Arlington office backlog

ArlingtonJune

Hello my dear Asylum seeker friends,

I have applied Asylum and I live in Virginia so my Asylum office is Arlington. I applied June 2014 with the help of a Lawyer and I have done the finger prints on June, but I have not recieved an interview invitation. Now it is almost 5 months. I know there are a lot of asylum applicants who are waiting interview for more than a year. So

What are my options now - to wait or to request an update?

Applied on June 2014
Out of status

Except waiting, I don't know what other options are. Even if you request an update, they will just send you a pre-filled form with some generic comments telling you that your case is under-review and it will be moved forward as soon as resources permit it.

However, you can check the number of days you have since your receipt day and then start applying for an EAD. It is not much, but it is better than nothing.

If it can help you, there are more than 60.000 people in the backlog all over the country.

ArlingtonJune this waiting can be frustrating and as lota2013 mentioned there are lots of people in the same situation around the country.
However I do believe in using the few resources we have in order to obtain as much information as we can about our cases.
So feel free to send your inquiry or make a walk-in.