!
q boss,
yohanahmer,
fiker12
mb1xxx
please tell us ur preparation ?

This was great issue of discussion around 6th page of this thread, whether it required at US embassy Addis Ababa or not. It has been said a lot about it.
I personally advice friends to have it (unless you can show 200,000birr/person personal asset and/or bank statement). Why do we take (even 0.01%) risk of AP?

Last edited:
This was great issue of discussion around 6th page of this thread, whether it required at US embassy Addis Ababa or not. It has been said a lot about it.
I personally advice friends to have it. Why do we take (even 0.01%) risk of AP?
god is love , that's why I raise this issue not to have 0.01% risk of AP, but no one has said anything about preparing I-134 documents especially nov and dec appointees, I raise the issue just to remind and not to overlook such document for nov and dec interviewers .

god is love , that's why I raise this issue not to have 0.01% risk of AP, but no one has said anything about preparing I-134 documents especially nov and dec appointees, I raise the issue just to remind and not to overlook such document for nov and dec interviewers .
Great alarm Rolex123. I appreciate.

The official web page clearly instructs that 'registration for DHL courier service prior to interview and present confirmation page on interview date is a mandatory step' from October 2013 onwards, and it gives a link. As you click on the link, you will directly be redirected to a page which request you to register your appointment. I wish I made a copy past to post each instruction. But I'm on mobile.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/am-et/iv
the official web page is this one http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html, and her is the copy past for that specific instruction
Registering for DHL Courier Service
As of October 1, 2013, all immigrant visa applicants are required to go on-line and register for courier service provided by DHL prior to their visa interview by visiting the following website: http://usvisa-info.com/. All immigrant visa applicants must bring a printed copy of the “register for courier confirmation page” to the consular interview as evidence they have taken this mandatory step.
During the registration process, the applicant will choose one of two DHL locations in Addis Ababa as the pick-up location for any issued visa. Completing this on-line registration process is the only way for an applicant to obtain his/her issued visa. Applicants who do not register prior to their interview will experience delays in obtaining their issued visa

the official web page is this one http://ethiopia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html, and her is the copy past for that specific instruction
As of October 1, 2013, all immigrant visa applicants are required to go on-line and register for courier service provided by DHL prior to their visa interview by visiting the following website: http://usvisa-info.com/. All immigrant visa applicants must bring a printed copy of the “register for courier confirmation page” to the consular interview as evidence they have taken this mandatory step.
During the registration process, the applicant will choose one of two DHL locations in Addis Ababa as the pick-up location for any issued visa. Completing this on-line registration process is the only way for an applicant to obtain his/her issued visa. Applicants who do not register prior to their interview will experience delays in obtaining their issued visa

and applicants who don't register prior to their interview will experience delays in obtaining their issued visa !

Haa ha ha On Kenya-Your great good neighbor?I like your posts..
hello Simon, how is z count down ? hope u will come up with a good interview experience right away after u stepped out embassy on nov 3, wish u all best bro!

I asked 2 guys who had interview on October, both of them does not asked about affiative of support and I have not also prepare it.
did the visa issued to them already? but if u have a family especially likely question to be raised by CO is proof of not being a public charge! either I-134 or personal asset documents , or employment offer , but abcdefg if u can b on safe side if u can. wish u luck! try to have either of the two especially if u have a family.

Thank you rolex. This is what i wanted to copy and paste here.

Last edited:
I asked 2 guys who had interview on October, both of them does not asked about affiative of support and I have not also prepare it.
You are right abcdefg. No forum member since 2014 reported that i-134 had been asked.
Though the probability of being asked is very low, there is still the chance.

Post in English.
hahaha @Sm1smom. I though you have forgotten this thread. I'm happy you are watching. But it has been long time since you posted here. Don't you know that your messages have been so precious and valuable here? Specially when some issues are left pending without solid answers.

u just n
Hello ma forum friends
I was in rural parts of Ethiopia to collect my edu. doc ; birth cert.....
I finished collecting all necesssary documents ; medical and police certificate.
Just waiting my interview date.
I have 2 questions
1. when I fill DS 260 I was a civil servant but currently a student ; Is it appropriate to tell CO even if s/he didn't ask me?
2.Am not fluent speaker of English; is it better to use translator or not?
waiting your valuable advice
Pray for me.
eed to reply only to the questions asked by the CO don't add anything man just answer the questions short and straight forward!

hey forum mates , did u hear anything like affidavit support requirement at US ADDIS ABEBA embassy for dv2015 winners this year, I mean if anyone knew someone who already conducted October interview in addis abeaba and requested for the I-134? if yes?!
q boss,
yohanahmer,
fiker12
mb1xxx
please tell us ur preparation ?
i Know some one who is intervied and get visa she is a lady she was not asked affidavit of support they didn't mention it even.

guys

I am working on the spreadsheet and it will be posted so soon

I am wondering what we can do to attract our country men to this forum : it will be a huge boost for b there process
we have almost 5000 selctees from Ethiopia and our thread have about 23 of this people ; so we shall promote this site and attract them to share there experience and ideas
any comments regarding this ?

hahaha @Sm1smom. I though you have forgotten this thread. I'm happy you are watching. But it has been long time since you posted here. Don't you know that your messages have been so precious and valuable here? Specially when some issues are left pending without solid answers.

:) I haven't forgotten this thread. I read every single post on the thread and in the forum as a matter of fact. I haven't posted because I've not come across an issue that hasn't been resolved, you guys are doing a great job commenting and responding to one another as it is so there hasn't been a need for me to comment.