EAD RENEWAL FOR BACKLOGGED ASYLUM APPLICANTS (FEE WAIVER)

Anthony2013

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys. Do you have any news about backlogged cases? Has anyone renewed his EAD recently? How long does it take? Is fee waiver working or not? I have just applied for renewal and requested a dee waiver. I will keep you all posted. Please share any experience about recent EAD renewal. We all are in the same boat and have to help each other at least with any valuable information which we have.

No news on my side on my backlogged application.
By the way, I think it is good if we all display our timeline on our signature. It is an additional thing to make us feel that we are not alone.

I did not yet started to renew my EAD, but I will soon and I am interested in the fee waiver and all the process since I have no idea what to do.
Also, how many days before the expiration of your current EAD have you applied for renewal? How far in advance can we apply? 30 days or 90 days?

Let's support each other during these difficult times by communicating.

Hello Guys ,

I renewed my EAD card recently they say it takes approximately 90 days from the priority date on receipt notice,

Due to fear of loosing my Job after 2 month of my application pending , I requested and expedite and it was rejected

To prevent further delay pay the $380 fee

They sent this 3 weeks ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type of service requested:-- Expedite
The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

USCIS does not expedite Form I-765 applications that have been pending for less than 75 days for any reason. Applicants are encouraged to file at least 90 days ahead of their expiration date so as to avoid a gap in their employment authorization. Your application will be handled in a routine manner, in which processing will proceed based upon the date order in which it was received.

We hope this information is helpful to you and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson learnt

Consult an attorney !
Submit EAD application in time say 110 or more than 90 days before expiration
Call your CongressMan/Woman if you feel your EAD renewal is lost in bureaucratic mess they can help
Prepare to stop working/ Employment if you have major EAD delay -Do not work with expired document

Even if one files the I-765 form before the EAD expiration date, the work authorization does not continue beyond the expiration date, unless the renewal I-765 is approved,be mindful of the renewal timing and track dates carefully.

With the delays and the overwhelmed immigration systems expect delays

Thank you DoubleAA. I am very interested in knowing what happen to your EAD application until the end. Please let us know and also (like you did earlier) with the lessons learned.
This is an important support for us in the dark.

I sent my EAD application by mail it took 2 weeks to arrive to NSC by that time my renewal was short 2 weeks into 90 days required and My EAD had already expired, while waiting for renewal

I had to stop working and my company put me on unpaid leave till I receive new EAD card.

Literally my EAD will have 5 days gap ,I know for sure that if USCIS issues a EAD with a gap then it becomes easy for them to raise a query in the future when they are ready to adjudicate I-485 or RFE to account for that gap

Yesterday my EAD renewal status online changed from initial review (Its been in initial review for 2 months) to Card production

Main advise
USCIS will process all EAD applications as they are received. EAD takes anywhere from 30 to 90 days to renew and each case is different .

Be careful file 120 days from the expiry of your current EAD and give them 90 days to approve it.

I am very happy that your online status went to card production. Thank you for sharing your lessons and timeline with us. It will help uncountable number of people.

I sent my EAD renewal applciation exactly 120 days prior to the expiry date. I applied for a fee waiver as well. Still waiting for the receipt. They will either waive my fee and send me the receipt or will send my application back in order to pay the fee. So I am still waiting. My application arrived there on Monday, so I think it will take 2 weeks to hear anything from them. So I will keep all you guys posted about my EAD renewal process. Please lets work together and keep each of us posted, because we are in the same boat and every advice or experience will be helpful for all of us in this hard time. In the meantime I have a question for you DoubleAA. Could you please let us know exactly how many days passed from the date your application was received by the USCIS to the date your case status changed to card/document production. Was it within 90 days or not?

Hello Guys ,

I renewed my EAD card recently they say it takes approximately 90 days from the priority date on receipt notice,

Due to fear of loosing my Job after 2 month of my application pending , I requested and expedite and it was rejected

To prevent further delay pay the $380 fee

They sent this 3 weeks ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Type of service requested:-- Expedite
The status of this service request is:

You or your representative contacted USCIS to notify us that you were requesting an expedited review of your case. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

USCIS does not expedite Form I-765 applications that have been pending for less than 75 days for any reason. Applicants are encouraged to file at least 90 days ahead of their expiration date so as to avoid a gap in their employment authorization. Your application will be handled in a routine manner, in which processing will proceed based upon the date order in which it was received.

We hope this information is helpful to you and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson learnt

Consult an attorney !
Submit EAD application in time say 110 or more than 90 days before expiration
Call your CongressMan/Woman if you feel your EAD renewal is lost in bureaucratic mess they can help
Prepare to stop working/ Employment if you have major EAD delay -Do not work with expired document

One more question for you DoubleAA. When you received the receipt of your EAD renewal application was the case number the same as for the intial EAD or not? Was it changed?

I sent my EAD renewal applciation exactly 120 days prior to the expiry date. I applied for a fee waiver as well. Still waiting for the receipt. They will either waive my fee and send me the receipt or will send my application back in order to pay the fee. So I am still waiting. My application arrived there on Monday, so I think it will take 2 weeks to hear anything from them. So I will keep all you guys posted about my EAD renewal process. Please lets work together and keep each of us posted, because we are in the same boat and every advice or experience will be helpful for all of us in this hard time. In the meantime I have a question for you DoubleAA. Could you please let us know exactly how many days passed from the date your application was received by the USCIS to the date your case status changed to card/document production. Was it within 90 days or not?

Exactly 30 days from the date indicated in Notification of receipt , My first EAD took only 45 days

I sent my EAD application by mail it took 2 weeks to arrive to NSC by that time my renewal was short 2 weeks into 90 days required and My EAD had already expired, while waiting for renewal

I had to stop working and my company put me on unpaid leave till I receive new EAD card.

Literally my EAD will have 5 days gap ,I know for sure that if USCIS issues a EAD with a gap then it becomes easy for them to raise a query in the future when they are ready to adjudicate I-485 or RFE to account for that gap

Yesterday my EAD renewal status online changed from initial review (Its been in initial review for 2 months) to Card production

Main advise
USCIS will process all EAD applications as they are received. EAD takes anywhere from 30 to 90 days to renew and each case is different .

Be careful file 120 days from the expiry of your current EAD and give them 90 days to approve it.
Hi DoubleAA, i read your post and i hope you gonna get your new EAD soon. It came time to renewal my EAD card. Should i expect a letter for fingerprints? Thanks in advance!

I already got my card 7 days after the day it changed into card production ,I never got any fingerprint notice

Congrats, DoubleAA!
My EAD expires in December. I will send my application for renewal EAD this week. So, that will be 30 days before my card expired. Is it too late? I will send the below documents by post to USCIS:
1. 2 Passport size photos
2. EAD card print (front and back)
3. Copy of regular ID
4. Bar codes page attached to the previous EAD approval
Are these documents enough? Should i add and I-797 /Notice of action/?
Do I need to go for biometric?

Congrats, DoubleAA!
My EAD expires in December. I will send my application for renewal EAD this week. So, that will be 30 days before my card expired. Is it too late? I will send the below documents by post to USCIS:
1. 2 Passport size photos
2. EAD card print (front and back)
3. Copy of regular ID
4. Bar codes page attached to the previous EAD approval
Are these documents enough? Should i add and I-797 /Notice of action/?

That is very late ! You should have sent the renewal 120-90 days before the card expires , Each case is different cards can take 90- 60 days to process based on my experience

You may need to include notices to acknowledge you have asylum case pending

I never got biometrics notice, I last did them when I applied for my case