• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 winners from Europe

The US embassy in Greece called me and due to some issues in their offices they rescheduled my appointment for November 20th.I am so happy!!!!I hope I will have my papers in time now :D

Does anyone have any EU Embassy interview schedule link like ANKARA's http://www.usemb-ankara.org.tr/consular/english/schedule_dv.html We have only first 5 days of November reserved for EU numbers the rest is full of AS interviews ,do you have any theory about this?.I wonder if the same situation occurred for another embassy.

Ankara deals with most of the Iranian interviews, of which there are a lot; these are likely to be almost all of the AS numbers and indeed most of Ankara's DV load.

Ankara deals with most of the Iranian interviews, of which there are a lot; these are likely to be almost all of the AS numbers and indeed most of Ankara's DV load.
Can we say the speed of the EU progress is more or less the same as DV2014?

Thanks Britsimon i am already following your posts and your blog. ;) Check out our some dv2015 TR winners and backlog of already current numbers http://bit.ly/1CgoTHT

Glad you've notice my blog. Yes there is most certainly a backlog due to the DS260 issues I tend to believe this will slow down the numbers for the next VB, as the backlog is now being released and that will mean more appointments will be needed by people that were already current in Oct - December.

Hello everyone, my interview scheduled at 08:50 today and i leaved the embassy with a "congratulations" and "welcome" notice @10:30. Thanks for your good wishes. I'll share details of my experience tomorrow morning :)
hope all you finish the first step of this marathon as we did..

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the forum, this is my first post, I'm a 2015 Diversity Lottery winner, case number EU24***. I am somewhat hesitant to use forums like this one because in most forums it is hard to distinguish facts from hearsay and opinion. Nevertheless, I found some of the info here already quite helpful. I'd like to get some advice on the following questions:

1. From what I gather here, my case number of EU24*** SEEMS pretty "safe", it looks like I will at least get an interview. At least that seems to be the consensus here. But is that number really so safe? If there are 50,000 visas globally only, and I'm somewhere near the half-way mark of that number in one region alone, isn't EU24*** a lot more risky than it seems?

2. Can I participate in the 2016 DIV Lottery as well? Would there be any negative consequences for my 2015 application? Registration for 2016 is open for a few more days.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to the forum, this is my first post, I'm a 2015 Diversity Lottery winner, case number EU24***. I am somewhat hesitant to use forums like this one because in most forums it is hard to distinguish facts from hearsay and opinion. Nevertheless, I found some of the info here already quite helpful. I'd like to get some advice on the following questions:

1. From what I gather here, my case number of EU24*** SEEMS pretty "safe", it looks like I will at least get an interview. At least that seems to be the consensus here. But is that number really so safe? If there are 50,000 visas globally only, and I'm somewhere near the half-way mark of that number in one region alone, isn't EU24*** a lot more risky than it seems?

2. Can I participate in the 2016 DIV Lottery as well? Would there be any negative consequences for my 2015 application? Registration for 2016 is open for a few more days.

Thanks for your help!
Feel free to enter DV 2016 and quick, you're almost out of time and if you ask me, your number should just be fine.

Hello again, here is my story from the beginning :)

After receiving the interview notice from KCC, we scheduled the medical exam on Oct 4th because my wife was 28 weeks pregnant assumed that the examination process might take longer than standard one but results were ready within 2 days.
So we arrived to the embassy @8:15 and there was already 20-25 ppl waiting line front of the main gate mixed with non-immigrants and immigrants. It took around 40mins to get us in and than they realized my wife's big baby bumb which moved us front of everyone :) Inside of the embassy there is two lines, one for non and other for immigrants but just for assigning numbers. The waiting room is the same and was fully crowded. Anyway i received the number @9:05 and started to waiting until saw ours on the screen. You can choose either a Turkish or English interview and we said English because heard that there are not many Turkish speakers and have to wait longer.
They called us first @09:35 for collecting original documents (university degree, wedding paper, bank accounts etc..) of copies that we sent 3 weeks ago by UPS. This is a mandatory pre-check for Ankara embassy. The second time was just 10 mins later for digital finger prints of both of us and third time 5 mins later for paying 330usd per person done by credit card.
We saw our number on the screen for the last time around 10:20. The interviewer was a very cool guy and started in Turkish with couple of ice breaker questions, gave finger prints for the second time and administered to oath to us like in movies :) I didn't realized the moment that our conversation changed to English :) Asked some questions about my job, the countries i visited (many in middle east and former Soviet) and purpose of visit. In the mean time he was cross checking the story in my DS260 than he asked "why i want to move to US". All went very well so he excused to take notes on the screen which took around 1-2 mins and said "Congratulations" and "Welcome" with a big smile. Those were the exact words that i was waiting to hear so my heart rate jumped to 140bpm :D We both thanked him and leaved the gate but suddenly realized that no signature has been taken to any of documents and ran back to the officer asking for it. He said there is no signature required anymore just finger prints are OK. Everything was finished @10:30
He didn't asked serious questions to my wife other than ice breakers and congratulations to our baby or anything related to our financials which we both were expecting to answer. I would like to thank to all of you for very useful guidelines and will definitely share my further experiences in the upcoming months. Cheers :D

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your help!

If you do a search you will find discussions of the numbers. There are "holes" in the numbers, from entries that were disqualified after being drawn (eg for duplicate entries, the numbers are abandoned not reassigned) and from people who don't follow through with their wins. So to sum up, don't worry, your number is safe :)

Hello again, here is my story from the beginning :)

After receiving the interview notice from KCC, we scheduled the medical exam on Oct 4th because my wife was 28 weeks pregnant assumed that the examination process might take longer than standard one but results were ready within 2 days.
So we arrived to the embassy @8:15 and there was already 20-25 ppl waiting line front of the main gate mixed with non-immigrants and immigrants. It took around 40mins to get us in and than they realized my wife's big baby bumb which moved us front of everyone :) Inside of the embassy there is two lines, one for non and other for immigrants but just for assigning numbers. The waiting room is the same and was fully crowded. Anyway i received the number @9:05 and started to waiting until saw ours on the screen. You can choose either a Turkish or English interview and we said English because heard that there are not many Turkish speakers and have to wait longer.
They called us first @09:35 for collecting original documents (university degree, wedding paper, bank accounts etc..) of copies that we sent 3 weeks ago by UPS. This is a mandatory pre-check for Ankara embassy. The second time was just 10 mins later for digital finger prints of both of us and third time 5 mins later for paying 330usd per person done by credit card.
We saw our number on the screen for the last time around 10:20. The interviewer was a very cool guy and started in Turkish with couple of ice breaker questions, gave finger prints for the second time and administered to oath to us like in movies :) I didn't realized the moment that our conversation changed to English :) Asked some questions about my job, the countries i visited (many in middle east and former Soviet) and purpose of visit. In the mean time he was cross checking the story in my DS260 than he asked "why i want to move to US". All went very well so he excused to take notes on the screen which took around 1-2 mins and said "Congratulations" and "Welcome" with a big smile. Those were the exact words that i was waiting to hear so my heart rate jumped to 140bpm :D We both thanked him and leaved the gate but suddenly realized that no signature has been taken to any of documents and ran back to the officer asking for it. He said there is no signature required anymore just finger prints are OK. Everything was finished @10:30
He didn't asked serious questions to my wife other than ice breakers and congratulations to our baby or anything related to our financials which we both were expecting to answer. I would like to thank to all of you for very useful guidelines and will definitely share my further experiences in the upcoming months. Cheers :D

Congratsssssss,,,,, To you, your wife & new Baby we wish luck in your new life in USA