• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the forum, this is my first post, I'm a 2015 Diversity Lottery winner, case number EU24***. I am somewhat hesitant to use forums like this one because in most forums it is hard to distinguish facts from hearsay and opinion. Nevertheless, I found some of the info here already quite helpful. I'd like to get some advice on the following questions:

1. From what I gather here, my case number of EU24*** SEEMS pretty "safe", it looks like I will at least get an interview. At least that seems to be the consensus here. But is that number really so safe? If there are 50,000 visas globally only, and I'm somewhere near the half-way mark of that number in one region alone, isn't EU24*** a lot more risky than it seems?

2. Can I participate in the 2016 DIV Lottery as well? Would there be any negative consequences for my 2015 application? Registration for 2016 is open for a few more days.

Thanks for your help!

This blog post explains holes and the draw process.

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=67

Your number will be interviewed, but you can re-enter the lottery with no problem at all.

This blog post explains holes and the draw process.

http://britsimonsays.com/?p=67

Your number will be interviewed, but you can re-enter the lottery with no problem at all.

Hi Britsimon,

Thank you very much for the information. One more question came up: Now I'm just a little worried about the exact timing of my interview. I hope there is going to be enough time between when I get the interview notification and the interview to get the police certificates. I guess based on my case number, I can guess my interview date based on last year's data. So I could actually get the police certificate a little in advance already. Do you know how "old" they can be at the time of the interview? 3 months? 6 months? I couldn't find this question answered on the DV Lottery website.

Hi Britsimon,

Thank you very much for the information. One more question came up: Now I'm just a little worried about the exact timing of my interview. I hope there is going to be enough time between when I get the interview notification and the interview to get the police certificates. I guess based on my case number, I can guess my interview date based on last year's data. So I could actually get the police certificate a little in advance already. Do you know how "old" they can be at the time of the interview? 3 months? 6 months? I couldn't find this question answered on the DV Lottery website.

The acceptable age is country specific, but generally you have around 6 to 8 weeks notice before your interview and that is usually enough time. If you feel you need more, you can jump the gun a couple of weeks before the VB.

Tiberius, the police certiticate validity period can vary country by country. In some countries it's 3 months, in others 6 months.... or for example in the UK a foreign police clearance certificate is valid forever as long as you did not move back to that foreign country - but the US embassy usually requires papers not to be older than 3 months, as a general rule of thumb, at least in Europe.

Jenugur, congratulations on your visa!!!

Iliona, now I'm rooting for you - good luck! I hope you managed to sort out all your documents!

Congrats jenugur & all the best with the new life in US.

Iliona I really hope you got all your docs done on time. Only medicals left for next week right?

Congrats jenugur & all the best with the new life in US.

Iliona I really hope you got all your docs done on time. Only medicals left for next week right?

not yet still waiting the greek embassy , I did medicals time ago.I think I will be done this week though.I will inform you after the interview.Good luck to everybody.

hi guys!!
im freshly new to the forum, and just reading the posts i can realize how many people are in the same situation as me....waiting for the infamous interview to be scheduled. My case number is 2015EU000006** , but sadly sent the form 260 late July. Im constantly checking my emails and the Entrant Status Check, which by the way doesent say anything about my current position. My case number as you all can see is very low, im very scared that because i sent the 260 too late they are not gonna call me for the interview....or maybe there is some problem on the form i dont know....what i know is that i moved from another country to my home country just for this long time dream to come true...i dont really want to annoy the KCC...they ve told me they get kinda skeptical if you get too pushy...any suggestions?

hi guys!!
im freshly new to the forum, and just reading the posts i can realize how many people are in the same situation as me....waiting for the infamous interview to be scheduled. My case number is 2015EU000006** , but sadly sent the form 260 late July. Im constantly checking my emails and the Entrant Status Check, which by the way doesent say anything about my current position. My case number as you all can see is very low, im very scared that because i sent the 260 too late they are not gonna call me for the interview....or maybe there is some problem on the form i dont know....what i know is that i moved from another country to my home country just for this long time dream to come true...i dont really want to annoy the KCC...they ve told me they get kinda skeptical if you get too pushy...any suggestions?

I would wait for a week if I were you as you will probably get a January interview (and 2NL in the next week). If you don't hear after that week, that means your forms were not completed in time for the latest batch of scheduling. However, it will come, just a month later - you have not missed your chance.

hi guys!!

The only change you will see on the ESC site will be your 2NL once you're scheduled for an interview, it will not give you an ongoing status update.

The only change you will see on the ESC site will be your 2NL once you're scheduled for an interview, it will not give you an ongoing status update.
thx a lot for the answer!i just checked the ESC site and it shows the it shows the same page from the day that i found out i was been selected...plus i changed my interview place/post but on the ESC page there is still the previous one...that means that they didn process my form yet...which mean ill scheduled who knows when...

thx a lot for the answer!i just checked the ESC site and it shows the it shows the same page from the day that i found out i was been selected...plus i changed my interview place/post but on the ESC page there is still the previous one...that means that they didn process my form yet...which mean ill scheduled who knows when...

Again "the only change you will see on the ESC site will be your 2NL once you're scheduled for an interview, it will not give you an ongoing status update" - I think that statement is simple enough to understand.