ANAHEIM ASYLUM OFFICE INTERVIEW DELAYS 2014

Anthony2013

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends

Let's share our experience for Anaheim asylum office. I applied there in July 2013 and haven't received my interview notice yet. It is almost one year. Has anybody received interview notice recently? Do you have any news about the Anaheim asylum office condition for now?

All I have heard of is that its really busy. I am waiting for my decision for past 15 months.

I am waiting for good 1 year and half to get an interview ,Good news is I have EAD. I realized each case is very different I have seen guys getting approved in less than 5 month in Same office its just waiting and staying patient

I am waiting for good 1 year and half to get an interview ,Good news is I have EAD. I realized each case is very different I have seen guys getting approved in less than 5 month in Same office its just waiting and staying patient

Is hard to wait. And I praying that u get ur interview notice soonest. I had my interview real quick. But since after the interview in July 2013 I have not heard back from them

I was interviewed in Asylum office in Anaheim in July 2014 and interview went well..officer had me sign the inadmissible and deportable slip but said I would recieve my responce through the mail..it is now October and I am still waiting for the responce what should I do? I recieved my interview 3 months after they recieved my application incase this info is helpful to anyone!

I interviewed 40 days ago in Anaheim uscis office, at the end of interview my officer asked me some documents and I brought all of them for her two days after my interview.

She told me as well “you can come and take your decision letter after 14 days “but when I went to USCIS they said your application is in process and we will send you the decision letter by mail.

Now near 40 days past and I did not get anything, before interview I applied to get my work permission, I got the employement authorization card by mail 10 days after my interview and get my SSN number but till now I did not get my decision letter, what does it mean? It means my asylum application is denied? Or referred to immigration judge?

Last edited:
From experience, once they say they will send the decision by mail, it's usually referral to the Immigration Court. Good luck to you all. When you are referred to the Court, it takes another long period of time to get a hearing depending on your Lawyer. Just keep praying. As long as you have EAD and are allowed to work, then you are good and can just keep waiting and praying.
Trinitymgn you believe my case was referred to court.maybe it is right but why they did not tell me this or did not give me the letter with this decision,because my lawyer said if they referred you to court they gave you the letter after 14 days and they don't need to tell you your application is in process.he said this means you are in background check.maybe he said this to keep my hope

@Trinitymgn
I know from my experience, its just the opposite.
If you don't receive your denial within 5-6 months, chances are high you will be approved.

@arryo
Did u sign the inadmissible and deportable slip? it says here if we signed it we are most likely approved highlighted in black...check this out found it on the uscis website not sure if ur filing by NACARA law but hope its helpful

Attachments

• Jjj.png
    Jjj.png
    374.8 KB · Views: 25
@arryo
Did u sign the inadmissible and deportable slip? it says here if we signed it we are most likely approved highlighted in black...check this out found it on the uscis website not sure if ur filing by NACARA law but hope its helpful
Sandra

I signed a form after finishing the interview and another form, and she said it is a receipt for you to come back after 14 days and get your result,besides she gave me a form and she marked some paragraphs of that. She told me you have to bring these evidences by 5 days after your interview.I brought all of them the same day after interview.
I believed I signed the admissible form or something like that, but to be honest with you she always broke our conversation and always said only answer my question very short.she did not let me to talk.and this kind of behavior made me nervous.
I thing my interview went well and my attorney after interview said everything was fine, but I don't know what happened to my decision letter. After 14 days nothing.
one of guys in this forum said because your application is referred to IJ .

Sandra

I signedg
former finishing the interview and another form, and she said it is a receipt u to come back after 14 days and get your result,besides she gave me a form and she marked some paagraphs of that. She told me you have to bring these evidences by 5 days after your interview.I brought all of them the same day after interview.
I believed I signed the admissible form or something like that, but to be honest with you she always broke our conversation and always said only answer my question very short.she did not let me to talk.and this kind of behavior made me nervous.
I thing my interview went well and my attorney after interview said everything was fine, but I don't know what happened to my decision letter. After 14 days nothing.
one of guys in this forum said because your application is referred to IJ .
Dont worry you should be fine i have been waiting for 3 mnths and havent recievedd anything if your lawyer says it went well then believe it..my mother went in May to her inteeview and the officwe mentioned the immigration court to her and a month later she recieved a notice that her cas was sent to the IJ if they didnt mention it to you then you are good ...

Dont worry you should be fine i have been waiting for 3 mnths and havent recievedd anything if your lawyer says it went well then believe it..my mother went in May to her inteeview and the officwe mentioned the immigration court to her and a month later she recieved a notice that her cas was sent to the IJ if they didnt mention it to you then you are good ...
thanks for your kindness Sandra, hopefully your mother's application will be accepted in IJ.
I am a little worry about my attorney.because I had to give him all cost before starting the interview and after that when I asked him to send them an inquiry, he said why you want to follow that you have work permit and SSN number.Dont think about the application and only think about your life.
your officer is working on your application and she will send you the letter and your application is under security check.but I had a telephone conversation with his coworker who is working with him in that office , and he said it means your officer could not accept this interview and she wants to summon you to another interview. I don't know which conversation is true.

@arryo
if u ask different attorneys they will all say different stories..i think it could also be taking long because of the kids that came from central america that are filing for asylum last month

I applied for asylum in Houston, TX in August 2013 and was interviewed in October 2013. After the interview ended, the Asylum Officer told me that the final decision was going to be made by the Asylum Headquarters in Washington D.C. I've been waiting for a final decision since then! Every time I send an email to Houston Asylum Office about my case, they say that my application is still pending a final decision. Luckily I have an EAD card and I make a living... Hang in there guys and don't lose hope!
https://www.immigrantjustice.org/si... of the Affirmative Asylum Backlog_4.2.14.pdf

All I have heard of is that its really busy. I am waiting for my decision for past 15 months.
Sadsoul
do you have any experience about insurance or medi-cal,actually I applied to get the cal-work but they said because you haven't got the asylum application result you are not illegible to get that,
do you get Medi-cal for your self or your family,if no what did you do during these 13 months?

@arryo
if u ask different attorneys they will all say different stories..i think it could also be taking long because of the kids that came from central america that are filing for asylum last month
Sandra
do you have any experience about insurance or medi-cal or cash-aid,actually I applied to get the cal-work but they said because you haven't got the asylum application result you are not illegible to get that,
do you get Medi-cal for your self or your family,if no what did you do during these months?

Sandra
do you have any experience about insurance or medi-cal or cash-aid,actually I applied to get the cal-work but they said because you haven't got the asylum application result you are not illegible to get that,
do you get Medi-cal for your self or your family,if no what did you do during these months?
No Aryyo i dont have medi cal I heard that it is only for residents or if your job provides it

No Aryyo i dont have medi cal I heard that it is only for residents or if your job provides it
Sandra,
I have applied 3 times to get medi-cal ,I have work permit and SSN number but the said "you are not illegible for MEDI_CAL" like you mentioned ,
but I dont know what should we do , because you know I have a daughter she is only 6 and she needs doctor ,when I asked them about that, said you have to pay for it.
I think it is not fair,we have to wait to get the decision letter and we don't know how long it takes,