Interview scheduling - FP rejected

lk1508

Registered Users (C)
I had filed for my parents' green card thru concurrent filing of I-130 and I-485 in August'14. They had their fingerprints taken in the first week of September. After a couple of weeks my mom got another fingerprint notice for the first week of October because the first set of fingerprints were too light. The second time, the USCIS official said that her fingerprints were still very light and so they will let FBI know. They told me that I will be receiving a letter with the details of what needs to be done. I was assuming I would get a letter to get a police clearance.
Yesterday, the I-485 status of my mom as well as my dad changed to Interview scheduling. I have not received the Interview letter as yet. Has anyone had a similar experience or knows what happens when the fingerprints are rejected? Will they ask for a police clearance document that needs to be shown during the interview? My parents came to USA in May of this year. Prior to that they were in India. Will we need to get the police clearance from India too?
I would really appreciate if you could share your experience in such cases.