• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

All Ethiopian 2015 DV Winners Meet Here!

Hello ma forum friends
I was in rural parts of Ethiopia to collect my edu. doc ; birth cert.....
I finished collecting all necesssary documents ; medical and police certificate.
Just waiting my interview date.
I have 2 questions
1. when I fill DS 260 I was a civil servant but currently a student ; Is it appropriate to tell CO even if s/he didn't ask me?
2.Am not fluent speaker of English; is it better to use translator or not?
waiting your valuable advice
Pray for me.
That is great to hear abcdefg,
Regarding your question, I think you don't need to tell something you are not asked as Zgreat said. It is for everybody who are going to have an interview " Don't talk /tell something which you are not asked". The other one, I think most of us(Ethiopian) we are not fluent in English. But I think we can communicate very well if we at least complet grade 12. That is my observation. God be with you my friend for your interview. "Egiziabihier moges yihunachuh".

Regarding for registration of appointment, what I understand is that it is for someone who is making an appointment by his/herself. I have a friend who did an interview last year (with DV) and he never did register for the appointment. For the DHL, I think it is good to register in advance though you can do after the interview too. The same person (My friend) register after the interview. The CO gave him the link and he register afterwards. So, if you can register do it if not don't worry unless they changed it this year. That is my experience.

Regarding for registration of appointment, what I understand is that it is for someone who is making an appointment by his/herself. I have a friend who did an interview last year (with DV) and he never did register for the appointment. For the DHL, I think it is good to register in advance though you can do after the interview too. The same person (My friend) register after the interview. The CO gave him the link and he register afterwards. So, if you can register do it if not don't worry unless they changed it this year. That is my experience.
The official web page clearly instructs that 'registration for DHL courier service prior to interview and present confirmation page on interview date is a mandatory step' from October 2013 onwards, and it gives a link. As you click on the link, you will directly be redirected to a page which request you to register your appointment. I wish I made a copy past to post each instruction. But I'm on mobile.
https://ais.usvisa-info.com/am-et/iv

eshi gobez yemiketelew visa bulletin sint yehonal engemet ene 14,000 elaloh yemiyasyez ale?

Gebrecherkos, I think you are a new member of this thread. Welcome to the group. Could you please update your signature so that everybody could know your CN and other information?

love left with one week dear

try to make your self busy until then !!

I am teaching every day just to be occupied !!
I agree with you ZGreat, if you make yourself busy then one month will be like one week. So my friends don't think to much about DV, just pray and leave it for God and then to KCC. I think it will be good news soon starting from the next Visa Bulletin.

u scored a very good result , no worry relax as ZGREAT says , passing mark D for previous ESLCE mean 10pt for a specific subject , BOSS relax ! wish u best, hope beginning of dec u will come up with good interview experience , till then please update us ur progress abt civil documentation . God be with u! btw r u married or single?
it means alot thanks !!!
by z way im single..

just so stressed waiting for ma interview date i have finished all my paper works medical and ashara. zats why am lost so busy i have only 10 days for ma interview
mame,
How about preparing affidavit support (i-134)?
u secure already?

hey forum mates , did u hear anything like affidavit support requirement at US ADDIS ABEBA embassy for dv2015 winners this year, I mean if anyone knew someone who already conducted October interview in addis abeaba and requested for the I-134? if yes?!
q boss,
yohanahmer,
fiker12
mb1xxx
please tell us ur preparation ?

Last edited: