• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Not that I am an administrator but, AimLK, I truly do not believe you have caused any stress, not for one iota! I dont think anything said in the past was directed to you. I also am applying with work experience so I get the challenge. I am so sorry the medical has presented additional challenges. May be in some way it is a blessing that this has been picked up now and not 2, 5 or 10 years down the track. My understanding is this condition is very treatable so hang in there. My very best wishes for you and your family and I hope to see you at the consulate. Your appointment is 15 minutes before mine. Many positive warm fuzzies coming your way. :)
Thanks EMS :) no medical news yet still waiting!! All Dr Waks said was they just need to rule out TB (which we have) so it shouldn't affect our application. Our interviews are not long now starting to get excited!! Yes, the work experience thing is a challenge but we have tried to cover all bases. My husband has read all of Simon's previous posts in other forums :) We are guessing that they wont refuse on the spot but perhaps ask for further clarification on stuff. What have had a workplace evaluation done by a US firm too, so hope that helps. Hopefully you see us on the day with smiles on our faces haha. Warm fuzzies very much appreciated!! Hope you are not too nervous like me :)

Sooo....I couldn't resist and I called up KCC and found out I have my interview scheduled for the 4th of December! The very nice man said if I should check my email for my 2NL but if I don't have it I should within the week. For those who are impatient like me I suggest calling KCC and getting your date locked down.

CC1, do they want the principal's documents separate from the derivatives? Or all together. So all passports together. All medicals together. Etc.
Hi Emily,
No, they want the principles docs first, in the order I mentioned in an earlier post, original copies first with photocopies underneath for all docs, then each consecutive family member starting with your partner/hubby, then kids from oldest to youngest, my advise, organise all this before you get to your interview, if their is a few of you its a hell of a lot of paperwork. :)

Sooo....I couldn't resist and I called up KCC and found out I have my interview scheduled for the 4th of December! The very nice man said if I should check my email for my 2NL but if I don't have it I should within the week. For those who are impatient like me I suggest calling KCC and getting your date locked down.
Yah, good luck for the 4th, not too long now:)

Thanks EMS :) no medical news yet still waiting!! All Dr Waks said was they just need to rule out TB (which we have) so it shouldn't affect our application. Our interviews are not long now starting to get excited!! Yes, the work experience thing is a challenge but we have tried to cover all bases. My husband has read all of Simon's previous posts in other forums :) We are guessing that they wont refuse on the spot but perhaps ask for further clarification on stuff. What have had a workplace evaluation done by a US firm too, so hope that helps. Hopefully you see us on the day with smiles on our faces haha. Warm fuzzies very much appreciated!! Hope you are not too nervous like me :)

AimLK, because the education/work experience thing is one of the two basic requirements, it would be best to present the most complete case possible at the interview. A nice thick well organised file will be more than the interviewer wants to deal with in the interview slot, so once they see you have done your homework and have a great case, they will tick that box mentally or literally and move on. Don't give them an excuse to pass the buck, and if it doesn't go we'll, ask them if a supervisor is available to look at your proof there and then.

Hi Emily,
No, they want the principles docs first, in the order I mentioned in an earlier post, original copies first with photocopies underneath for all docs, then each consecutive family member starting with your partner/hubby, then kids from oldest to youngest, my advise, organise all this before you get to your interview, if their is a few of you its a hell of a lot of paperwork. :)

You're a gem, CC1. For those of us with families, this is super helpful.

Just one question, so each applicant effectively has their set of documents. For each set, is it a matter of putting all the originals together and then having all the copies together? Sorry if this sounds dumb. There's a few of us and I don't want to get caught out at the interview with poorly filed paperwork!

Congratulations CC1 & ECM, fantastic news!!! Thanks for the interview tips, they are much appreciated.

Kiwione, how exciting to get a date! I'm going to call them today too and hopefully will get one too. I'm a little concerned as I didn't send in the DS-260 forms until July.

Regarding the Police Checks, I knew we needed a National Police Check from where we live - my case Victoria. But then I found a Federal one and was going to apply for that because it's online. Makes more sense too to apply online. But I re-read everything on here and the on the offical pages and we will apply for National and present to a local Police Station. One other thing, we travelled in the USA for nearly 8 months on a B1/B2 Visa and returned to our life in Australia. I assume we won't need to get a USA Police check?

Hope I'm not breaking any rules here but here's a little dose of John Oliver for a change of pace. I got all excited when he mentioned the DS-260 lol. Go figure

That's great!! I will call too - I called last week and they didn't have info yet so good to know they have started scheduling! Kiwione, when did you submit your DS260 by the way? Are you interviewing in Auckland?

Congratulations CC1 & ECM, fantastic news!!! Thanks for the interview tips, they are much appreciated.

Kiwione, how exciting to get a date! I'm going to call them today too and hopefully will get one too. I'm a little concerned as I didn't send in the DS-260 forms until July.

Regarding the Police Checks, I knew we needed a National Police Check from where we live - my case Victoria. But then I found a Federal one and was going to apply for that because it's online. Makes more sense too to apply online. But I re-read everything on here and the on the offical pages and we will apply for National and present to a local Police Station. One other thing, we travelled in the USA for nearly 8 months on a B1/B2 Visa and returned to our life in Australia. I assume we won't need to get a USA Police check?

The Victorian one is the Federal one that you get online. You shouldn't need to go into the police station. There was a post about this ages ago on this thread, maybe have a search for it because it had the requirements for each state.

The Victorian one is the Federal one that you get online. You shouldn't need to go into the police station. There was a post about this ages ago on this thread, maybe have a search for it because it had the requirements for each state.

If youre in NSW you need to go into a police station to verify thats its actually you.

Here, I found it and am reposting again as it seems to keep coming up:

Best solution - get the answer from the horses mouth ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...re-selected/prepare-supporting-documents.html

Which Applicants Need to Submit a Police Certificate
Each applicant aged 16 years or older must submit all required police certificates to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at his or her interview.

What Does the Applicant Submit
The applicant must submit police certificates that meet the following guidelines. The police certificate must:
  • Cover the entire period of the applicant's residence in that area.
  • Be issued by the appropriate police authority.
  • Include all arrests, the reason for the arrest(s), and the disposition of each case of which there is a record.
Also look at the "When Does the Applicant Need a Police Certificate" section (also under the 'Police Certificate' section) specific to lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AS.html

Overseas - Australian Federal Police website.
New South Wales - New South Wales Police website.
Queensland - Queensland Police website.
ACT - Australian Federal Police website.
Western Australia - Western Australia Police website.
Victoria - Victoria Police website.
Tasmania - Tasmanian Police website.
Northern Territory - Northern Territory Police website.
South Australia - South Australia Police website.

[/QUOTE]

That's great!! I will call too - I called last week and they didn't have info yet so good to know they have started scheduling! Kiwione, when did you submit your DS260 by the way? Are you interviewing in Auckland?

Yep interviewing in Auckland. I submitted my DS260 the day after it opened.

Updated the spreadsheet with Kiwione's interview date and location (nice one, Kiwi, congrats) and I've added a few more hints and tips from both CC1 and EMS (thanks guys).

Also updated that Gemma submitted her DS260 in July 2014.

CC1, did you get a police check for your name only or the finger printed one?

Edited to add: I may have answered my own question. This is from the US embassy on immigrant visas. Although it's Canberra, it appears that Sydney defaults to the Canberra website on immigrant visas.

http://canberra.usembassy.gov/iv_faqs.html#police

Last edited:
. One other thing, we travelled in the USA for nearly 8 months on a B1/B2 Visa and returned to our life in Australia. I assume we won't need to get a USA Police check?

just curious how you did this, as from what I recall one usually has a 6-month maximum stay per entry when entering on B1/B2?

You're a gem, CC1. For those of us with families, this is super helpful.

Just one question, so each applicant effectively has their set of documents. For each set, is it a matter of putting all the originals together and then having all the copies together? Sorry if this sounds dumb. There's a few of us and I don't want to get caught out at the interview with poorly filed paperwork!
Not a dumb question at all, they want the original then the photocopy directly underneath it, whoever is the principle applicant hands theirs across first, then after the Consulate officer has looked at that then they want hubby's/partners handed across, then each child's individually, one after the other, they don't want to be handed a load of paperwork that they then have to sort out, once you have passed all this across they usually make you go and sit back down in the chairs so they can go thru it all, our passports arrived in the post today with our Visa inside, happy, you bet ya :))))))) Good luck with your interviews:)