• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

What tpye of mobile phone should one buy before flying out that will be of use on the other end?

Best advice would be to buy one here that you can be sure will work on the US networks. Whilst topline phones cost $600 you can get a nice Android phone for much less - I think Vladdy paid about $50/$60

Best advice would be to buy one here that you can be sure will work on the US networks. Whilst topline phones cost $600 you can get a nice Android phone for much less - I think Vladdy paid about $50/$60
Yeap, best to buy one here, bought mine for $110 then got a rebate after a while, (a credit card loaded with $50). So I basically bought the phone for $60 or something with one month subscription.

Yup, got mine for 76$ taxes incl, does everything you need just as an apple or sumsung..... its Alcatel fierce touch.
Got my self a T-Mobile sim card, but it works also with univision and all other sims ...
Im very happy with it, you can also take a 2 years warranty, for just an extra 14$ only ...but doesnt cover theft or loss..
At Wal-Mart. Hope that help

Yup, got mine for 76$ taxes incl, does everything you need just as an apple or sumsung..... its Alcatel fierce touch.
Got my self a T-Mobile sim card, but it works also with univision and all other sims ...
Im very happy with it, you can also take a 2 years warranty, for just an extra 14$ only ...but doesnt cover theft or loss..
At Wal-Mart. Hope that help

Generally speaking I would steer clear if the extended warranties shops offer. Those are very bad value. A gadget like a phone either works when you open the box, or it doesn't. If it doesn't you have rights under US law. It is solid state electronics so it will continue working for as long as you don't lose or break it....

The eagle has landed

Long time guys! My trip was excellent. Just landed @ msp via Amsterdam @ around 1pm yesterday. Woke up @ 2 after sleeping for about 4 hrs coz my body system hasn't adjusted. In an hours time from now will be going out to start a few process here and there

Hi! resian I thank God for giving me a chance to come to America. Thanks for the 6month experience update. Am landing in Dallas DFW on sunday 26th oct 2014 at 300hrs. Am looking forward to meeting you in person some day
hey talisman am really happy for you and especially you coming to dallas,karibu sana and am ready to guide you as you start your life here,safe flight and once you land,pliz send me your address in my inbox.God bless.

Yeap, best to buy one here, bought mine for $110 then got a rebate after a while, (a credit card loaded with $50). So I basically bought the phone for $60 or something with one month subscription.
hy bro can you emailme again i lost the mail that you gave me have a nice tym and be blessed

gidmog is ur green card ready n how can u track it.how long does it take to come having that i paid for it bfore i came to usa
Two ways you can track your card, using USCIS tracking tool at https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do( Here you use the receipt number that you got after paying that 165bucks) input it there and read whatever that pops up on your right.The other way is by simply logging in into your Elis account.