Bangladesh Police Certificate for Pakistani Citizen

scuba

Registered Users (C)
I am a US citizen and applied for my parent's US immigration about one and a half year back. My parents are Pakistani Citizens, however, they had done their education from Bangladesh. In the 70s they migrated to Pakistan and since then have not visited Bangladesh or have any contacts there. Now they have been asked for Bangladesh Police Certificate. They applied for Bangladesh Police Certificate at Bangladesh Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan more than an year ago but have not received any response. After talking to the Consular staff there, they say that they don’t know when they will get the response back from Bangladesh.

We don’t have contacts in Bangladesh who can get the Police Certificate on my parents behalf. Since it has been more than one year since they applied for Certificate via Bangladesh consulate in Karachi, and haven’t received any response, what is your advice regarding this situation. This is the last document needed by US immigration office and this has held up the case for quite a long time now. We have a letter from Bangladesh consular office in Karachi too showing that my parents have applied for Police Certificate and is waiting for response. I mailed that letter but it did not satisfy the requirement as I again got the request for Bangladesh Police Certificate. Please help with any advice!

thanks,

I am a US citizen and applied for my parent's US immigration about one and a half year back. My parents are Pakistani Citizens, however, they had done their education from Bangladesh. In the 70s they migrated to Pakistan and since then have not visited Bangladesh or have any contacts there. Now they have been asked for Bangladesh Police Certificate. They applied for Bangladesh Police Certificate at Bangladesh Consulate in Karachi, Pakistan more than an year ago but have not received any response. After talking to the Consular staff there, they say that they don’t know when they will get the response back from Bangladesh.

We don’t have contacts in Bangladesh who can get the Police Certificate on my parents behalf. Since it has been more than one year since they applied for Certificate via Bangladesh consulate in Karachi, and haven’t received any response, what is your advice regarding this situation. This is the last document needed by US immigration office and this has held up the case for quite a long time now. We have a letter from Bangladesh consular office in Karachi too showing that my parents have applied for Police Certificate and is waiting for response. I mailed that letter but it did not satisfy the requirement as I again got the request for Bangladesh Police Certificate. Please help with any advice!

thanks,

My father in law is facing the same situation. Did you get the solution of this issue? Please let me know.

Thanks.

HI Scuba, I'm in the same situation as you were. Hope you were able to find a resolution to this problem. can you please help and guide me as what are my best options.

Much appreciated

thanks,

HI every one , I was having the same problem for my Dad police certificate and i was not able to find the answer, but after extensive work I was able to get my things straight, I email National visa center couple of times stating that my dad stay in Bangladesh was before 1971 for his College education and at that time It was still East Pakistan, along with Pakistan Police certificate was submitted . So finally they accepted it and NVC has now completed the case and it is good to go for Interview scheduling. Good luck folks.

@Adnan786 my father is in the same situation...his stay extends from 1968 to 1975 with Intermediate and Bachelor's degree from Dhaka..What do you reckon I should do???

@Adnan786 my father is in the same situation...his stay extends from 1968 to 1975 with Intermediate and Bachelor's degree from Dhaka..What do you reckon I should do???
You should email NVC if they waive it of it does not work then apply for it at Bangladesh Consulate in Pakistan as your dad stay was there after 1971 and Bangladesh was created so they can give it.