Hartford CT - N-400 Timeline

Me too!

A happy, happy update - I finally received my oath letter and I will become a citizen tomorrow (in New Haven). Now I just have to be careful and not slip on the sidewalk on my way to the US District Courthouse!

Good luck to all!

Had an intereview on January 13, 2011. Desicion culd not be made after interview. Howeber, received notice for oath ceremony in mail a week after the interview. Thanks everyone !

Hi to CT applicants any new updates, lets keep this thread alive...Please post your timeline, interview experience...etc.

Hi cjack.this is my experience last thursday.i got there on time and i was called in.made me swear and started asking questions like i'm i married now.then comes the 6 standard question.and went thru my applications and made me print my name on it and also made me sign on my pictures.then he gave me a letter asking for additional documentations.which in it self was my fault because i included a copy of my tax returns when i was sending the n400.so he saw that i claimed a child on it and he ask who that child was and i told him is my EX'S and the IO says ok bring me his birth certificate .IO also ask me to submit a court document from home country that i've been supporting my own child for the past 5 yrs.now there's no way i can get that birth certificate.i'm actually considering to go back and tell the IO that i can't get the BC and see what my options will be or just let a lawyer handling this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi cjack.this is my experience last thursday.i got there on time and i was called in.made me swear and started asking questions like i'm i married now.then comes the 6 standard question.and went thru my applications and made me print my name on it and also made me sign on my pictures.then he gave me a letter asking for additional documentations.which in it self was my fault because i included a copy of my tax returns when i was sending the n400.so he saw that i claimed a child on it and he ask who that child was and i told him is my EX'S and the IO says ok bring me his birth certificate .IO also ask me to submit a court document from home country that i've been supporting my own child for the past 5 yrs.now there's no way i can get that birth certificate.i'm actually considering to go back and tell the IO that i can't get the BC and see what my options will be or just let a lawyer handling this.

If you can afford it let the lawyer handle it. I would. It may save you from alot of delays.

By the way I saw that you did a FP walk-in, did they ask you anything or give you trouble. Where was it? Do you think it shorten the process. What would be your advice to new applicant about doing a walk in. Thanks.

They just ask me why i want to do the FP before the schedule date.And i told them i won't be in town on the schedule date.The ASC is on silver lane east hartford.In my case i didn't see it shorten the process.

Hi, did anyone recently interview at or got an interview letter from Hartford? Please post your timeline. Thanks

I am in-line for interview scheduling since August 8th

Last edited:
Any idea of how long it takes to get oath letter after the interview? I had my interview at Hartford, CT on Jan 6th and the officer recommended me for approval.
Thanks.

My online status updated yesterday to "you are in line for oath scheduling" - any idea how much wait am I looking at before I actually get an oath date?

Also, my wife and I had applied for citizenship together, and USCIS always updated our statuses together and scheduled our appointments together. However, this time, only my online status changed. Does this indicate there could be some issues with her application?