• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Register for 2016 lottery while I am waiting for 2015 interview

Esfahan2015

Hi, I was selected for 2015 lottery but I submitted my DS forms late (September 2014). I wish to register for 2016 lotter as well just to increase my chance in case I can not get the visa for 2015. Is there any problem if I register for 2016 lottery while I am waiting for 2015 interview?

Hi, My case number is AS7000 and I submitted my DS form at the end of September, is there any chance of getting interview appointment before March 2015?

I have a PhD and I am currently in Iran (I was born in Iran). I was selected for DV2016 lotter and I should have my interview in Ankara. Does anyone knows waht kind of documents I should prepare for the interview? Is there any website that shows the required documents?

I have a PhD and I am currently in Iran (I was born in Iran). I was selected for DV2016 lotter and I should have my interview in Ankara. Does anyone knows waht kind of documents I should prepare for the interview? Is there any website that shows the required documents?

Mom has given a link above but your selection letter should have a link to the dvselectee website. You need to ensure you read the pages from that link and all relevant further links, especially for country specific information, well.

Is the the chance of getting visa higher for those who have a smaller case number? Is there any reserve for the visa processing (for example the 6000 and higher are reserved and those have case number less that 6000 will receive visa and if they fail for visa then the higher case numbers will be called for visa interview)? Receiving interview appointment is based on the time you submit your DS-260 or the case number is more important? My case number is AS7XXX. Is there any chance of being clled for interview?

Is the the chance of getting visa higher for those who have a smaller case number? Is there any reserve for the visa processing (for example the 6000 and higher are reserved and those have case number less that 6000 will receive visa and if they fail for visa then the higher case numbers will be called for visa interview)? Receiving interview appointment is based on the time you submit your DS-260 or the case number is more important? My case number is AS7XXX. Is there any chance of being clled for interview?

Cases are processed in case number order and the numbers are not consecutive - there are gaps. Your number is very good and you will get an interview.

Hi, I was selected for 2015 lottery but I submitted my DS forms late (September 2014). I have not heard anything since. Do they send me email to let me know the time of my interview? Is there any website that I can check the progress in my application forms. How they will contact me to let me know the documents I need to take with me to the interview? Can I do anything meanwhile?

Hi, I was selected for 2015 lottery but I submitted my DS forms late (September 2014). I have not heard anything since. Do they send me email to let me know the time of my interview? Is there any website that I can check the progress in my application forms. How they will contact me to let me know the documents I need to take with me to the interview? Can I do anything meanwhile?

The same website you checked originally, will have all the interview details once one has been scheduled. You should receive an email from KCC telling you that website has been updated, but some people do not receive that mail or it goes in junk folder. There will be no progress report or any other update until you have an interview scheduled.

You should have followed the link from your selection letter to the dvselectee pages of the website. There it has all the information you need about what documents are required for the interview.

I'm an applicant for DV2016, awaiting the results to be declared on 5th May 2015. (applied on 3rd Nov 2014)
If got selected, do I need to fill the DS260 form ASAP? or is there deadline to fill the form? does filling the form earlier or delaying effects the delivery of 2NL and interview schedule?

Appreciate your kind assistance @Moderators :)

I'm an applicant for DV2016, awaiting the results to be declared on 5th May 2015. (applied on 3rd Nov 2014)
If got selected, do I need to fill the DS260 form ASAP? or is there deadline to fill the form? does filling the form earlier or delaying effects the delivery of 2NL and interview schedule?

Appreciate your kind assistance @Moderators :)

Some people have been delayed in their interviews because they submitted the DS260 "late". However, it is important to take your time on the DS260 to get it right. So - if you win, get the DS260 done within the first few weeks.

Some people have been delayed in their interviews because they submitted the DS260 "late". However, it is important to take your time on the DS260 to get it right. So - if you win, get the DS260 done within the first few weeks.
Simon, would someone with medium to high numbers end up with a delayed interview if they submitted their DS260 etc a few months after, given that all those with lower numbers would be processed way earlier, anyway? I still remember how we submitted our paperwork within days of learning that my wife got selected (we only checked about 2 wks into May 2012) - yet only understood later on that we could have easily had done that months later without any adverse effect?

Simon, would someone with medium to high numbers end up with a delayed interview if they submitted their DS260 etc a few months after, given that all those with lower numbers would be processed way earlier, anyway? I still remember how we submitted our paperwork within days of learning that my wife got selected (we only checked about 2 wks into May 2012) - yet only understood later on that we could have easily had done that months later without any adverse effect?

The forms you filled out have been replaced by an electronic version this year. Those have been taking 4 to 5 months to process, so people gave gone current but been delayed while their forms have been processed. It was a pain because the delay meant KCC got everyone excited with high VB numbers early on, and we only later realised that the high numbers were simply because of the DS260 delay, and sure enough, numbers have slowed down later.

The forms you filled out have been replaced by an electronic version this year. Those have been taking 4 to 5 months to process, so people gave gone current but been delayed while their forms have been processed. It was a pain because the delay meant KCC got everyone excited with high VB numbers early on, and we only later realised that the high numbers were simply because of the DS260 delay, and sure enough, numbers have slowed down later.

Thanks...that will* make it even easier. Is there anything at all that will need to be submitted by mail after NL1, i.e. DSP-122, effectively no longer requiring couriering of documents to KCC?

EDIT: * = in trusting that we'll be selected again :)

Thanks...that will* make it even easier. Is there anything at all that will need to be submitted by mail after NL1, i.e. DSP-122, effectively no longer requiring couriering of documents to KCC?

EDIT: * = in trusting that we'll be selected again :)

You no longer have to courier documents to KCC. Some have speculated that this online simplicity would increase responses, but also no shows - however, we are yet to see that confirmed - and so far AF region seems to have struggled with the online process....

Okay, yes I can see how this might increase response rates and possibly no-shows overall since the 'barrier' of proceeding is reduced.
I didn't actually quite understand what you meant by your previous comment "the high numbers were simply because of the DS260 delay".

Okay, yes I can see how this might increase response rates and possibly no-shows overall since the 'barrier' of proceeding is reduced.
I didn't actually quite understand what you meant by your previous comment "the high numbers were simply because of the DS260 delay".

I finally came to understand the mysterious VB system - and have predicted it accurately for the last couple of months (because we have the data now).

KCC increase or decrease the VB numbers to match the number of interviews they plan to do in any given month. The decision of the VB number is calculated in the first few days of the month based on the pool of selectees who have a processed DS260 as of the beginning of the month. There were people who were current in October that had submitted their DS260 "late" (even the earliest submissions in May were sometimes delayed). So - the numbers in early VBs were increased more than was needed to get a big enough pool of processed cases. Then as cases that were already current were finally processed they would be in the pool for later months scheduling and have been taking the lions share of the interview slots in later VBs. That has led to slow VB progress after the fast start.